Author Topic: Losing Route To Zaurus  (Read 1712 times)

marshmn

• View Profile
    • http://www.mattmarsh.net/
Losing Route To Zaurus
« on: March 07, 2005, 04:50:44 pm »
This might be a more general WiFi issue rather than something specific to the Zaurus, but this is the first time I've run into it.

I connect the Zaurus to my WiFi network and I use the network on it just fine. If I switch to my desktop and ping the Zaurus it succeeds just fine. I then leave the Zaurus alone for a while, still switched on etc but not using the network. After maybe something like 5 mins or so I try to ping the Zaurus again but this time it fails saying that there is no route to host. The Zaurus still says it is connected to the network and the webpage of my access point still lists the Zaurus as being associated with it. I then use the network from the Zaurus, eg. browse a webpage, and after that the Zaurus is pingable again.

Any ideas what causes this behaviour?

Thanks,
Matt
SL-C860 - Cacko 1.22a

http://www.mattmarsh.net/

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Losing Route To Zaurus
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 11:07:46 am »
After maybe something like 5 mins or so I try to ping the Zaurus again but this time it fails saying that there is no route to host. The Zaurus still says it is connected to the network and the webpage of my access point still lists the Zaurus as being associated with it. I then use the network from the Zaurus, eg. browse a webpage, and after that the Zaurus is pingable again.
Any ideas what causes this behaviour?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69668\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Sounds like a power-saving mode to me.

Set up a background process from the shell on the Z something like this to ping your gateway every 2 minutes (120s)?

#!/bin/sh

while [ 1 ] ; do
    sleep 120
    ping [gateway ip address]
done
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.