Author Topic: Belt cases for cosmo?  (Read 10995 times)

jankratochvil

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 10:04:34 am »
Received a leather case and it perfectly matches my custom order.  They even made it for standard price of their product.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Piece_Maker

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2019, 12:18:12 pm »
That black leather looks really nice! I do like that they've named the smooth brown colour 'crazy horse brown' as well  

Good to see they've actually added it as a standard option to avoid everyone making custom orders as well. Might have to get a crazy horse brown one to match my cowboy boots

jankratochvil

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 08:52:41 am »
Quote from: Piece_Maker
Good to see they've actually added it as a standard option to avoid everyone making custom orders as well.

They did not. My order has completely smooth surface of the leather and I also ordered no antlers.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:25:18 pm by jankratochvil »

Vistaus

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 04:23:49 pm »
If anyone receives the official Planet Leather Pouch some time soon: please post some pictures  'Cause the one picture an IGG doesn't tell me much about how it actually works.

bolderz

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 04:14:07 pm »
I ordered a vertical belt case in brown and it is very good.  The case is made out of thick good quality leather with a secure belt loop.  This is much better than some other designs which have a hook that can come off the belt much too easily.  Mine came with antlers but would have been better without.  There is a loop for a hand strap but I have never used it so far.

Delivery is somewhat slow and attracts a customs bill (£4 plus £8 handling charge) in the UK.  I was confused by an email from Aliexpress telling me that the case was delivered and signed for when I had seen nothing.  I queried the non-delivery but I couldn't get a coherent reply.  A couple of days later a card popped through the door telling me that I had to pay the customs charge before I could take delivery.  I then went straight over to the local Royal Mail depot, paid the charge and collected the case.  It would have been much simpler if Aliexpress had told me that it was in Customs.

Overall though a good quality case that makes it easy to carry the Cosmo around.

Vistaus

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2020, 06:36:50 pm »
Has anyone received their leather pouch perk (the official leather pouch) yet? I'm still waiting for mine, still contribution placed...

gymbo

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2020, 10:19:32 pm »
Quote from: Vistaus
Has anyone received their leather pouch perk (the official leather pouch) yet? I'm still waiting for mine, still contribution placed...
I got my Cosmo and the "Cosmo All-in Upgrade" (which includes the pouch) together on Friday, so seems they have started shipping.

(The "Cosmo All-in Upgrade" is still listed as "placed" on Indiegogo, som maybe Planet will send me another one as well??     )

NVDSYPE

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 05:39:44 am »
I received the leather pouch and it fits really tight on my CC. I also ordered the all-in one perk. But I received it in 2 deliveries.  First delivery contained my CC and USB-C to HDMI cable and past week it was the pouch and hub.

Vistaus

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 06:24:11 am »
Still contribution placed here. But at least they *are* sending them out now to some of you, that's a good sign

Vistaus

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 06:18:33 pm »
So I received a tracking link last week, but the page says it's untracked. I haven't received it either. I wonder if Planet sent me a tracking link by mistake, esp. given the fact that AFAIK their warehouse is currenty closed...

Pikku-iikka

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2020, 10:01:27 am »
Not a belt case - although maybe I will add an option   . Instead, a completely self-made case. For the bottom part, the plastic housing that came with Cosmo, was perfect. The upper cover is made of several plastic parts, so the Cosmos' lineaments could be maintained. Magnet stripe on top snaps beautifully on something metallic inside Cosmo's top-front edge (maybe there for a purpose...).

Although this case looks like a self made (which it is), I'm very happy with it. Protects my device well, gives extra grip without giving too much bulkiness. And you can always remove the Cosmo if you should.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Pikku-iikka (alias Little Ike - 194 cm / 130 kg)
Planet Cosmo Communicator
Samsung Note 8, Jolla Phone (Sailfish), Nokia N9 (Meego)
Raspberry Pi 4B / RetroPie setup emulating Amiga.

Piece_Maker

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 03:59:23 pm »
Does anyone have a waterproof baggie that their Cosmo fits in? Something along these lines:  

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81JXetrw5aL._SL1500_.jpg\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-image\" /]  

All of the generic ones on Amazon seem to be of a similar size. I've got a normal-size one and my Sony Xperia X barely fits in it, let alone the gigantic Cosmo, so I'm thinking of trying to find a 'phablet' sized one, but I'm still worried the thickness will cause issues.  

I'm not after anything pretty, just something that'll keep my Cosmo dry when cycling in the rain when stuffed in a pocket.

Ian Glendinning

• View Profile
Belt cases for cosmo?
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2020, 05:55:54 pm »
I can highly recommend the DFV mobile - Leather Cover Vertical Belt Case with Magnetic Closure, here from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DFV-mobile-Vertica...r/dp/B07WS7DKL5

It fits both the Gemini and the Cosmo, and is sturdy, with good quality leather and has a fantatstic magnetic catch, that snaps shut without you even having to look at where you're putting it. I've used many belt cases over the years for many devices (Psion, Nokia, Planet), and this is the best one I've seen yet!