Author Topic: Sim card not getting detected  (Read 1746 times)

masterkush

• View Profile
Sim card not getting detected
« on: July 05, 2018, 06:18:21 am »
When I insert a sim card in the sim card slot it does not detect it and just says no signal.

I have a x27 unit and in settings the option for sim 1 is greyed out. Only sim 2 can be switched on or off.  I had flashed the unit to quad boot as follows:
1. Android
2. Recovery
3. Sailfish OS
4. Debian

In settings I can see the IMEI numbers though.
What should I do? I really need the sim to work otherwise the device is not worth keeping for me.

Please help!

mithrandir

• View Profile
    • http://www.mygnu.de
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:50:32 am »
Quote from: masterkush
When I insert a sim card in the sim card slot it does not detect it and just says no signal.

I have a x27 unit and in settings the option for sim 1 is greyed out. Only sim 2 can be switched on or off.  I had flashed the unit to quad boot as follows:
1. Android
2. Recovery
3. Sailfish OS
4. Debian

What should I do? I really need the sim to work otherwise the device is not worth keeping for me.

Please help!

Since you also posted in the baseband thread, it is no baseband issu, because IMEIs are being shown. Did it work before? Reinsert the SIM, maybe it does not have a proper connection. Can you check with a different SIM? Might also be a hardware problem, in case all above fails I'd suggest to write to hello@planetcom.co.uk .

MadMac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 10:42:12 am »
Quote from: mithrandir
Quote from: masterkush

1. Android
2. Recovery
3. Sailfish OS
4. Debian

Please help!

Since you also posted in the baseband thread, it is no baseband issu, because IMEIs are being shown. Did it work before? Reinsert the SIM, maybe it does not have a proper connection. Can you check with a different SIM? Might also be a hardware problem, in case all above fails I'd suggest to write to hello@planetcom.co.uk .

Hey!

I had a similar issue and found out that the second SIM (the internal eSIM) was set to be the card for mobile data. After I switched my SIM card to be the active one I had a signal and data right away.
You can set the active SIM card in the settings and then SIM CARD (or similar, I have my Gemini set to German).

Marc