Author Topic: Displaylink adapter works (under Android)!  (Read 5882 times)

mifritscher

• View Profile
Displaylink adapter works (under Android)!
« on: July 01, 2018, 04:28:31 am »
I tried a (random dual output USB 3.0 which I bought several years ago) Displaylink adapter on the right side. And it worked flawlessly after installing the Displaylink app :-) Only problem is that in OpenGL ES apps the external display doesn't work (Tested with supertuxkart).
It even works in combination with the Gemini Hub and without a external power supply.

So there is finally a way to have power, USB and external display at the same time :-)

I'll add the type of the adapter tomorrow when I have access to it again.

miked1541

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 02:32:47 am »
Quote from: mifritscher
I tried a (random dual output USB 3.0 which I bought several years ago) Displaylink adapter on the right side. And it worked flawlessly after installing the Displaylink app :-) Only problem is that in OpenGL ES apps the external display doesn't work (Tested with supertuxkart).
It even works in combination with the Gemini Hub and without a external power supply.

So there is finally a way to have power, USB and external display at the same time :-)

I'll add the type of the adapter tomorrow when I have access to it again.

Thanks for this, mifritscher!  It got me thinking.  I picked up a USB-C to USB-A adapter from Best Buy this evening since I have not received my accessory pack yet and I wanted to see if I could attach a hub.  Well, that worked and since I saw your post this evening, I tried my Plugable UD-3000 docking station in Android.  I was able to get it working with the DisplayLink Presenter app.  I have it attached to an HDMI monitor using DVI to HDMI adapter.  Any ideas on how to change the resolution?

Also, I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse attached, which works as well.  I still haven't figured out the ethernet yet.  Not sure if that will work, but not a biggie since I have wifi.  Oh, also the audio jack works as well without installing anything.  I have not yet tried the mic.  

If anybody has any ideas regarding the ethernet, it would be great if you shared.

Thanks!

miked1541

miked1541

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 02:53:31 am »
OK, I just tried a Samsung SyncMaster U70 7-inch USB monitor and an AOC e1659Fwu 16-inch USB monitor.  Both worked with the DisplayLink Presenter using only 1 USB adapter without external power (aside from the left-hand Gemini USB-C port.)  Now if I could only change the resolution...or even extend the desktop to the monitor.  I don't really use Android much, but if anybody knows if/how the desktop can be extended, it would be greatly appreciated!

miked1541

Thiago Alves

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 08:45:22 am »
Hey guys,

I managed to connect my Sabrent DisplayLink adapter using the Adroid app, but the image on my screen appears inverted. When I'm using the Gemini in landscape mode, the image appears on the screen in portrait, with the contents inverted. If I use the Gemini bar tool to force rotate my screen, then the Gemini is in portrait, and the image on the external monitor fills out the whole screen, but it is rotated 90 degrees. I tried to change settings on the DisplayLink app, but there are no settings to change there. I couldn't find answers for that anywhere. I'm using Android 8.1 rooted. Any ideas?

DJO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 02:38:14 pm »
Quote from: Thiago Alves
Hey guys,
Any ideas?

Turn your monitor through 90º  

Thiago Alves

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 10:40:39 am »
After reading some posts I finally figured it out. The solution is basically to revert back to Android 7. Android 8 is supper buggy on the Gemini. Now that I've downgraded, not only the DisplayLink adapter is working perfectly, but also suspend, power management, and a lot of other things are just working as they should.

cam1965

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 02:28:44 pm »
After reading some posts I finally figured it out. The solution is basically to revert back to Android 7. Android 8 is supper buggy on the Gemini. Now that I've downgraded, not only the DisplayLink adapter is working perfectly, but also suspend, power management, and a lot of other things are just working as they should.
Hi Thiago.
I suppose you are brazilian  ( because of your name ) if so,  what is this model  of displaylink adapter? I am also brazilian. Can I use it with myTV on hdmi port ? How much is this adapter ?  Where can I find it ? Thank you. Valeu , ! se for brasileiro , pode responder em português. Obrigado.

cam1965

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 12:54:50 pm »
Quote from: cam1965
Hi Thiago.
I suppose you are brazilian  ( because of your name ) if so,  what is this model  of displaylink adapter? I am also brazilian. Can I use it with myTV on hdmi port ? How much is this adapter ?  Where can I find it ? Thank you. Valeu , ! se for brasileiro , pode responder em português. Obrigado.

Already contacted him and he already answered me . Thank you again.