Author Topic: Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released  (Read 2611 times)

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« on: December 12, 2004, 11:14:01 am »
zbedic 0.9.3-1 can be downloaded from link

Report bugs at the SorceForge project page.

The major changes in 0.9.3 releases:

* Faster startup time
File system is no longer searched at each startup and integrity of dictionary files is checked only when adding a new dictionary. It is now possible to select "Fast load" option for zbedic.

* Improved browsing of complex dictionaries
Wikipedia can be easily browsed using back/forward navigation and large articles can be scrolled using cursor keys.

* New tools: "switch to previous dictionary" "look up selection"
"switch to previous dictionary" toggles between two most recently used dictionaries. "look up selection" looks up the word slected in the description.

* Simplified installation of new dictionaries
Dictionary files can be placed anywhere in the visible file system. They can be later "activated" or "deactivated" in the settings dialog.

* Revamped settings dialog
Because of many new options, several tabs had to be created.

* Many bug fixes
Upgrade from 0.9.3-0 recommended.
SL-C1000 w/ Cacko ROM 1.23

ShiroiKuma

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 12:08:23 pm »
Would it be possible to be able to specify the path to zbedic's dictionaries like zbedic used to have.

I have a 1GB CF and hit the Search for dictionaries button 20 minutes ago, it's still going. Ocasionally I hear the CF work but most of the 20 minutes it's been quiet and still no dics found, this is really strange...
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Das ganze tschechische Volk ist eine Simulantenbande.[/font][/span]
Militäroberarzt Bautze

ShiroiKuma

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 12:31:00 pm »
Either I'm doing something wrong or there's a problem with this version.

After 40 minutes of searching for new dics on my CF I gave up and rebooted.

Copied one small dic to /home/zaurus took the CF out, so it wouldn't search it.

Then started up zbedic and hit the Search for dictionaries button. It's been going now for 10 minutes with nothing.

Where's the problem?
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Das ganze tschechische Volk ist eine Simulantenbande.[/font][/span]
Militäroberarzt Bautze

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 08:55:56 am »
Either I'm doing something wrong or there's a problem with this version.

After 40 minutes of searching for new dics on my CF I gave up and rebooted.

Copied one small dic to /home/zaurus took the CF out, so it wouldn't search it.

Then started up zbedic and hit the Search for dictionaries button. It's been going now for 10 minutes with nothing.

Where's the problem?
There must be something wrong. However nothing fancy is done in zbedic code, so it's hard to make a bug there.

What version of ROM do you have installed? What text is displayed when you wait those several minutes: "Searching for dictionaries" of "Checking integrity"? Could you try zbedic  0.9.2-3 - it may have the same problem, but at startup.

scheck.r

• View Profile
    • http://
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 07:46:09 am »
Hi,

This release is a major improvement compared to 0.9.3-0 in terms of speed and functionalities.

Great job, thanks

SL-6000L
SHARP ROM
SL-C1000 from PriceJapan(cheap and very fast shipping) with EA-70 power adapter, iRiver USB Host cable, PDAIR case, pentopia stylus, ultra clear screen-protector from shop.brando.com.hk only $3 for shipping worldwide
4GB Hitachi Microdrive, 1GB Kingston Elite Pro CF, 4GB Transcend 150x SD, Symbol Spectrum 4137 CF WiFi(low power)
PdaXrom pdaxii13 5.4.9 updated with Kkazakov13's feed. I owned a SL-6000L before

g333

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005, 12:43:46 am »
Is there a way to add txt file support to the dictionary? I'm starting to like this dictionary more and more. Especially the focus button (instead of pressing tab 3 times)
SL-C3000, Sharp ROM 1.11 JP, AirEdge AH-S405C...

xjqian

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 12:03:57 am »
First of all 6K still can't recognize the ipk in the add/remove

Then I used the console ipkg install
Code: [Select]
> su
> /opt/QtPalmtop/bin/ipkg install zbedic_0.9.3-1_arm.ipk

got the following error message
Code: [Select]
ipkg_depends: Warning: qpe-base mentioned in dependency but no package found in /usr/lib/ipkg/lists

zcat: zbedic_0.9.3-1_arm.ipk: not in gzip format

zcat: stdin: unexpected end of file
ipkg_install_file: ERROR unpacking control.tar.gz from the zbedic_0.9.3-1_arm.ipk

It's the same problem as with the orignial 90K zbedic_0.9.3-0. The new 77K zbedic_0.9.3-0 works perfectly. I suspect the 0.9.3-1 is derived from the orginal one by looking at the size.

Thanks rafm for making an already good application greater.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 12:12:48 am by xjqian »
My Blog | 6000L Tosa + sled | is: Angstrom | was: pdaXrom 1.1.0beta1 | was: stock 1.12 rom + no-ffpe fash kernel + X/Qt Debian |
CF GPS (FGPCFCD01) | USB "Prolific 2303" GPS (USB-UG-200) | Socket CF BT rev. H |  USB "Pegasus II" Ethernet (ADM8511) | PocketTop IR kbd | sip:527630@fwd.pulver.com
Todo: OESF wiki | stable VOIP app | usable GPS app |      Wishlist: VOIP + Bluetooth | GPS + Routing Calc

rafm

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 03:53:57 am »
zcat: zbedic_0.9.3-1_arm.ipk: not in gzip format
I suspect that you have downloaded incomplete / corrupted ipk package. I've checked "zbedic_0.9.3-1_arm.ipk" from link and the archive can be unpacked with zcat / gunzip without any problems. The downloaded file shoud have exactly 84580 bytes.

I have heard that some browsers may cause problems when downloading ipk files. Mozilla works fine for me.

xjqian

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 04:27:29 am »
Thanks for the pointer. Actually, the Atlantic, North America mirror site gave me the wrong package, which is 90k. Downloaded from another site solved the problem.
My Blog | 6000L Tosa + sled | is: Angstrom | was: pdaXrom 1.1.0beta1 | was: stock 1.12 rom + no-ffpe fash kernel + X/Qt Debian |
CF GPS (FGPCFCD01) | USB "Prolific 2303" GPS (USB-UG-200) | Socket CF BT rev. H |  USB "Pegasus II" Ethernet (ADM8511) | PocketTop IR kbd | sip:527630@fwd.pulver.com
Todo: OESF wiki | stable VOIP app | usable GPS app |      Wishlist: VOIP + Bluetooth | GPS + Routing Calc

freizugheit

• View Profile
Zbedic 0.9.3-1 Released
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 10:49:14 am »
For Mac users, avoid using Safari to download ipk files.