Author Topic: A Red State error ..repair help wanted.. BH or DEFcon  (Read 8033 times)

soCket23

• View Profile
A Red State error ..repair help wanted.. BH or DEFcon
« on: July 08, 2022, 03:17:16 am »
I have TWRP installed. Linux v4 and Android v25 with rooted partition. I used Magisk to install modules for Kali NetHunter. What I did not do, was to allow booting of unsigned images. I’ve tried playing with MTK WWR software, scatter files, SP flash tool, etc. and so on.

I realized I just need a way to flip that unsigned images verification switch. Can anyone help? I’m really interested in this side of the game. I’m willing to buy hardware if I need, Medusa, Octoplus, Z3X whatever. If someone can just give me a lead on how to figure this out I would appreciate it very much.

The one thing I do not want to do is send my phone to London again. The last time I did that it ended up at the wrong office address and was LOST IN THE UK POSTAL SYSTEM FOR 8 MONTHS!!, still had to pay 100€ and barely got it back. I love experimenting with images and OS builds. And I do not trust the UK post offices to send it back, and understandably will never try to again. So please please please, if you’re reading this and you’re one of the engineers that works for Planet Computers, or in the cell phone industry in general and you can help please let me know!! I work in cyber security and I find this side of the industry absolutely fascinating and fundamental. I’d be willing to make it worth your time to help. I’ll be at BlackHat and DEFcon this year. So I’d be happy to meet up there also. Message me, please.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 03:55:05 am by soCket23 »

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A Red State error ..repair help wanted.. BH or DEFcon
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 04:33:53 am »
Sorry to hear about your issues, I hope someone will be able to help with that.
I have deleted the other thread you opened as it was a duplicated of this one.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

soCket23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 07:48:42 am »
where can I get the unedited scatterfile with all the image addresses listed? so I could flash a 100% fresh device.

innerfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 09:37:28 am »
Hey man, can you boot on android mode?

you need to get to android mode then you need to enable developer mode on the device.
scroll down and you will find OEM unlocking click to enable.
Restart the device and chose fastboot mode.
on Linux or windows, you need to download platform-tools from here: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
Use command: fastboot devices - to check if the device is online.
Then use the command: fastboot flashing unlock
Then you need to click volume up to agree and android will be hard reset!
Ok now you can use unsigned images.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:49:04 am by innerfrost »

ltuzinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 12:15:21 pm »
The device is dead and does not respond to anything