Author Topic: Ann: New Kanjidic 1.7  (Read 5582 times)

Jonathan

• View Profile
    • http://
Ann: New Kanjidic 1.7
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 08:33:05 pm »
Haha!  Got it!

For both zten and zdict I just changed the "image scale" menu option to something other than the default and, TADA!, the kanji bitmaps appear.

Now if only all problems in life were so easy...

By the way, are there major benefits of zten over zdict (or the other way round)?

I understand that zdict is built on zten source but is a little bit more useable (e.g. automatic copy of selected text to search buffer ready for next search)  

How about ztenv?

Having used zdict with edict and kanjidic, it seems I don't need zten at all.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

g333

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 03:04:24 am »
In the original program Multimedia Dictionary v1 the problem only occurs when the default middle size is selected. Every other size works

That means fixing the file might be really easy. Thanks Jonathan for flicking through the settings. I should have tried that too  
SL-C3000, Sharp ROM 1.11 JP, AirEdge AH-S405C...

halx

• View Profile
    • http://www.hloeffler.info/
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 10:01:20 pm »
Did the old version come form you (or am I hallucinating?)

No, it's a different version done by Chris Kerr.

halx

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 10:04:06 pm »
Er, does that mean the kanjidic files are wrong, or the dictionaries?
Do I need ztenv?

It works as expected with ztenv as well as Jamming and Kotonoko.
I guess the problem is in zten (and it's derivative zdic).

g333

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 07:27:40 am »
Halx, could you help me? Reversing the Japanese sentence example dictionary would be cool.

Also a search for components of kanji would be nice. This isn't needed but it would be cool if I could search for kanji by stroke order and readings etc...

Glen

halx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2005, 10:08:42 pm »
Halx, could you help me? Reversing the Japanese sentence example dictionary would be cool.

That"s not as straightforward as it might seem.  Just take your last sentence above.  How would you index such a sentence (by algorithm)?

Also a search for components of kanji would be nice. This isn't needed but it would be cool if I could search for kanji by stroke order and readings etc...

I"m not quite sure what you mean.  WIth conditional search you can search with several keys, e.g.
しょう S10

g333

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2005, 07:48:19 pm »
By hand if needed.  ...but I don't know how to make a working EPWING file    I couldn't get the Pearl stuff to work. I can make XML files, HTML files and Excel lists. So, from any of these do you know to make an EPWING file?

It would also be cool if there were readings for the Japanese in the example sentences. I have to check lots of words with this version. Using Hiragana Navi I can put reading into any examples in seconds  But this is on my XP pc

g333

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 07:55:52 pm »
With the kanji search, just imagine I know this kanji character but I can only remember 2 of the 3 parts in it. I want to be able to search all the kanji that has those bits in it.

There are a few options to search in my dictionary but they are written in Japanese now. Maybe one of them does what I want