Author Topic: Multisync dependency problems on RH9  (Read 1194 times)

tawalker

• View Profile
    • http://
Multisync dependency problems on RH9
« on: May 13, 2004, 10:16:37 am »
Warning: this one gets rather \"involved\"... :roll:

I have a Sharp Zaurus SL5500 handheld running OpenZaurus 3.3.5, and want to sync it/back it up with my RH9 PC (syncing with Evolution for the PIM apps on the Zaurus). The good news is that it looks like I can use Multisync for all of this (judging by the Multisync Web site).

One problem: I\'m a bit confused over which version to use, as they\'ve forked Multisync into GNOME1 and GNOME2 versions. The confusion comes about because the developers say you should use the GNOME1 version if you\'re using Evolution 1.2.x, and the GNOME2 version for Evolution 1.4.x. All well and good, except I\'m using Evolution 1.2.x, and GNOME 2.2. :?

I\'d upgrade Evolution to 1.4.x, except I haven\'t found a suitable RPM for RH9. (freshrpms.net only goes up to 1.2.x for RH9, and the Fedora Core 1 RPM seems to require GNOME 2.4.)

Anyway, so far I\'ve successfully installed the Multisync 0.80 GNOME1 RPMs for Multisync itself, and the backup and Opie plugins. The Evolution plugin won\'t install, though, telling me it needs \"libgal.so.23\" (I hate failed dependencies...). Synaptic tells me I have libgal21 installed, but can\'t find a libgal23 package for RH9. Catch 22...

Oh, and when I start Multisync at this point in time, it segfaults on me  

Can anyone advise, particularly on the \"libgal.so.23\" issue (i.e. how can I install this)?

Many thanks,
Tim
---
Tim Walker - UK
Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 - OZ 3.3.5
"A.N.Other" 128Mb MMC - Buffalo CF WiFi
---