Author Topic: Gemian DNS issues  (Read 1752 times)

gemini_user_j

• View Profile
Gemian DNS issues
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:46:49 am »
I have a raspberry pi on my local network, and I have a domain name pointing to it for accessing it from outside my home network

If I am on my local net, the domain name does not work, and I need to ssh to the local IP address.

To unify things, I created a DNSmasq on my local router
```
address/raspberrypi.domain.tld/192.168.X.Y
```

If I now ssh into the raspberry pi, from any other device than the gemini, it will be a success, as opposed to before I added this DNSmasq. The gemini still does not work.

I tried to compare different files from gemini, to a debian 10 machine, and found that
```
cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 8.8.8.8
```
on the gemini, where as the debian10 machine has the IP of my router.

Have I accidentally hardcoded googles DNS service somewhere, or did I miss a setting in connman?

will be happy if anyone from this community can help me figure out what I am doing wrong
Gemini PDA x27

mibry

• View Profile
Gemian DNS issues
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 02:44:22 pm »
Quote from: gemini_user_j
I have a raspberry pi on my local network, and I have a domain name pointing to it for accessing it from outside my home network

If I am on my local net, the domain name does not work, and I need to ssh to the local IP address.

To unify things, I created a DNSmasq on my local router
```
address/raspberrypi.domain.tld/192.168.X.Y
```

If I now ssh into the raspberry pi, from any other device than the gemini, it will be a success, as opposed to before I added this DNSmasq. The gemini still does not work.

I tried to compare different files from gemini, to a debian 10 machine, and found that
```
cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 8.8.8.8
```
on the gemini, where as the debian10 machine has the IP of my router.

Have I accidentally hardcoded googles DNS service somewhere, or did I miss a setting in connman?

will be happy if anyone from this community can help me figure out what I am doing wrong

Did you set a static IP address for wlan0?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:44:51 pm by mibry »