Author Topic: Just Received c860...Super!  (Read 2275 times)

bikerferg

• View Profile
Just Received c860...Super!
« on: April 25, 2004, 10:42:26 pm »
Bought a c860 via ebay (ryouma)...super deal...ordered it last Monday evening and it arrived today on Sunday...via U.S. Post.   Works great!.  Just had to read and think about what the downloaded instructions were saying to do.   Am able to transfer files to and from PC and sync with Outlook.  The unit it self is simple enough to figure out....this is going to be good.  Just on question if any one reads this...is there a way to brighten the display when off charger.  When charging it is very bright.  When on battery power, the display dims down and I would like it brighter.   I am sure I will have additional questions for the group.  Thanks again to yodabob, omicorn, and miami bob for there advice and support...Steve Ferguson

padishah_emperor

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 10:52:33 pm »
Good stuff, glad you like it.

Tap on the \'Settings\' tab, tap \'Light and Power\' you will see two sliders, one for the brightness on battery power, one for on external power. You can also select if you want the screen to auto-dim on battery power. To control the brightness on the fly, hold the blue [Fn] key down and press [1] or [2].

Ask as many questions as you like, enjoy! :-)
Left Linux and Linux PDAs... sorry, got boring.  Switched to Mac.

yodabob

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 12:24:58 am »
bikerferg !
I\'m glad you got the 860 !  You\'re gonna love that thang !  (and thanks for the kudos)

SharpEnd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 12:39:22 am »
Bought a c860 via ebay (ryouma)...super deal...ordered it last Monday evening and it arrived today on Sunday...via U.S. Post.   ...Steve Ferguson

Did you get hit with US Customs when it arrived?

Mike
SL-C860 w/Cacko 1.23
Pretec CF wi-fi

bikerferg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 06:30:43 pm »
No don\'t think so..it was all built into the price...I am sure it had to clear customs at JFK.  Bought it off ebay, paid about $35 dollars for shipping and handling...anyways its great...Steve