Author Topic: Electronic tickets, bording passes  (Read 2474 times)

Neophy

• View Profile
Electronic tickets, bording passes
« on: July 04, 2018, 05:18:17 am »
Has anyone tried using an electronic ticket or boarding pass on the Gemini? I suspect there might be problems as the screen cannot be put flat on the scanner of those airport/Eurostar gates.

Murple2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 05:23:31 am »
Quote from: Neophy
Has anyone tried using an electronic ticket or boarding pass on the Gemini? I suspect there might be problems as the screen cannot be put flat on the scanner of those airport/Eurostar gates.

I used mine flying from Gatwick about a month ago. It worked fine without any problems. Maybe turn off the screen lock temporarily so people aren't waiting for you to type in your password (mea culpa)

Dixit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:05:20 am »
Quote from: Murple2

I used mine flying from Gatwick about a month ago. It worked fine without any problems. Maybe turn off the screen lock temporarily so people aren't waiting for you to type in your password (mea culpa)

How did you put it on the scanner ?

rubus-3.142

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 02:08:09 pm »
I have not tried with the Gemini but I think a lot depends on the type of scanner?   As an example

At Amsterdam check in gates the camera is on a bracket some 30 cm above the desk and you just put your phone under - I keep holding the phone so the distance varies a bit,  the code on the  KLM app is read fine - I think the Gemini would be OK
At Glasgow you have to place the phone flat on a plane of glass in the reader - the camera is below the plane of glass,  I think in this case it might be harder due to the keyboard.

You could always give it a try and have a paper copy just in case...

novaldex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 03:51:14 am »
It's an interesting question! I've used it okay on buses with scanners, but they're usually mounted above & you hold your phone below.

As i'll be travelling soon i'm interested to know more, has anyone passed through Manchester to see how theirs work (been a long time since I flew from there..) ?

rubus-3.142

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 06:49:17 am »
Quote from: novaldex
As i'll be travelling soon i'm interested to know more, has anyone passed through Manchester to see how theirs work (been a long time since I flew from there..) ?

I was last in MAN-T3 Back in April, I assume the others terminals are the same, both the security gates to the search area and the boarding gates were of the "lay it flat on the glass type"   I will actually be passing through T2 on Sunday, will have paper copy of boarding pass as not taking gemini/laptop or smart phone where I am going.  Can experiment holding it some distance form the scanner and see what happens and report back here

Murple2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 08:05:20 am »
Quote from: Dixit
Quote from: Murple2

How did you put it on the scanner ?
I just held it above. beep.

rubus-3.142

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »
Quote from: rubus-3.142
Quote from: novaldex

I was last in MAN-T3 Back in April, I assume the others terminals are the same, both the security gates to the search area and the boarding gates were of the "lay it flat on the glass type"   I will actually be passing through T2 on Sunday, will have paper copy of boarding pass as not taking gemini/laptop or smart phone where I am going.  Can experiment holding it some distance form the scanner and see what happens and report back here
UPDATE Manchester T1 is indeed same at T3 I held the Easyjet boardng pass about 5 cm above the glass in the gate for the security areas (as if it were Gemini) it was not read by scanner.  had to lie face down on the glass.  Realise this is not defiitive proof but be careful and take paper copy if trying gemini.

BTW at 5:30 on Sunday morning  it took about an hour from bag drop through security to airsides. too  many people who only travel 1/year.  Allow plenty of time