Author Topic: Latest updates on Indiegogo  (Read 58081 times)

Pikku-iikka

• View Profile
Latest updates on Indiegogo
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 05:24:25 am »
The Update is there, and I'll comment in 'finnghlish':
Its lukin laik tö ting is rili kaming tu as. Mii kännot veit tu ket mai händs on it - för helvete...
Pikku-iikka (alias Little Ike - 194 cm / 130 kg)
Planet Cosmo Communicator
Samsung Note 8, Jolla Phone (Sailfish), Nokia N9 (Meego)
Raspberry Pi 4B / RetroPie setup emulating Amiga.

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 03:12:16 pm »
Another message from "The other side"...
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Planet Computers : 3 hour ago)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Planet Computers : 3 hour ago)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]There will be a new Cosmo Backer update over the weekend.[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:13:26 pm by MonkeyControl »

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 06:18:59 pm »
Quote from: MonkeyControl
Thank you for keeping an eye on the IGG comments. After trying to do so for a while, the general tone made me go away. While I'm not easily offended, it just made me sad.

Looking forward to the weekend update (I'm guessing it arrives on Monday). In the last update, from about two weeks ago, they said they'd publish the final mass production schedule "soon", so I hope this update will deliver on that. In another thread I guessed mass production would commence on July 29. I'm seriously starting to doubt that guess now. We'll soon see, I hope.

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 08:02:01 pm »
Quote from: Daniel W
Thank you for keeping an eye on the IGG comments. After trying to do so for a while, the general tone made me go away. While I'm not easily offended, it just made me sad.

Looking forward to the weekend update (I'm guessing it arrives on Monday). In the last update, from about two weeks ago, they said they'd publish the final mass production schedule "soon", so I hope this update will deliver on that. In another thread I guessed mass production would commence on July 29. I'm seriously starting to doubt that guess now. We'll soon see, I hope.
"Over the weekend" in "Planet-speak" would probably just mean before NEXT weekend  

But they could of course surprise us by being "on time" this time??

[blockquote]A short description of "Planet time":[/blockquote]
  • A minute is 100 seconds (easier to work with mathematically...)
  • An hour is 100 minutes (same as for minutes...)
  • A day is 26 hours, at least!! (Or is it probably 25 hours, as that is easier to work with mathematically???)  (Which kind of suits me, as my daily cycle probably is closer to that than 24 hours)
  • A week is 8 days (If that gives them one more day of work, or of the weekend, I do not know...)
  • A month is probably 33 1/3 days (unless they need some more time; then it is 50 days...)
  • And a year is then at least 400 days (and might be 600...)
And as an effect of all of this, a "Planet lightyear" will then be longer than the "standard". (Which again makes kind of sense in that Planet is an English company, and the English have a history of not "liking standards" in the first place...)

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 03:15:27 am »
Quote from: gymbo
A minute is 100 seconds (easier to work with mathematically...)
An hour is 100 minutes (same as for minutes...)
It's okay, I'm sure the UK has just finally gone metric.  erm...
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=gymbo)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(gymbo)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Which again makes kind of sense in that Planet is an English company, and the English have a history of not "liking standards" in the first place...)[/quote]When I grew up there I was always taught the mantra that the great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.  

We will get there.  
I'm sure the Cosmo will be worth it, but like Xmas, the waiting is the hard part.  Personally, I'm not anxious at all right now, honest, really, if I can just convince myself...

Pikku-iikka

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 04:54:52 am »
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=gymbo)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(gymbo)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]A minute is 100 seconds (easier to work with mathematically...)
An hour is 100 minutes (same as for minutes...)
It's okay, I'm sure the UK has just finally gone metric.  erm...[/quote]
Ahh... those days in '70s and '80s when imported british vehicles had screws we home-mechanics didn't have tools for. Can't remember if those were torx style, brits being ahead of times? Now, when the brexit seems to become reality, maybe Britain will take some steps backwords - away from metrics and towards pounds, shillings & pennies. Just kidding    I've always felt sympathy for british life style & stuff, but now I feel sadness them leaving EU so surprisingly and to my opinion: unthinkably. Cheers'... (kippis).

-Pikku-iikka
Pikku-iikka (alias Little Ike - 194 cm / 130 kg)
Planet Cosmo Communicator
Samsung Note 8, Jolla Phone (Sailfish), Nokia N9 (Meego)
Raspberry Pi 4B / RetroPie setup emulating Amiga.

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2019, 05:32:56 am »
Quote from: Pikku-iikka
Ahh... those days in '70s and '80s when imported british vehicles had screws we home-mechanics didn't have tools for.  Can't remember if those were torx style, brits being ahead of times?
So those were torx screwheads.  I wish you had told me that back then, you would have saved me a fortune in broken knuckles, bad language and tins of WD40.  I thought everybody maintained vehicles this way.  I still have my large collection of hammers and pliers for servicing, but these days my Mazda and Nissan seem to have little need for them.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 05:34:44 am by MonkeyControl »

Vistaus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2019, 02:49:54 pm »
Quote from: Piece_Maker
A message from "The other side", (indiegogo)...
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Planet Computers : 1 hour ago)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Planet Computers : 1 hour ago)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Big Cosmo backer update coming end of the day tomorrow!

And where is this quote from? No update today and it's well past Eod today in the UK
[/quote]

That was posted on July 11, look at the original post  And that update turned out to be Update #20.

New update (#21) is coming this weekend.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 12:52:42 pm by Vistaus »

gidds

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2019, 08:39:07 pm »
Quote from: Pikku-iikka
I feel sadness them leaving EU so surprisingly and to my opinion: unthinkably.
Some of us Brits feel exactly the same!  (Remember that almost half of us voted to remain in the EU -- and many of the rest weren't expecting such a drastic approach to leaving, nor the incompetence with which it's being handled.  Yet somehow those at the centre of politics have turned it into a childish my-Brexit-is-harder-than-yours competition!  Whatever happens, it's not going to end well -- and there seems to be nothing that any of us can do to stop it.)
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

Piece_Maker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2019, 03:33:33 pm »
Quote from: Vistaus
Quote from: Piece_Maker
A message from "The other side", (indiegogo)...
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Planet Computers : 1 hour ago)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Planet Computers : 1 hour ago)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Big Cosmo backer update coming end of the day tomorrow!

And where is this quote from? No update today and it's well past Eod today in the UK

That was posted on July 11, look at the original post  And that update turned out to be Update #20.

New update (#21) is coming this weekend.
[/quote]

My post was on the 12th (ie. the day after the 'end of day tomorrow' post), you should probably check the dates on posts before you try pointing out people who don't check dates on posts  

In all seriousness, I'm absolutely looking forward to this update more than anything else. Assuming nothing went wrong between the last update and now this could be the one we're all eagerly waiting for

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 07:39:16 pm »
Cosmo Communicator Campaign - Week 37 Update

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...or#/updates/all
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 03:43:20 am by MonkeyControl »

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 07:43:00 pm »

"Over the weekend" in "Planet-speak" would probably just mean before NEXT weekend  

But they could of course surprise us by being "on time" this time??

[blockquote]A short description of "Planet time":[/blockquote]
  • A minute is 100 seconds (easier to work with mathematically...)
  • An hour is 100 minutes (same as for minutes...)
  • A day is 26 hours, at least!! (Or is it probably 25 hours, as that is easier to work with mathematically???)  (Which kind of suits me, as my daily cycle probably is closer to that than 24 hours)
  • A week is 8 days (If that gives them one more day of work, or of the weekend, I do not know...)
  • A month is probably 33 1/3 days (unless they need some more time; then it is 50 days...)
  • And a year is then at least 400 days (and might be 600...)
And as an effect of all of this, a "Planet lightyear" will then be longer than the "standard". (Which again makes kind of sense in that Planet is an English company, and the English have a history of not "liking standards" in the first place...)
I stand corrected: Over the weekend actually turned out to be just "over the weekend" (and by just a few minutes too...). Somebody must have fixed all the clock and calendars over there!!! (If they could just fix the alarms in Agenda as well, things would really start looking good...)

If it wasn't obvious by the statement above: Cosmo update 21 is out:

Slight delay in schedule, but that is probably a good thing (compared to a rushed product with faults/flaws...)!!

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2019, 07:49:03 pm »
Cosmo Communicator Campaign - Week 37 Update

And to make another useless post; I was apparently a few minutes late with my post about it  
(or should I say  )

Hadn't seen your post when I started posting...

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2019, 08:01:39 pm »
Slight delay in schedule, but that is probably a good thing (compared to a rushed product with faults/flaws...)!!
Compared to the (already delayed) schedule from Update #13, we've now essentially slipped another month, with start of mass production scheduled for the last week of August, so shipping can thus occur no earlier than September, suggesting that the Cosmo will, much like the Gemini, be about four months late, pending that no further issues are found in the PR2 samples, that is. But yes, indeed, rather get it right than rush it.

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2019, 08:27:06 pm »
Compared to the (already delayed) schedule from Update #13, we've now essentially slipped another month, with start of mass production scheduled for the last week of August, so shipping can thus occur no earlier than September, suggesting that the Cosmo will, much like the Gemini, be about four months late, pending that no further issues are found in the PR2 samples, that is. But yes, indeed, rather get it right than rush it.
I should of course have said "slight FURTHER delay in schedule", but I would still rather have it "right" than a "left hand work" (don't really know if it is an expression in English, but assume people understand what I mean, and it fits quite good with wanting it to be "right"  ).

Of course, if I don't have it by Christmas, I will be quite annoyed with Santa Claus... (Which of course would be totally unfair, because as far as we know he doesn't work there, does he? Although, if he indeed DOES work there, that might account for their somewhat "loose" concepts of time: As anybody knows Santa Clause needs to have som kind of "time-bending" capabilities in order to get around and deliver all those those presents for Christmas, so it would be fair to assume that time around him wold be kind of erratic ...    )