Author Topic: Anyone got .OGG/MP3 playing on OZ3.5.1?  (Read 6332 times)

ironstorm

• View Profile
    • http://
Anyone got .OGG/MP3 playing on OZ3.5.1?
« on: October 01, 2004, 01:16:20 am »
I installed mediaplayer2, but it does not find media files (a bug regression it seems) and when I do select any audio file to play it immediately segfaults...

Anyone got a working ogg/mp3 player working on 3.5.1?

Cheers,

-G

tobias

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 02:00:06 am »
yes, xmms-embedded works fine for me

aereinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 01:07:56 am »
I tried xmms-embeddedd from the oz feed and xmms loads but i cant add any files to the playlists....dont know if I am missing a lib or what....but it seems like nothing wants to install correctly for me at all.

tobias

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 01:41:20 am »
In the beginning, I had this as well, but it dissappeared. I Just don't know why, because i was palying aroung quite a lot, so maybe it was an ipkg-link mount /mnt/card, an opie restart, or maybe even a rebot. All i know, after some days of playing wth the Z, it worked ;-)

aereinha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 01:59:00 am »
well there have been alot of reboots and restarts but ill try it again...its the main thing to get working...

adf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 02:47:56 am »
Xmms from the feed works great on my 5600. ANyone manage mplayer??
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

Eddy Da KillaBee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 11:28:30 pm »
Okay, just HOW are you guys getting these programs installed?! Everything I try to install whines about a missing package: tslib. This is while I'm in Opie; I've yet to try it out in GPE because I don't like the package manager in GPE, nor do I like the notion of having to log in as root all the time... thanks in advance guys.

aereinha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 01:00:58 am »
i tried the package managers for opie and they kindof are buggy...so i use the command line and to install xmms you do:
ipkg -d ram install xmms-embedded
then you have to link the files so you need to do:
ipkg-link add xmms-embedded
and also any other dependencies that it installed with it.  Thats how I got any package working.

Eddy Da KillaBee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 10:07:51 pm »
i tried the package managers for opie and they kindof are buggy...so i use the command line and to install xmms you do:
ipkg -d ram install xmms-embedded
aereinha, thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. (And in case someone here doesn't know, the -d option allows you to specify a destination and therefore isn't necessary if ipkg is already configured!)

It still whined at me for that bloody dependency. Here's what I get:
Code: [Select]
ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for xmms-embedded:
tslib(>= 0.0cvs20040915)
An error ocurred, return value: 1.
...if only someone like MickeyL would be able to help me... isn't he one of the head guys in OpenZaurus/OpenEmbedded? He'd know what's going on, right?

This is on my Zaurus 5500, and happens with both GPE and Opie images.  Thanks guys...

aereinha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 10:21:53 pm »
well sorry that didnt work.....tslib is in the oz feed so maybe installing the lib first, then trying to install xmms will work...dont know if you already tried it but its worth a shot

Eddy Da KillaBee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 10:50:09 pm »
Well, I went to http://openzaurus.org/official/unstable/3.5.1/feed/ and did a search for tslib and didn't find it... is it under some other name?

aereinha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 12:13:03 am »
well its not there but i have it as a package if i open the package manager and look at the list.  so i dont know if it was removed or what
sorry

Eddy Da KillaBee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 12:19:44 am »
Well, aereinha... you might've been right from the start... go here, http://openzaurus.org/official/unstable/3.5.1/sl5600/apps/, and do a search for tslib. What do we see? The version of tslib that I needed!

I'm gonna try to install this, but why is this under the sl5600 directory if my sl5500 needs it? Anyone care to take a jab at this?  

Update: Yep, looks like installing tslib from there got me out of that rut... now if only the applications I installed would show up in the menus and stuff! I have GAIM, xmms-embedded, and opie-mediaplayer2 installed and can't find any of them and/or get them to run!

Yet Another Update: I'm using the 64-0 image since I have a 256MB SD card to use. I noticed, however, that I had 2040KB free in Root. When I installed xmms-embedded onto the SD Card, I 1)couldn't run XMMS and 2) never got shortcuts installed. Removed it, put it on root and BAM! There it is... except for the fact that it doesn't run. I'm stumped...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 01:25:23 am by Eddy Da KillaBee »

ag0ny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 04:31:19 am »
I have to suspend the Z and then bring it back up before the icons are shown.

But if you successfully installed xmms you could also run it from the console by typing "xmms".

Eddy Da KillaBee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 02:34:39 pm »
Well, I got xmms-embedded working, although I wished that opie-mediaplayer2 would work instead. It has bigger buttons on the screen, meaning it'd be easier for me to hit the buttons Next and Previous while I'm driving.  Whatever, at least xmms works! Me = happy!