Author Topic: Perk/Accessory delivery?  (Read 7064 times)

Steven_P

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« on: June 14, 2018, 07:15:47 pm »
My Gemini PDA arrived (in the US) this week. But I did not receive the leather pouch or connectivity kit which I had ordered as perks. The perk tracker seems to suggest that these shipped with the device (they did not).  I have reached out to Planet seeking clarity. What are other experiences from folk? Did the perks arrive separately? Did they arrive at the same time?

KF6GPE

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:51 pm »
Mine (to the US too) came all at once, but if I recall correctly in two boxes.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 03:19:01 am »
My PDA came as follows:
Code: [Select]
* one box containing
   * the Gemini
   * a small box with the charger
   * a small box with the cable
   * a very flat box with the cover remover, some Planet stickers and a microfibre cloth
   * a getting started guide
* a second box with
   * the camera module
   * a replacement back with the camera hole
   * a printed sheet with a fitting guide
I didn't order any other extras. Had I known how much the video cable adaptor was going to be, I would have done  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:19:57 am by speculatrix »
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Bob Ham

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 04:49:02 am »
I just got my Gemini PDA in the (UK) post yesterday without the accessories I ordered.  I sent a message to Planet through the Indiegogo website but I haven't heard back from them yet.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:59:07 am by Bob Ham »

Nick A

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 05:57:18 am »
Quote from: Bob Ham
I just got my Gemini PDA in the (UK) post yesterday without the accessories I ordered.  I sent a message to Planet through the Indiegogo website but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Me too.  Arrived today (with USB-C cable, cloth and charger, but no pouch, camera, hub or HDMI cable.  Have emailed and awaiting response.

flotsam

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 08:10:49 am »
I looked at their store yesterday, and noticed that they seem to be out of all the accessories (except the camera). So I would guess that they are just sending on what they have, and they'll send the accessories when they get more stock.

Steven_P

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 07:04:25 pm »
Just got confirmation from Planet that these items were over-ordered and the orders will be back-filled as soon as is feasible.

Dixit

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 04:16:39 am »
Same here. On the same date (June 16).

And since then... nothing !

I find that rather annoying. The order on "Indiegogo" states 'completed'for quite some time already.

MikeC

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 12:56:38 pm »
Quote from: Steven_P
My Gemini PDA arrived (in the US) this week. But I did not receive the leather pouch or connectivity kit which I had ordered as perks. The perk tracker seems to suggest that these shipped with the device (they did not).  I have reached out to Planet seeking clarity. What are other experiences from folk? Did the perks arrive separately? Did they arrive at the same time?

I ordered a Gemini + camera + pouch on May 11th, I received the Gemini + camera the first week of June (in California, USA). I haven't yet received the pouch. I ordered my Gemini,etc direct from Planet Computers.

NCI

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 05:00:38 pm »
I ordered mine (Wi-Fi+4G, no extras) on 12th July via IGG and... nothing. Order is not locked on IGG, my messages to PC don't get any replies. Am I the unlucky one, or are there other new (9XXX) backers getting the silent treatment?

Please kindly share your experiences. This situation is disturbing and frustrating for me, I am on the verge of asking for refund.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 05:07:22 pm by NCI »

Jos

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 06:12:22 pm »
I ordered my G4 on 25-5 as a backer, got a mail about the keyboard at 21-6 and now i'm waiting. No messages sinds the 21-6. Order #88xx
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 06:13:30 pm by Jos »

andrewl

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 07:26:55 am »
Quote from: NCI
I ordered mine (Wi-Fi+4G, no extras) on 12th July via IGG and... nothing. Order is not locked on IGG, my messages to PC don't get any replies. Am I the unlucky one, or are there other new (9XXX) backers getting the silent treatment?

Please kindly share your experiences. This situation is disturbing and frustrating for me, I am on the verge of asking for refund.

Most of us waited many months for our Gemini

Planet are printing keyboards to demand, during the last few months we found that some keyboard types can be delayed if they are not the most popular ones. Also, the wall charger for some nations can be out of stock.

But the biggest reason for delays is that the Gemini goes through a batch production run where a number are produced, QC'ed and then shipped either to Hong Kong for worldwide fulfillment, or  to London for Europe. The time for a batch seemed to be about 3 weeks, so your order might have to wait a couple of weeks for the next batch. If you have ordered an unusual keyboard then the wait could be longer.

Ishman

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 11:44:10 am »
I ordered the Gemini Camera in December 2017 and still have not gotten it as well as the AC adapter from my original order in Oct. 2017.  I think they are behind on all the accessories and trying to fill when they can.  The process they follow does not necessarily give a first come first serve delivery.

Thanks
Ishman

DJO

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 12:50:20 pm »
Looks like there's some movement, I ordered a HDMI cable from their web site in May as it was no longer available as a perk.
I got an email this morning to say it's been despatched.

NCI

• View Profile
Perk/Accessory delivery?
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 06:50:48 pm »
Quote from: andrewl
Planet are printing keyboards to demand, during the last few months we found that some keyboard types can be delayed if they are not the most popular ones. Also, the wall charger for some nations can be out of stock.
Here's the thing - I did not get to choose keyboard layout when I pledged on IGG, there was no such option. Is it normal?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:30:53 pm by NCI »