Author Topic: Sleep Consensus?  (Read 2327 times)

jakfish

• View Profile
Sleep Consensus?
« on: December 19, 2019, 02:37:23 pm »
If one leafs through the Cosmo threads, s/he can find references to the C's inability to sleep truly, or that the wifi doesn't shut off during sleep, etc.

Are the sleep issues a given now? Or it is a matter of an unjiggled handle?

I can find the complaint of a perpetually-on wifi in other phones running Pie and above, so that may not be a Cosmo issue. And I know the Gemini goes to sleep because I can see the wifi icon stir itself to activity in the status bar after opening the device.

Or is deep sleep even relevant in later Android versions, since developers are always tinkering with the standby?

Jake

PNuT

• View Profile
Sleep Consensus?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 10:28:42 pm »
I was probably the one who mentioned deep sleep, I checked Better Battery Stats on another device I have kicking around running android pie and it deep sleeps fairly sharpish....

On the CC within BBS I can only see Doze but even then it is not spending much time in that state!

Doze appears to cut apps whilst deep sleep cuts possessing power https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5621481...xist-in-android

Most of my power drain is listed as Awake (Screen off)

NormMonkey

• View Profile
Sleep Consensus?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 04:02:12 pm »
I cannot get built-in app power usage stats, and ended up installing GSam for battery monitoring.
I can confirm my device never sleeps.  It is always held awake.

adfh

• View Profile
Sleep Consensus?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 01:25:32 am »
Agreed that according to AccuBattery, it doesn't sleep!

These are the battery life stats it's reporting right now:
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Note: I tend to run with the cover display OFF
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 01:33:43 am by adfh »