Author Topic: Change the Keystroke for Backlighting the Keyboard?  (Read 2624 times)

jakfish

• View Profile
Change the Keystroke for Backlighting the Keyboard?
« on: December 17, 2019, 11:11:29 am »
I'm no touch typist, so in the dark, I often miss trying to find Shift-Fn-N. Is it possible to change the key combination to something simpler?

Jake

NormMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 11:19:31 am »
I don't know if it's possible to re-define the shortcut keys, but as a work-around:
I too find it very awkward to do Shift+Fn+N especially while lying in bed in the dark.  

Instead, I do Fn+Bksp (to open Settings) and then Cosmo Settings and then use the slider at the top.

I'd rather have an easier keystroke also, but for me this feels the more convenient option until there's a better way.

Now I just wish that the Android settings menus would respect my Dark Mode config setting.  Sometimes I use the "invert colors" option but it isn't awesome when there are graphics.

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 11:32:55 am »
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm doing--I put Settings on the Planet App bar, so I only have to hit the Alt key and the rest can be done by the screen.

I didn't find an option for changing the keystroke in Button Remapper Pro, but I haven't yet looked at other apps.

Jake

maki.jouni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 12:15:45 pm »
I've had few Lenovo laptops, at those it's 'Fn' + 'Spcase' and it's loopping 50% -> 100% -> 0% -> 50% -> 100%-> 0%

That would be quite simple for Cosmo also.
Cosmo Communicator (Fin/Swe), Mix2, Sony Xperia XZ & Z3, Nokia N900, Nokia PARSA, HTC Touch Pro, Qtek 9100, Nokia 6600 & 6210 & 2110, Mobira Talkman

Marc Laporte

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 01:44:55 pm »
Quote from: jakfish
I'm no touch typist, so in the dark, I often miss trying to find Shift-Fn-N. Is it possible to change the key combination to something simpler?

Jake

My Cosmo forgets the previous setting after each reboot. Does that happen to you as well?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 05:08:32 pm by Marc Laporte »

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 10:35:21 pm »
It's a sliding scale of brightness, no? So to turn it off, you have to slide it all the way to the left. Perhaps that's what the Cosmo is remembering.

Jake

zottel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 07:26:32 am »
The N is pretty easy to find once you've realized that its right edge is at the same position as the right edge of the space bar.

But still, there could be nicer key combinations, of course, especially ones where you don't have to hit three keys at the same time.