Author Topic: about network connection, help!  (Read 1888 times)

JohnBull

• View Profile
about network connection, help!
« on: May 30, 2004, 04:35:41 am »
the internal Email program doesn\'t eat my network connection.
I can connect my zaurus to my Linux host with a USB cable, and got IP connections.
I can run ssh/lynx/wget..... in a terminal now. But all of those idiot internal programs (NF browser/Email...) reports that they need a Internet connection!!
Shit! how can i solve it? Any body give me a hand please!

Stubear

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 07:43:02 pm »
The usb network isn\'t seen as a network by the qtopia apps.

To get them to work you have 2 choices - tell Qtopia that the network is up by qcop message
or install dummydev - an ipk that fools the Z into thinking that you are connected.

Stu

P.S. if you had have spent a few minutes searching you would have found the answer without having to wait
SL-C1000, Hand converted to English with Japanese Input
Running X apps via X/Qt
iRiver USB host cable; Diatec P-Cord usb power cable (extendable); Acro's Reel Cable USB (A to A, B, Mini-B,  & Mini-B 8pin); GreenHouse 1Gb PicoDrive+; 2x256Mb Hagiwara SD cards; 128Mb Transcend CF card; 512Mb PQI CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 11B WLAN card

JohnBull

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 12:25:47 am »
The usb network isn\'t seen as a network by the qtopia apps.

To get them to work you have 2 choices - tell Qtopia that the network is up by qcop message  
or install dummydev - an ipk that fools the Z into thinking that you are connected.

Stu

P.S. if you had have spent a few minutes searching you would have found the answer without having to wait

Thank you!
I\'ll try them!

ferdinauta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 10:52:27 am »
I still can't use email with my zaurus connected to usb. I can ping, vnc, install from the feed, but Netfront and email reports the error: not connected.

if i use the  qcop QPE/Network "up()"  I can use NetFront but not email client.

I tryied to install dummydev but I don't know how it works. Once installed I have to configure something?
If I launch email/netfront, they ask for connecting, and i'm asked for a device to use, I select dummydev, but it appears a dialog with the string: Initializing, and that's all. Netfront/email hangs with that dialgo in front and I can do anything.

Thanks.

The usb network isn't seen as a network by the qtopia apps.

Stu

Thank you!
I'll try them!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=29220\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]