Author Topic: Still can't get the cover display operating - off symbol shows...  (Read 5284 times)

declan

• View Profile
I've finally managed to get firmware and resource image both flashed successfully. CoDi now shows V16.
    Used the DND and Airplane mode. Restarted handset after flashes succeeded.
Main screen shows green dot and beside that - Cover Display Operational.

I still have the CoDi off symbol on the front screen (and unlike the Version 13 mine came pre-installed with), when I try "Advanced" and "Start Cover Communication" it shows "Starting cover communication" but nothing comes up on the outside cover - even the 'CoDi off' image goes away until I exit out of the Cover Display Assistant program on the main screen. Once that's done, the CoDi off symbol returns on outside screen. (V13 would start the cover communication immediately).

Is there something I've missed or done wrong?
Everything is looking ok except not having the external screen.
I'm wondering if there is a keyboard combination of keys which might switch on the outside screen?
Many thanks if anyone can assist please.

gymbo

• View Profile
Re: Still can't get the cover display operating - off symbol shows...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 09:30:36 am »
Have you tried to toggle the settings for cover display under Setting->Cosmo Settings off and then on again? (Like I also suggested to you in another thread. If you HAVE done that as well, I apologize, but you have only referenced what you have done in "Cover Display Assistant", and nothing from settings, so it is kind of likely that you have NOT tried anything there...) There are three different toggles for things related to cover display under "Cosmo Settings"...

Dom (shymega)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 12:20:31 pm »
It's not an 'OFF' symbol, it means the flash is corrupted. I think you should contact Planet. I had hoped the flash images I provided you would work.

declan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 06:53:13 pm »
I've previously tried the settings/cosmo/and turning that on and off. I've done the clear cache and clear storage which Planet suggested doing.
I got the firmware links from the Planet site. When they didn't work, Planet sent me the settings link and said there was probably something not correct in the link. Neither of those worked, which is when I reached out on FB and got the settings from Dom.

It's got V16 and has told me that flashing is successful and resources flashed also.
It keeps telling me there is a CoDi update available and to tap to update
I do that. It shows that 'download successful' but when I touch 'update now' it says 'download error'
I've followed closely the instructions to DND off and airplane mode once flashed and restarting.

It keeps telling me 'Cover Display Operational' but won't 'start cover communication' - just sits there looking dormant.
Same happens if I try the 'reset cover display.

Then when I think everything is going to work, and it tells me codi is up to date, even though it tells me download successful, then error downloading, I can't work it out.
It's telling me I have V16. OS is V25.
But when I think everything's ready to roll, it tells me in red with a triangle in place of the 'cover display operational' that failed to communicate with cover display, or similar words.

I've tried everything short of asking it out to dinner, and asking what it's problem is!
Damn thing! Everything else is fine, and with it being a separate system to android, I haven't attempted a second factory reset. I did this earlier in the peace and no change.

I feel bad for putting you guys through this. I'm savvy enough to problem-solve and work things logically and from different approaches but this thing is rapidly testing my patience.

I'd rather my V13 back which was perfectly functional.  :(

declan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 07:15:53 pm »
Cover display assistant shows now after trying the update available and doing the download successfully -

Flashing firmware image
Error updating cover display!
Flashing firmware image
Error updating cover display!!Correct resource image already flashed
Flashing firmware image
Error updating cover display!
[continues this a few more times, less the resource image already flashed].
Firmware flashed successfully
Resetting cover display...
Your current CODI version is V1.1.1.16

Cover display operational with the green dot appears at the top of screen.
Nothing showing on outside screen.
Should I touch 'QUIT' before restarting handset or just restart?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:40:33 am by declan »

declan

• View Profile
CoDi screen - Update, but still need some advice.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 01:03:20 am »
Hi all,

My Cosmo is showing a green dot "Cover Display Operational".
The Android version is V25.
The current cover display version is V1.1.1.16.
It tells me that everything is okay.
Both files flashed successfully on the CoDi update.

*** When I try "Start Cover Communication" it says, "Cover Display Not Responding." ***

I switched device off and restarted after the updates were flashed.
It showed it was doing an MD5 check, and that came up MD5 OK.
I did the flash with the DND and aircraft mode.
The cover display still shows the symbol with the line through it.
Nothing seems to be getting my outside screen displaying.

I've tried turning the cover display off from the drop down notifications panel from the home screen, and also tried in the Cosmo Settings part of Settings main menu.

It tells me there is a new version available. I touch the "Update now". The drop down notifications shows "Download successful" but when I go back to the assistant screen it says "Download error. Please try again later.

I've tried under the advanced menu:
"Reset Cover Display". Nothing happens. Still the CoDi symbol on outside screen with the lines through it.
When CoDi was operating, if I selected "Stop Cover Communication" it would respond immediately; likewise "Start Cover Communication".
When I select "Start Cover Communication" it sits showing that on the screen until I touch "Quit."

Obviously the cover screen isn't communicating, hence the symbol on it.
So, I've got the latest Firmware and Resource stem and both are telling me they flashed successfully and "Flashing Successful".

Surely there has to be some reason why this cover display refuses to come "on-line".
What could be causing the "Cover Display not Responding" message on Cover Display Assistant?

If anyone has anything which will help get this damn outside screen on again I will be most grateful. Maybe there's something via the keyboard?
I've done everything I can think of.
Cosmo is fully operable in all other aspects, including red and green call buttons/lights on outside cover and notification lights.

Dom (shymega)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 01:59:44 pm »
Try flashing .13 again.

See attached firmware files.

You could try flashing from Linux. I'm working on a new CoDi interface daemon to run on all ROMs, including Android. It will queue up messages to CoDi, so updates can be smoother.

Give the firmware files a go, and if that doesn't work, we can proceed from there. I want to rule out any bugs with the latest CoDi.