Author Topic: JP -> ENG Translator  (Read 1612 times)

mystkrhmystkrh

• View Profile
JP -> ENG Translator
« on: September 06, 2004, 10:39:33 am »
Are there any translators for the Z ( i just picked up a 860 to replace my 5500 that i'de had for years) That translate from English to Japanesse but in normal letters? ie.... thank you -> Domo arigato ? Where i need the translations i can not input the symbols. Thanx again in advance!

PS i did do a search but i didnt find what i was looking for and if i did miss it just link and i am sorry >.<

Stubear

• View Profile
    • http://
JP -> ENG Translator
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 05:44:53 pm »
If you mean can the translator show romanji (Letters found on keyboard) rather than Japanese (kanji ,hiragana and katakana) then the answer is NO.

Remember that the C860 is designed for nihonjin not gaijin .

If you want to learn Japanese then DO NOT learn through romanji - it will seriously hold you back! Learn hiragana and katankan - there are only 50 of them each - you will not regret it.

To enter Japanese from the keyboard, make sure you are in Japanese mode - hit the Japanese key closest to the space bar. The A next to the speaker icon should change to a sguiggly character (Japanese A).

Then type the word - domo as D O M O (after every 2nd letter it should change to hiragana) to change to kanji hit space - it will become kanji, hit space again to get other kanji with the same sound.

Hope this helps

Stu
SL-C1000, Hand converted to English with Japanese Input
Running X apps via X/Qt
iRiver USB host cable; Diatec P-Cord usb power cable (extendable); Acro's Reel Cable USB (A to A, B, Mini-B,  & Mini-B 8pin); GreenHouse 1Gb PicoDrive+; 2x256Mb Hagiwara SD cards; 128Mb Transcend CF card; 512Mb PQI CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 11B WLAN card

mystkrhmystkrh

• View Profile
JP -> ENG Translator
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 05:12:03 pm »
I do want to learn hiragana and katankan (and i am working on it), but my current application in which i need the translations for i can only input romaji. I was really homping i would be able to do this with my Z but the more i look it doesn't seem to exist >.<

maybe there is another program not for a z, or a website you might know of to do this?

thanx again
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 05:13:21 pm by mystkrhmystkrh »

acpkendo

• View Profile
    • http://
JP -> ENG Translator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 11:39:14 am »
Check out the bi-directional dictionaries from Beiks:

http://www.beiks.com/zaurus/showprod.asp?ProdID=347

They are romanized. . .  I'd also recommend the excellent ZBedic for when you get comfortable with Japanese characters.

OT, does anyone know if there is a nice ipk of the Japanese handwriting recognition from the Japanese models (B400 I believe is the counterpart to the US 5500)?