Author Topic: Latest updates on Indiegogo  (Read 58080 times)

maki.jouni

• View Profile
Latest updates on Indiegogo
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2020, 02:16:20 am »
New update is out

"Unfortunately, It has been stuck in transit and is now expected to reach the warehouse, after only clearing customs today"

"we now expect that these Cosmo perks to be shipped out on Thursday this week"
Cosmo Communicator (Fin/Swe), Mix2, Sony Xperia XZ & Z3, Nokia N900, Nokia PARSA, HTC Touch Pro, Qtek 9100, Nokia 6600 & 6210 & 2110, Mobira Talkman

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2020, 09:23:37 am »
For those unfamiliar with the Cosmo "vulnerability" in Update #42, it was a backdoor, with full system privileges, and a way for any app, knowing how to ask, to silently get any Android permission, both - without ANY approval from, or knowledge by, Planet Computers - developed, hidden and maintained by the firmware update parter Digitime, which, when confronted, said it was for emergency patching, though there, apparently, are documented cases, where they have beed used (NOT on Planet Computers devices) to push intrusive adware. Since discovered and reported by Ash Wolf (thanks, again), it seems Digitime has removed all offending code and has, basically, dropped off the public internet.

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2020, 06:44:42 pm »
Update #43 is out.

The European Cosmo shipment were booked into the UK warehouse on Friday. Shipping will start on Monday, and shipping notification will be sent out.

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2020, 07:05:53 pm »
Quote from: Daniel W
Update #43 is out.

The European Cosmo shipment were booked into the UK warehouse on Friday. Shipping will start on Monday, and shipping notification will be sent out.
Hmm, I was just opening this topic to post that...

(And for your convenience, a link to the update...)

And it also more or less states that if you are not locked by now, you will probably not be so until after the Chinese New Year is over in a few weeks... (They said they would be locking a few more that has already been produced, over the next days, but I'm not holding my breath. So seems I will still have a few days/weeks to wait??? And to think I was reluctant to back this, as I thought changing phone after about a year, if they had managed to deliver on the original delivery date, was a bit "premature". I usually keep my phones WAY longer than a that...)

szopin

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2020, 08:02:23 pm »
Quote from: gymbo
And it also more or less states that if you are not locked by now, you will probably not be so until after the Chinese New Year is over in a few weeks...

And no reaction from anyone, amazing, perfect communication PC, we need a guy on an unrelated forum to decode your meaning

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2020, 11:47:52 pm »
Quote from: szopin
And it also more or less states that if you are not locked by now, you will probably not be so until after the Chinese New Year is over in a few weeks...

And no reaction from anyone, amazing, perfect communication PC, we need a guy on an unrelated forum to decode your meaning
I don't really think you need to DECODE anything to understand that, they stated it quite clearly!! The only small hope for me, and anyone else still not "locked", is that we might be among those few that already ARE produced, and will be "locked" in a few days...

maki.jouni

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2020, 06:44:10 am »
Just a moment ago I received notification from DPD that your order has been dispatched...

Just few days anymore...  
Cosmo Communicator (Fin/Swe), Mix2, Sony Xperia XZ & Z3, Nokia N900, Nokia PARSA, HTC Touch Pro, Qtek 9100, Nokia 6600 & 6210 & 2110, Mobira Talkman

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2020, 07:44:53 am »
The only small hope for me, and anyone else still not "locked", is that we might be among those few that already ARE produced, and will be "locked" in a few days...
Yes, while DAN/NOR units were included in the last European shipment, perhaps yours will ship directly from HK, as Norway isn't in the EU. Well... only Planet knows. FWIW, I also got an "Your order from DPDLocal has been dispatched" e-mail, so for us whose units were in that shipment, actual deliveries seems to be happening now.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:31:08 am by Daniel W »

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2020, 11:33:30 am »
Update 44 is out:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...59#/updates/all

They have included a chart of fulfilled, locked and placed based on the month people contributed. So now I at least know I'm one of 19 people (out of 255) still only "placed" from contributing in December 2018. Not that it helps much, my device is still not even produced yet...    

szopin

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2020, 02:38:24 pm »
Quote from: szopin

I don't really think you need to DECODE anything to understand that, they stated it quite clearly!! The only small hope for me, and anyone else still not "locked", is that we might be among those few that already ARE produced, and will be "locked" in a few days...
Did they state it quite clearly? Decoding failed as I got mine locked since then, so if it was clearly stated then it was a lie. In other news PC are starting to look for linux testers in comments (pasting here before it disappears 10 pages deep):
Planet Computers 3 hours ago
Project Owner
Marijan, we are planning with the open source community to have it released in February. If you would like to beta test, please let us know by replying here.
Wish they'd either restart their forum or use this one for such thing, but here we go

ehem

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2020, 12:40:16 am »
They have included a chart of fulfilled, locked and placed based on the month people contributed. So now I at least know I'm one of 19 people (out of 255) still only "placed" from contributing in December 2018. Not that it helps much, my device is still not even produced yet...    

You've had a longer wait, but you did get yours for less.  I had thought my current device would still be worth staying with, but unexpectedly it became clear I urgently needed to move off of it.  I need one of the common configurations, but since I ordered mine late I expect to get mine near the end.  Right now I don't have a time-frame either.

Dickon Hood

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2020, 04:59:57 am »
I backed on the day of the announcement (number 601), and received it in November last year.  A friend, on seeing mine, backed it a week or so later, and got his early this month.  We're both UK/UK, which is a common configuration.  You might be lucky.

maki.jouni

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2020, 12:27:59 pm »
Teaser from the other side...

"
Planet Computers 2 hours ago

We will post a new backer update later today!
"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:28:28 pm by maki.jouni »

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2020, 08:09:33 pm »
Quote from: maki.jouni
Teaser from the other side...

"
Planet Computers 2 hours ago

We will post a new backer update later today!
"
And now update 45 IS out:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...59#/updates/all

(Yes, the link will only post to this update until a new update arrives, but then it probably wont be interesting anymore anyway...     )

Mostly the update just states that things are moving ahead with OSes and production of Cosmos (and a little about further delays related to the situation in China). So it seems I actually could be getting a Cosmo in the "not so distant" future...

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2020, 02:14:10 pm »
New update No 46 is out now on the other side

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...or#/updates/all
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:15:50 pm by MonkeyControl »