Author Topic: Sailfish OS 3.0.0 released to early adopters today  (Read 9660 times)

depscribe

• View Profile
Sailfish OS 3.0.0 released to early adopters today
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 11:11:36 am »
It came up on my phone last night. You can force a check with the pulley menu on the Settings > update page. I don't know how often it checks or if Jolla pushes a check. I suspect the latter, because I have seen it go seven days without a check, and last night when I looked 3.0.0.8 was there when it hadn't been yesterday morning. I think 3.0.0.5 was purely the early access, a/k/a beta, release.

I'm not in the early release program -- my days of being up all night to fix something have mostly passed. (Having said that, I am waiting for the battery to run down because the install is stuck before beginning because I forgot to uninstall an app that must be uninstalled before the upgrade, after which it will boot into 2.2.18, I can uninstall the app, and the process can begin anew.)
dep

Atari Portfolio (yes, it still works and yes, I bought it new)
Libretto 110 CT (with docking station and all kinds of PCMCIA stuff)
And, now, a Gemini and, fortunately, a GPD Pocket

jovpov

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 07:20:37 pm »
Quote from: depscribe
It came up on my phone last night. You can force a check with the pulley menu on the Settings > update page. I don't know how often it checks or if Jolla pushes a check. I suspect the latter, because I have seen it go seven days without a check, and last night when I looked 3.0.0.8 was there when it hadn't been yesterday morning. I think 3.0.0.5 was purely the early access, a/k/a beta, release.

I'm not in the early release program -- my days of being up all night to fix something have mostly passed. (Having said that, I am waiting for the battery to run down because the install is stuck before beginning because I forgot to uninstall an app that must be uninstalled before the upgrade, after which it will boot into 2.2.18, I can uninstall the app, and the process can begin anew.)

I have updated (gemini triple boot) manually to 3.0.5 from 2.2.18.
Any ideas why icons are dense? Icons need more margin so that text under icon do not overlap..

jovpov

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 08:18:11 pm »
Quote from: jovpov
Quote from: depscribe

I have updated (gemini triple boot) manually to 3.0.5 from 2.2.18.
Any ideas why icons are dense? Icons need more margin so that text under icon do not overlap..

Info, update from 3.0.5 to 3.0.8 fixed icons spacing in drawer... but still "Off" (sleep) button doesn't work

epninety

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 07:30:28 am »
I'm confused...

The key is labelled as Fn-Esc = "Off" and that works as expected for me.

If it were mapped as just Esc for Off, that would (for me at least) be a waste of a key (and a useful one on a linux based machine.)

jovpov

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 09:18:44 am »
Quote from: epninety
I'm confused...

The key is labelled as Fn-Esc = "Off" and that works as expected for me.

If it were mapped as just Esc for Off, that would (for me at least) be a waste of a key (and a useful one on a linux based machine.)

With Sailfish 2.2.18, standy was ok, now with 3.0.0.8 it looks that it doesn't go to sleep, so battery is drained quickly..
I cannot manually turn off the screen (with Top left off button like before)

Any ideas / experience from 3.0.0.8?