Author Topic: MicroG signature spoofing patch & GmsCore  (Read 4699 times)

irukandji

• View Profile
MicroG signature spoofing patch & GmsCore
« on: July 15, 2020, 09:41:05 am »
I am building a custom rom based on v23.

I have successfully deodexed and patched services.jar with haystack (https://github.com/Lanchon/haystack) but it looks like that replacing google gmscore with microg gmscore throws cosmo communicator into bootloop.

Is anyone having any expirience haystack patch (i have decompiled the patch and the changes seem fine to me), microg or knows how to logcat booting on cosmo/android9?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:41:31 am by irukandji »

idc

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 03:47:25 pm »
I'm sorry to say I have no experience of this with which I could help you, but I am interested in your results (and those of others). I would love to have a phone that removed google from the equation. (Sailfish has done that very well for me with the Gemini, but isn't yet ready for the Cosmo; and a working non-Google android would be interesting in its own right.)
Do please let us know how you get on. And I hope others on this forum are able to help you.

irukandji

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 02:05:00 pm »
I am trying, I have cosmo from first batch and I have never put sim card, it is not acceptable as long as google is on phone. So either I will figure it out, linux/sailfish alternative will come out or I will sell cosmo and buy something else.

irukandji

• View Profile
Re: MicroG signature spoofing patch & GmsCore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 06:33:21 am »
Just an info, I got feedback from haystack author and I think I got the culprit... will try to create new rom over the weekend.

irukandji

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 04:29:01 am »
And failed.

Looks like the problem is in deodexing, once it is done, the device goes into bootloop =/

kaim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 09:48:26 am »
I am glad that I was busy and postponed the deodex'ing my Cosmo... Is the bootloop occures on both stock and rooted firmware, or one of theme?

I am also very interested in deGoogify the OS as far as it let us to...

irukandji

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 09:48:58 am »
I am glad that I was busy and postponed the deodex'ing my Cosmo... Is the bootloop occures on both stock and rooted firmware, or one of theme?

I am also very interested in deGoogify the OS as far as it let us to...

It doesnt matter if it is rooted or not, immediately when it is deodexed, it goes into bootloop =/ I wasnt able to find any way how to fix this :(

It would be nice if planet pc would release non deodexed version :(

Superfly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 07:15:26 am »
Hello,

Was there any luck getting the deodexed working? 

irukandji

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 04:01:34 pm »
Actually RIGHT now, I have figured out, why I get into bootloop... damn selinux :@ Like it is not enough manace on normal linux distributions, they included it into android.

Currently I am not aware how to disable it (on linux it is simple, on android it looks like it is done build time and enforced by default on post 4.x versions) , but I am digging trough...
services.jar is deodexed and properly patched, I have decompiled the patched code and it seems legit.

Looks like there are following options:
- one is boot.img and disabling selinux by rebuilding kernel, this is the most annoying part, I am reluctant to touch boot.img
- creating a new rule for services.jar (prefered option, I want it running due to potential that applications are checking for it)
- find some other way to disable it

If anyone knows anything about selinux on android, some help would be appreciated (just consider, that I am not running the rom - I have system.img mounted on linux and doing changes there)... I will eventually figure it out but any shortcut is welcome
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 01:59:24 am by irukandji »

irukandji

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 02:51:05 am »
I have just "fixed" android kernel sources, if this tutorial works (https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?topic=36338.0), I will have a solution in a day or two - kids, wife, job doesnt really help in that  ;D