Author Topic: Home made delivery problem  (Read 3174 times)

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
    • http://
Home made delivery problem
« on: November 20, 2019, 02:32:04 am »
Fellow Planetarians,
Is anybody else here waiting in New Zealand for their Cosmo?  
I (stupidly) locked myself out of my Indiegogo account, and also (stupidly) closed what I think may be the associated contact email address.  I'm ashamed to admit that both incidents, whilst otherwise unrelated, probably involved beer.  
So now it's dawned on me that I've got no tracking details and I'm expecting my Cosmo will be held at Auckland by the courier until I pay the import taxes, and I may not receive notification from the courier, unless I get a call or a card through the door rather than an email to nowhere.  
I tried Indiegogo, I don't want to bother Planet when they've got their hands full, I thought I might contact the courier.  Does anyone know which courier they are using in NZ?  
Thanks in advance,
MC

Phoxford

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 02:17:20 am »
Quote from: MonkeyControl
Fellow Planetarians,
Is anybody else here waiting in New Zealand for their Cosmo?  
I (stupidly) locked myself out of my Indiegogo account, and also (stupidly) closed what I think may be the associated contact email address.  I'm ashamed to admit that both incidents, whilst otherwise unrelated, probably involved beer.  
So now it's dawned on me that I've got no tracking details and I'm expecting my Cosmo will be held at Auckland by the courier until I pay the import taxes, and I may not receive notification from the courier, unless I get a call or a card through the door rather than an email to nowhere.  
I tried Indiegogo, I don't want to bother Planet when they've got their hands full, I thought I might contact the courier.  Does anyone know which courier they are using in NZ?  
Thanks in advance,
MC

I wasn't contacted about the import at all. It arrived in Auckland and spent a few days lurking in customs then arrived on my doorstep - no duty payable - arrived on the 18th backer #24.

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 01:38:04 am »
Quote from: Phoxford
I wasn't contacted about the import at all. It arrived in Auckland and spent a few days lurking in customs then arrived on my doorstep - no duty payable - arrived on the 18th backer #24.
Cheers Bro,
Thanks for the info, hopefully mine turns up the same way.  
My backer number is in the 3000s, UK keyboard, EU plug, so I expect to be on one of the last pallets.  
I hope you are enjoying your Cosmo.

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 03:19:22 pm »
My backer number is in the 3000s, UK keyboard, EU plug, so I expect to be on one of the last pallets.  
Just to be clear, while all crowdfunded Cosmos will be made before any other units, they're not making them in backer number order. Planet Computers has mentioned muliple times that their factory makes the most common varieties first, and a UK keyboard with an EU power brick should be pretty common, so, regardless of your contibution id, you're likely to receive yours sooner than, say, mine, with a much less common keyboard layout.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:06:18 pm by Daniel W »

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 06:32:15 pm »
Quote from: Daniel W
Just to be clear, while all crowdfunded Cosmos will be made before any other units, they're not making them in backer number order.
You're right Daniel, That was the wrong thing for me to say.  
I was being a bit tongue in cheek trying to offer people who have been waiting longer than me, (most folk), a bit of encouragement, but ended up just giving duff information.  
Apologies for any confusion.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 06:37:56 pm by MonkeyControl »

safetythird

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 10:07:26 am »
You'll probably need to trouble Cosmo. The courier really shouldn't talk to someone who claims to be expecting a parcel - they've no proof it's yours. The consigner is their customer, not the recipient.

On the plus side, Cosmo replied really promptly when I had to email them with a shipping problem!

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 02:36:08 am »
Quote from: safetythird
You'll probably need to trouble Cosmo.  The courier really shouldn't talk to someone who claims to be expecting a parcel - they've no proof it's yours. The consigner is their customer, not the recipient.

On the plus side, Cosmo replied really promptly when I had to email them with a shipping problem!
Thanks for the good advice safetythird, I may ask them soon.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 05:01:30 pm by MonkeyControl »

csaunders

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 07:34:44 pm »
Fellow Planetarians,
......Is anybody else here waiting in New Zealand for their Cosmo?  
..... I'm expecting my Cosmo will be held at Auckland by the courier until I pay the import taxes,
......and I may not receive notification from the courier, unless I get a call or a card through the door rather than an email to nowhere.  
......Does anyone know which courier they are using in NZ?  
Thanks in advance,
MC

Kiwi (Dorklander) here compulsively checking my contribution status like an anxious expectant mother - no change still not 'locked'  

Contributor # mid 3000's (yeah I too figured out it's irrelevant but it's kinda like a 'name' 'rank' 'serial number' thingy now isn't it!) US keyboard UK plug.

Import taxes? Bugger, I hope not....

My main concern is that the courier leaves my precious Cosmo sitting on the doorstep whilst I'm away at Xmas and some bastard steals it  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:35:32 pm by csaunders »

csaunders

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 07:40:29 pm »
Quote from: Phoxford
Cheers Bro,
Thanks for the info, hopefully mine turns up the same way.  
I hope you are enjoying your Cosmo.

Question: Why did you go for the UK keyboard and EU plug?

I ordered a US keyboard for the $ dollar symbol rather than the pound and a UK plug for 240v 50Hz which is compatible with NZ supply and will go nicely into an old UK four way power board I still have (with an NZ plus on the end of it).

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 02:16:52 am »
Quote from: csaunders
Question: Why did you go for the UK keyboard and EU plug?

I ordered a US keyboard for the $ dollar symbol rather than the pound and a UK plug for 240v 50Hz which is compatible with NZ supply and will go nicely into an old UK four way power board I still have (with an NZ plus on the end of it).
The UK keyboard still has both the pound and dollar symbol, and a lot of the non alpha-numeric letters on a US keyboard are in the wrong place for me (e.g. " @), so I thought I'd stick with what I learnt on and what I've known most of my life.  
As for the Euro plug thing, we both run European phones with European charger blocks (Jolla), most of our power needs are EU or NZ, and all of our sockets are either EU or NZ.  I migrated away from UK plugs not long after we arrived in NZ, a lot of friends back in the "Old World" got second hand UK plugs for Xmas that year.  In retrospect, based on what I now know about configurations versus backer number, maybe I would have gone for UK+UK, but there you go.  
As for the import taxes, Phoxford further up this thread didn't get stung, so maybe we'll be alright.  I hope yours arrives soon, before you go away for Xmas, I hope mine does too.  I wonder if one of us will be the first on the North Island to get theirs.

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 02:25:16 am »
Well I got home from work the other day after another heroic day behind a spreadsheet, and there's a parcel in the postbox, which is unusual around here for a Thursday, must be a courier.  
Then I noticed it was for her, not me, some supplements that she ordered the other day.  I'll probably have to end up having to take them as well as part of some new health kick for summer.  Gutted.  

I DON'T NEED VITAMINS I NEED COSMO.  

Oh well, back to waiting.  We're all in the same boat.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:28:26 am by MonkeyControl »