Author Topic: Installing microG on stock Cosmo ROM  (Read 2271 times)

Noppe

• View Profile
Installing microG on stock Cosmo ROM
« on: January 31, 2020, 05:23:22 am »
I have successfully (so far at least) degoogled and gotten microG (open source Google Services replacement) working on the stock Cosmo ROM (V19).

Here is what I did:
  • Root via Magisk (there's another thread about this)
  • Install Titanium Backup Pro and use it to uninstall:
    • com.google.android.gms.policy_sidecap_aps, Drive, Google, Google Backup Transport, Google Contacts Sync, Google One Time Init, Google Partner Set Up, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Music, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, Google Text-to-Speech Engine, Google Play Services
  • Install EdXposed Magisk module (also requires Riru-Core module)
  • Install microG Installer Revived Magisk module
  • Install FakeGapps Xposed module to enable signature spoofing
That's it.  Seems to be working just fine so far, although I have not yet extensively tested.  YMMV, use at your own risk.  

Please note that it is not required to remove everything I listed above in order to get microG functional, and there are still some other bits of Google cruft I plan to expurgate in due time, but this is where I am right now.

Also note that this may interfere with OTA updates, or at the very least an OTA will reinstall the Google bits and may cause undesired results.  Again, use at your own risk.  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 06:16:03 am by Noppe »

Superfly

• View Profile
Re: Installing microG on stock Cosmo ROM
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:15:18 am »
Hello,

I found another thread regarding this topic.  Can you tell us if the experience was positive?

csenarew45

• View Profile
Re: Installing microG on stock Cosmo ROM
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 07:22:26 am »
I tried the same procedure but had to use debloater to degoogle. When I tried from titanium apks reappeared on reboot.
I’m having trouble getting FakeGapps to signature spoof from Magisk install.
I do have root.
Any ideas?
My goal is to keep the stock rom degoogled and replace google apps with alternatives.