Author Topic: Kathrin RC8 Is Out..  (Read 32724 times)

Chero

• View Profile
    • http://users.telenet.be/zaurususer/Chero
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 12:35:44 pm »
Hi,

Here is the output of cardctl ident:
Socket 0:
product info: "ASUS", "802_11B_CF_CARD_25", "Version 01.00", ""
manfid: 0x02aa, 0x0002
function: 6 (network)

The network connection works if WEP is disabled.

I just found that the "eth0: Error -110 setting multicast list." will generate even if I disabled WEP (so is the error message not an error?).

Thank you very much.

Jacky

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem.

"iwconfig" says the wep-key is empty ?!
I tried the lan utulity several times, iwconfig doesn't show me a wep key

Cheers,
Chero
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 12:47:36 pm by offroadgeek »
HP-95LX -> HP Jornada 680 -> SL-C860 -> SL-C3100 -> Fuji u810 -> SL-C1000 -> HTC uni -> SL-C860 -> SL-C760.
March 12 2009 : Back because the Zaurus is one of a kind.
SL-C760 : pdaXrom
Pandora pre-ordered -> received and tested : great device but not my cup of tea -> sold.

Chero

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2004, 01:00:19 pm »
Hi again,

problem solved :

I manually changed the file "/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts

it's quite obvious what to put where.

Now it works with encryption.

Cheers,
Chero

BTW : the new rom is great !!
HP-95LX -> HP Jornada 680 -> SL-C860 -> SL-C3100 -> Fuji u810 -> SL-C1000 -> HTC uni -> SL-C860 -> SL-C760.
Pandora pre-ordered -> received and tested : great device but not my cup of tea -> sold.

ikm

• View Profile
    • http://
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2004, 03:55:38 pm »
I also got problems with my wireless CF. Somehow, the profile from the 'Lan & WiFi' utility was not written to /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts, so, when I inserted the card, 'iwconfig' was showing no ESSID or WEP key configured at all. I had to put all this manually into /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts -- only then it worked. At the same time, same stuff worked nice with RC5. My configuration involves setting ESSID, WEP key and auth type = Restricted. Everything else is set to be automatic, and the type of profile is 'Wireless', of course.

Other problem: I tried to change jog wheel behaviour from 'left-right' to 'up-down', but without any luck -- each time I restarted X, the jog wheel behaviour was still 'left-right', with the Input GUI showing the same 'left-right' option, as if I never changed it at all. So I had to modify /etc/X11/kb/userdefined.xmodmap manually.

And the last thing I stumbled upon so far: while the multi-select capability in the package manager is obviously useful, it is very easy to accidentially select some more packages than needed. I once ended up installing apache2, along with some wanted packages, without any need of it. I would suggest asking for a confirmation with a list of the packages to be installed.

cnorwood19

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2004, 05:02:16 pm »
I also got problems with my wireless CF. Somehow, the profile from the 'Lan & WiFi' utility was not written to /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts, so, when I inserted the card, 'iwconfig' was showing no ESSID.
Same here

Laze

• View Profile
    • http://www.pdaXrom.org
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2004, 05:05:50 pm »
I don't understand the problem with wireless utility not writing /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts. Are you guys sure you selected wireless in profile page - it writes everything okay on my Zaurus.

Edit: Found the error - its only related to the default profile, make a new profile or wait for new ipk updates.

The jogwheel and other keyboard mapping problems will be fixed asap - there will soon be a new ipk available and other fixes.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 05:45:29 pm by Laze »
C760 running pdaXrom lastest ;-)
SL5500 Running Cacko Qtopia
512 MB SD Card, 128 MB CF Card, Prism2 CF Wlan.

Always visit http://www.pdaXrom.org for latest news.

BlackNight

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2004, 02:58:02 am »
It has the same bug which was long ago: on 700 z coursor "dance" around the stylus.( Plz, fix it as far as you can, flash is just unusable.(
P.S. Of course, i tried to recalibrate it.
P.P.S. Sorry for my english.
Sorry for my english.
Zaurus SL-C700, D-Link DCF-660W, D-Link DCF-650BT,
SD Memory Power 64 mb, CF RiDATA 128 mb

w14

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 03:23:23 am »
BlackNight:

I have the new ROM installed on a 700 and haven't come across this ... it seems pretty solid on mine - no screen flicker either.

Mike.
sl-c3100
pdaxrom 1.1.0 beta1

BlackNight

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004, 04:19:16 am »
Hmmm... It's strange.
Sorry for my english.
Zaurus SL-C700, D-Link DCF-660W, D-Link DCF-650BT,
SD Memory Power 64 mb, CF RiDATA 128 mb

titus

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2004, 08:09:33 am »
hi!

i don't know if there are solutions on older rom threads, 'cause on rc5 i first used a buffalo wlan card and later the dlink dcf-660w... on rc5 wlan works fine... so sorry if i ask very old questions...

i can't get my dlink working, cardctl reported it as Sandisk Connect SDWC 000, i can't get an ip on dhcp, with given ip i can't get a route... network unreachable...

as i remember, the dlink works on rc5 with wlan-ng, which is replaced by hostap, if i don't fault...

laze says in this thread it isn't necassary to use the wlan-ng, but creating a new profile doesn't lead to a solution too...

i'm using wep...

has anyone a hint for me?

btw: thanx for the very hard work to all developers!!! thanx for creating a desktop-oriented gui which is the very best for pda's with higher screen resolutions!
Is there a way to make a donation from germany without credit card?

thanx,

titus
SL-C860, 512MB SD Kingston, D-Link DCF-660W, pdaXrom 1.1.0 Kathrin RC9

cs_jacky

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2004, 08:48:16 am »
hi!

i don't know if there are solutions on older rom threads, 'cause on rc5 i first used a buffalo wlan card and later the dlink dcf-660w... on rc5 wlan works fine... so sorry if i ask very old questions...

i can't get my dlink working, cardctl reported it as Sandisk Connect SDWC 000, i can't get an ip on dhcp, with given ip i can't get a route... network unreachable...

as i remember, the dlink works on rc5 with wlan-ng, which is replaced by hostap, if i don't fault...

laze says in this thread it isn't necassary to use the wlan-ng, but creating a new profile doesn't lead to a solution too...

i'm using wep...

has anyone a hint for me?

btw: thanx for the very hard work to all developers!!! thanx for creating a desktop-oriented gui which is the very best for pda's with higher screen resolutions!
Is there a way to make a donation from germany without credit card?

thanx,

titus
There is a bug which made Lan & Wifi configuration program failed to set ESSID and WEP in wireless.opts of the default profile. Try create new profile for your wireless network.

ScottYelich

• View Profile
    • http://www.zaurususergroup.com/modules.php?opmodload&namephpWiki&filei
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2004, 09:16:53 am »
for me, I can't seem to get the middle mouse button to work.
I tried setting it to the left kanji button, no go.
I tried setting it to the mail button, no go.

mail seems to always be "escape" no matter what I do.

it worked on my 700, but not on my 760.

I'm sure it's just me, but it seems like the rom uses more ram on the 760 :-/

Scott

titus

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2004, 09:37:16 am »

i'm using wep...
There is a bug which made Lan & Wifi configuration program failed to set ESSID and WEP in wireless.opts of the default profile. Try create new profile for your wireless network.
no... creating a new profile doesn't help...

tovarish

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2004, 01:08:29 pm »
i have bug with my anycom bluetooth card., It works well but pdaxrom freezes whenever it goes to suspend mode and the light on the card stays on.

tovarish

Chero

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2004, 01:45:43 pm »

i'm using wep...
no... creating a new profile doesn't help...
have you tried changing the settings in "/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts"
It works fine for me.
(just edited it using mc)

Chero.

titus

• View Profile
Kathrin RC8 Is Out..
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2004, 02:26:37 pm »
hi chero,

yep... that was it... the wep-key hadn't been written to default entry of wireless.opts

but i wonder why the newly created profile, who has the key in the wireless.opts, doesn't works...

but now the default profile is working fine, thank you for your hint!

titus