Author Topic: Shirtpocket Troubles?  (Read 48146 times)

Elleomea

• View Profile
    • http://www.mikeasoft.com
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2005, 10:47:28 am »
I just rang them regarding a C3000 I ordered in mid-March; Apparently they should be receiving some by the end of the week and hopefully have them dispatched towards the beginning of next week. From what I heard it sounded like they've been having some problems with the database that drives their website. Very nice to see that everything seems to be getting sorted out .

phrag

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2005, 08:51:39 am »
mid march?
I ordered mine from shirtpocket early February and am STILL waiting!
They said ring back today, and guess what... no answer *again*

This is a shambles... trisoft could have one to me in 3 days, and that is from Germany.
Why o why have i waited 2 MONTHS from these jokers.
The very least they could do is refund our money so we may buy from a decent shop and recieve our goods.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 08:54:38 am by phrag »

anachronism

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 11:55:25 am »
mid march?
I ordered mine from shirtpocket early February and am STILL waiting!
They said ring back today, and guess what... no answer *again*

This is a shambles... trisoft could have one to me in 3 days, and that is from Germany.
Why o why have i waited 2 MONTHS from these jokers.
The very least they could do is refund our money so we may buy from a decent shop and recieve our goods.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73609\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Really? I tried calling today for an update on my order (after reading that you didn't get through). I got through no problem on  0870 7669862. Spoke to them, and as Elleomea said, they are expecting a delivery end of this week, to be converted and ship to us begining of the following week (if all goes to plan).

-
Grant

Elleomea

• View Profile
    • http://www.mikeasoft.com
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2005, 11:59:33 am »
They said ring back today, and guess what... no answer *again*[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73609\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
It did take me a few attempts throughout the day to actually get through to someone (sometimes engaged, sometimes just no answer), so you might do well to just try persevering with calling them.

r4qm4n

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2005, 03:56:37 pm »
Hi Folks,

I also ordered a C3K from this mob on 6th Feb, I must have tried to phone them 20 times, never got an answer, sometimes engaged.

Noticed the new phone number on the website last week, got through to them first time and the guy I spoke to apologised and gave me the same dross about a batch of C3K's coming in at the end of the week or next week, and that I would be somewhere near the top of the list.

I am highly sceptical, I already have the paperwork from my Credit Card company just waiting to be completed and sent back if I don't recieve anything *very* bloody soon. They did agree to give me a refund if I wasn't happy, I know many others have already got there money back.

I'm fairly sure I shall be shopping elsewhere for my Zaurus very soon.....any recommendations ?

I would advise anyone else to steer well clear of these guys.

cheers

fingers crossed........

They said ring back today, and guess what... no answer *again*[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73609\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
It did take me a few attempts throughout the day to actually get through to someone (sometimes engaged, sometimes just no answer), so you might do well to just try persevering with calling them.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73631\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

phrag

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2005, 04:08:51 pm »
I'm fairly sure I shall be shopping elsewhere for my Zaurus very soon.....any recommendations ?
I would advise anyone else to steer well clear of these guys.

If i get through to them tomorrow, i shall be asking for my money back so i may order from Trisoft. I have bought from Trisoft before and their service was excellent. Someone on here said they got their C3000 from them in a few days, and that was over bank holiday weekend.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 04:13:48 pm by phrag »

collywobbles

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2005, 04:50:55 am »
Someone on here said they got their C3000 from them in a few days, and that was over bank holiday weekend.
Yep, that was me. Ordered Thursday before Easter holiday. Posted by Trisoft Tuesday (they had just received a restock) after Easter holiday. Arrived Thursday two days later. Had my C3000 a week now and to coin a phrase "I'm lovin it...".

Trisoft were very communicative (by email) during the whole process. I even ordered the wrong remote control and they replaced it with the correct version for the C3000. It also came with a free mini USB host adaptor (worth £10) so I can plug in my USB keyring.

They come highly recommended by me.
Russell

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2005, 05:35:29 am »
Just want to indicate this:
I ordered my c-860 from Trisoft and everything went well. They don't speak (or write) the best english, but were very responsive, and when getting the Z from them it's just a normal sale, not an import service. The warranty is also 2 years (long enough to last you til you upgrade  )

anachronism

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2005, 06:34:40 am »
Just want to indicate this:
I ordered my c-860 from Trisoft and everything went well. They don't speak (or write) the best english, but were very responsive, and when getting the Z from them it's just a normal sale, not an import service. The warranty is also 2 years (long enough to last you til you upgrade  )
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73732\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Well, I reckon I'll buy from then if I get any more delays from Shirtpocket. I am a bit concerned at the slipping that occurs from them (first phone call, "Next Wednesday", next phone call "The end of the week"). While their contract says "time is not of the esscence" (6.1), they do state that:

"6.3 ShirtPocket shall not be liable for any delays caused except to the extent
caused wilfully or negligently by ShirtPocket. However, ShirtPocket will despatch
goods or begin provision of services to customers within 30 days of acceptance
of the Order unless otherwise stated. Should ShirtPocket not be able to do so,
the customer will have the option of cancelling any outstanding Goods &
Services on the Order and a refund given in proportion to the Goods & Services
no longer required."

So if you've waited over 30 days (unless they contacted you and stated otherwise... which isn't likely given their track record on customer contact...) then, according to their own terms, you can cancel and recieve a refund.

-
Grant - Hopefully soon to be the owner of a SL-C3000

r4qm4n

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2005, 01:38:30 pm »
So if you've waited over 30 days (unless they contacted you and stated otherwise... which isn't likely given their track record on customer contact...) then, according to their own terms, you can cancel and recieve a refund.

...which is exactly what I've just done.

I phoned them today and they said a Fedex shipment was in Paris, due in tomorrow, more likely to be Friday, and they would be working over the weekend to convert and then ship next week...but he wasn't prepared to commit on any of that.
Anyway, it's exactly 2 months to the day that I placed the order, and the bottom line is that they *still* cannot confirm exactly when I will recieve the unit....so I've bailed.

Think I shall give Trisoft a look, thanks for the advice......and good luck to those waiting on Shirtpocket, hope they come through for you....

cheers

Soon to be C3K owner......from someone *else*.....

anachronism

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2005, 05:48:32 am »
Has anyone managed to get through to them yet today for an update? I keep getting engaged/no answer.

-
Grant

Foxdie

• View Profile
    • http://trackmygps.co.uk
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2005, 04:24:48 pm »
I've had nothing but good service from Zuber and SP.co.uk
Jason "Foxdie" Gaunt
HTC Universal G4 with 2GB SD card running Debian Titchy Linux
[img]http://trackmygps.co.uk/signatures/foxdie.gif\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]
Click image to view my GPS tracker
Follow me on Twitter: @jasongaunt

phrag

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2005, 05:09:21 pm »
Has anyone managed to get through to them yet today for an update? I keep getting engaged/no answer. - Grant
No  
I have rang shirtpocket all day long from 9am this morning till 6pm and they are not answering.
My guess is they are deliberately ignoring the phone as they do not want customers cancelling orders.

I am very disturbed by this and am considering legal action against them. I shall continue to ring them all weekend, taking up my valuable time.
This has to be the worst company i have ever dealt with in 6 years of buying online.
The fact they are getting away with this is very worrying.
All I want now is my money back that they have taken from me and are making it very difficult, if not impossible, to get my money back after 2 months of total ignorance from them!  
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 05:10:52 pm by phrag »

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2005, 07:57:57 pm »
I've had nothing but good service from Zuber and SP.co.uk
I don't see how that's relevant without specifying when you got the service. Have tried contacting them lately?
I'm really tempted to post a blob on the ZUG site warning new users not to buy from SP.
Opinions?

rebski

• View Profile
Shirtpocket Troubles?
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2005, 05:08:10 am »
Zuber was a regular and useful contributor the forums but he has been notable by his absence since these problems with Shirtpocket began to be aired.

I am about to buy a C1000, will I go to Shirtpocket for this? If Zuber is monitoring this thread - as one would expect -  then perhaps he can give me some reasons as to why I should.

Ev1l, I think a list of recommended suppliers with perhaps a star rating based on forum member feedback would be good idea. It may be best not to make it a direct ZUG issue though.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:08:41 am by rebski »