Author Topic: Bluetooth On The Sl-3000?  (Read 77844 times)

tumnus

• View Profile
    • http://www.cpinkney.org.uk
Bluetooth On The Sl-3000?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 12:19:37 pm »
Ok thanks everyone. I'm gonna have to try with an unpatched kernel and hope the latest BlueZ utilities work with it. Won't take long...
# Search the Zaurus Howtos ## Search the Zaurus FAQs ## Find Z software at ELSI #
--------------------
UK SL5500 with Sharp ROM 3.13, SL5600 with Sharp ROM 1.32 - SuSE 9.0 Pro, Windows XP Home
Qualendar for Calendar and Todo
Socket Bluetooth CF Card (Rev F), Kingmax 512MB MMC Card, Palm Tungsten T Stylus,
Pretec CF->Smartmedia Adapter, Semsons Universal Battery Extender

tumnus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 12:44:47 pm »
So it's going to take a bit longer. The unpatched kernel seems to be missing the rfcomm stuff, which is pretty crucial to dial up.

This is where I wish I had a SL-3000 for testing....
# Search the Zaurus Howtos ## Search the Zaurus FAQs ## Find Z software at ELSI #
--------------------
UK SL5500 with Sharp ROM 3.13, SL5600 with Sharp ROM 1.32 - SuSE 9.0 Pro, Windows XP Home
Socket Bluetooth CF Card (Rev F), Kingmax 512MB MMC Card, Palm Tungsten T Stylus,

Stilgar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 06:57:03 pm »
No luck with those modules - but keep up the good work!
Indeed the kernel seems unpatched.

Bombur

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 10:41:57 pm »
Bakkeo,

your mods to cwaig's IRK   package sound great.  Perchance have you posted your mods anywhere?

I want to trade my IR keyboard for a BT version.

Regards,

J.
Nokia N800 (Intec Gameboy Advance Case)
SL-C3000 Sharp ROM
Socket CF BT card
Socket BT Serial Adapter
SMC CF Wifi  2642W
Socket CF Ethernet (RJ45)
Sharp Camera (CE-AG06)
GoldX 5 in 1 USB cable kit (GXQU-06)
Socket IO USB-Serial Cable
Krusell Horizontic Premium Case
Qualendar
tkc Applications

bakkeo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 05:10:19 am »
Bombur

The ipk is here:
  http://www.geocities.jp/bakkeo2004/irk-zau....1f_arm.ipk.bin
This modified package supports some IR keyboards and HP's bluetooth foldable keyboard.
  http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/hp...yboard-en.shtml
HP's bluetooth foldable keyboard has Bluetooth serial port profile (SPP)(like cellular phones and GPS receivers),  
so I have merely added a combo-box menu for the /dev/rfcomm port to the IRK package to communicate with the keyboard.
Be careful that the HID-profile type bluetooth keyboard, like Thinkoutside's product, doesn't work with this driver.

To use HP's keyboard, configure the "/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf" file, and choose "HPfoldableBT" and "Bluetooth(rfcommX)"
menus at the comboboxes in IRK settings dialogue.
If you use this package
  bluez-zaurus_2.3-2.4.18d_arm.ipk
set the PIN number to "0000" in "/etc/bluetooth/givepin" and "/etc/bluetooth/pin" files.
Press the pairing button of the keyboard first, and then click the "on" radio-button on the IRK controlbar.
The pairing process will start.
Sometimes deleting the "/etc/bluetooth/link_key" file may be needed, if pairing could not be made.
After the LED on the keyboard turns off, you can type a word without taking care of the direction nor level of the IR port.

tumnus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 05:25:34 pm »
Ok, here is alpha 2 of the ipk for the SL-3000 BlueZ. Please make sure the previous version, if you tried it, has been uninstalled cleanly before testing this. Thanks.

I have hopefully resolved the kernel version mismatch (well, hacked it   ). I'm not sure why there were unrecognised symbols in the bnep module. The bnep module handles PAN connections, so that may still be broken, but rfcomm (which handles serial/dialup connections) may be working now so connecting to a phone might be possible with this package.

P.S. The Bluetooth mods to IRK are cool, but since it is not SL-3000 specific, it probably belongs in its own thread. Cwaig himself said he was going to have a look at this. Putting it in the Accessories forum will get it more exposure too.

Again, the ipk filename should be 'bluez-zaurus_2.12-2.4.20-alpha2_arm.ipk' but some of the dashes may get turned to underscores with this upload.

EDIT: Look further down this thread for alpha3 of this ipk.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 07:59:06 pm by tumnus »
--------------------

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 02:05:52 am »
woo , thx, i will try it soon,

Good Job!!

Zuber

• View Profile
    • http://www.shirtpocket.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2004, 04:15:13 am »
Thanks,

Big backlog of emails, voicemails and orders to clear through. But will try in the next few days...
Zuber
ShirtPocket Ltd.
www.shirtpocket.co.uk

Yan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 07:17:09 am »
Wel, I am able to connect to my Motorola V600 this time with alpha2

I follow the HOW TO steps
and ignored all the error and reboot

Here is the log from the installation:

Code: [Select]
Configuring bluez...depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/bnep/.bnep.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/bnep/.core.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/bnep/.crc32.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/bnep/.depend is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/bnep/.netdev.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/bnep/.sock.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/.core.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/.crc.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/.depend is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/.rfcomm.o.flags is
not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/.sock.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/rfcomm/.tty.o.flags is not an ELF file
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/bluetooth/bnep/bnep.o
Starting Bluetooth... Done.
ioctl(): Device or resource busy
ioctl(): Device or resource busy
Done.                  

Code: [Select]
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/bluetooth restart
Shutting down Bluetooth... Done.
Starting Bluetooth... Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.20/modules.dep
Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.20/modules.depsyntax error line 15
Done.

This time hciconfig show my card info, and sdptool show my motorola phone
I could pair with it without any problem

But I still have problem with the internet access, but maybe just because the t-mobile APN configuration.

Hope this help
and thanks for your hard work
Zaurus SL-C3000 (Kernel 2.4.20 v17f) - Debian X/Qt
Socket Bluetooth CF Card (Rev H), Symbol Spectrum24 WLAN Card
Lexar 1GB (32x) SD, SanDisk Ultra II 512MB CF

tumnus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 07:41:29 am »
Oops. Didn't noticed I had copied those files into the package. They shouldn't affect anything though. That bnep module is still causing problems, but it looks like all the other modules loaded ok.

Yan, if you run the following command you will be able to see if it is connecting to your phone:

pppd call BT-GPRS -detach debug

where BT-GPRS is the name of the PPP peers script that should connect to your phone. If you see a line containing someting like "/dev/rfcomm1 <--> ppp0" in the output, then the Bluetooth connection to your phone is probably working fine.

Thanks for testing.
--------------------

ChrisZ

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 12:41:50 pm »
 Yeah. Bluetooth works. That's really great, thanx a lot.

Some remarks:

Bluetooth network applet: The network applet doesn't work correctly. If e. g. opera or qtmail wants to initiate a new connection everything is fine. But if you try to use the applet from the taskbar, the bluetooth connection isn't shown and you cannot connect. I seems that something about the applet has changed. Ad-hoc-solution: Create an irda-connection as described here: http://www.zaurususergroup.com/modules.php...ename=Bluetooth

Suspend-resume: After a suspend-resume cycle, bluetooth will not work any more. The suspend-resume packages don't work. Ad-hoc-solution: Eject and reinsert the bluetooth card. I wrote the following script to do so:

#! /bin/sh
     cardctl eject
     cardctl insert
     sleep 5

I linked the script into the Settings-tab and after a resume I can reset the bluetooth-card manually by starting the script and without physically ejecting and reinserting it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 12:42:49 pm by ChrisZ »
SL-C3000 with Sharp ROM 1.11 JP and Testu kernel 18a
Socket Bluetooth CF Card (Rev F), Asus WL-110 WLAN Card, 4GB CF inside

bakkeo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2004, 12:49:30 pm »
tumnus,
Oh, sorry....  I will make a new thread.

Your new package works fine with my SL-C3000 + LinkEvolution Bluetooth CF card (LSE039).
It's very nice, thanks!

tumnus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2004, 01:29:38 pm »
Neato. At least dialup is working then  . Don't know what is going on with the PAN module. I'm away over Christmas and New Years so I don't think I'll be able to fix it until January. (I may get some time to work on the Bluetooth GUI though on my 5600)

I'm guessing the Network applet doesn't show up because the way a BT card is seen has changed with the latest BlueZ utilities and libraries. Maslovsky wrote those so I might speak with him about upgrading everything to the latest BlueZ stuff.

As for the suspend/resume stuff, I don't know why it isn't working. It doesn't work at all? Did you install the sudo package? Does the file /usr/local/bin/apm exist on the 3000? Sudo and the apm binary being in that directory are about the only dependencies of the suspend/resume stuff.
--------------------

maslovsky

• View Profile
    • http://my-zaurus.narod.ru
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2004, 03:27:30 pm »
I'm guessing the Network applet doesn't show up because the way a BT card is seen has changed with the latest BlueZ utilities and libraries. Maslovsky wrote those so I might speak with him about upgrading everything to the latest BlueZ stuff.

Actualy bluetooth applets work fine with the latest bluez drivers, libs and utilities - I got them all on Cacko 1.22.

BTW, it's great to hear that we might finaly see bluez GUI completed

tumnus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2004, 03:33:01 pm »
Did you have to change anything for the latest stuff?
--------------------