Author Topic: Cacko3k Feedback  (Read 212722 times)

euroclie

• View Profile
    • http://
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 01:44:03 am »
looking real good. im typing from it now   :>    idont think i have any beefs about it yet.
Nice to hear that! I'm glad I didn't mess things up for my first ipk (re)package release.

As far as "looking good" goes, by the way, if anyone has a nicer icon for the menu button (the first on the left, just right of the Security (lock) icon), just let me know. I had to create this one myself, and its ugly because I have no graphic talent...
Patrick

russell

• View Profile
    • http://www.brittanycottage.org
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 03:51:28 am »
OK, I uninstalled my previous Opera version, 7.3o with the C3000 fix, and tried to install yours, but I must be missing something, when I try and install the IPK the Package Installer says:

'The filename of this package includes character this application can't handle. Please change the filename and retry install.'

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, I've tried renaming the filename, with no success, so I've reinstalled the previous version again.

Any ideas?

Russell
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Dynamism Sharp SL-C3000
Cacko 1.23 beta1 ROM - Although WLAN not functioning still!
Ambicom WL1100C Wireless Card
Kingston 256MB SD Card
[/span]

russell

• View Profile
    • http://www.brittanycottage.org
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 04:00:44 am »
I've fixed it, for one reason or another it would only install if the IPK was on the internal disk.
As I keep all my IPKs on a 256MB SD Card it wouldn't install it until I copied it. Very odd.

Looks great though, good job!

Russell  
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Dynamism Sharp SL-C3000
Cacko 1.23 beta1 ROM - Although WLAN not functioning still!
Ambicom WL1100C Wireless Card
Kingston 256MB SD Card
[/span]

slackwaresupport

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 09:07:41 am »
well, i guess the next deal is syncing.   any ideas on what to use?

slackwaresupport

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 10:58:40 am »
has anyone replaced the 4 gig drive with a 6 gig?

slackwaresupport

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 03:01:41 pm »
i have noticed this also,

my screen light like, dims and brightens really fast, almost where you cant see it, not all the way dark, just a little

euroclie

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2005, 04:50:21 am »
Hi all,

I got a crash (well, a freeze, actually) on the 3000 the other day. It was just when I was trying to sart playing with the GSM/GPRS CF card, and I got a couple of "Bus error" messages when trying to type commands in the terminal (probably trying to access a binary located somewhere in the path while this partition was impossible to access, but that's just a blind guess). Anyway I had to remove the battery, as after a few seconds playing with my almost unusable Zaurus, trying to launch new programs (like the shutdown application) didn't work, and it finally froze. I haven't played again with the CF card, so I'll report if I get anything reproductible.

On another topic - but maybe it's related to the crash I experienced - it seems that the "Tab Setting" application doesn't work correctly. Basically, trying to move an application to another tab just produce a duplicate of the program's icon in the destination tab, but the original icon isn't removed. Deleting a program's icon or a tab doesn't work.
I had a look using the terminal, and it seems that the application creates .desktop files with the "zaurus" user instead of the "root" user. The groupe is correct ("qpe"). And the access rights are wrong as well (rw-r--r-- when the rest of the files are rw-r-----), so I suppose that the "Tab Setting" application might need to be run as root instead of zaurus user to fix this... Anyone else can reproduce this problem with Cacko3k?

Also, the swap part of the battery applet doesn't work anymore for me, I suspect the same kind of problem (suid root needed) than with the Tab Setting application, I'll try to reinstall the Cacko3k alpha to see if I can fix this.
Patrick

sriley

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2005, 12:47:36 pm »
Tab settings work fine for me.  I have a particular tab setup that's always the first thing I do with a new ROM and I've had no problems with it.

euroclie

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2005, 02:15:42 pm »
Tab settings work fine for me.  I have a particular tab setup that's always the first thing I do with a new ROM and I've had no problems with it.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75642\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
OK, thanks for the report. I'm in the process of reflashing the Cacko3k alpha ROM, this should fix things...

Before I perform the second reboot and loose the content of the hard drive, here are the few applications I've tested with the Cacko ROM on my 3000:

BDicty English/French Gold v5.2
Photo Storage v1.0.0-en
U-Bahn navigator v0.3.1
HandCom PaintEditor v1.0.1 (doesn't work right)
IconEdit v0.9.4
Tree!Explorer QT v1.7.0
QTAlamucho v1.0.0-vga
Opie Reader v0.7h
TkcZip v2.0-031205
FxConv v0.2.9-1
qcoptest v0.1.1
SafeDee v2.0.2
ZUC v1.1
NeoCal v2.0.2
PDF Viewer (qpdf2) freetype-2.2.1-20040217
Opera v7.55.6079
AQpkg v1.9

With the exception of HanCom PaintEditor which doesn't work quite right, the rest of the installed files showed a normal behavior, i.e. they work as good as on the Sharp ROM...

I'll do some more testing after the next reboot and once I've reinstalled all the stuff... <sigh>
Patrick

ned

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2005, 07:29:33 pm »
I've just brought a c3000, and I was looking at the Cacko 1.22 ROM. Long story short, now I'm here, and Cacko3K looks like a really good option.

Is it available yet for download?, and if so, where should I be looking ?

Thanks,

sriley

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2005, 07:52:24 pm »
Ned:  Not yet, but soon!

The guy that put it together (iamasmith) is limiting distribution until he's convinced it's ready.  I can't predict when that will be, but my guess would be a week, or two.

IMO, it'll be worth the wait.

ned

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2005, 11:03:04 pm »
Do you know of any other ROMs etc I could have a play with in the mean time? (any others that are better than the default Sharp ROM that is

cybernetseraph

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 11:45:01 am »
Nope! Currently distinctly lacking in ROMs, hence the excitement about the alpha Cacko rom.

sooon....soon

slackwaresupport

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 02:43:10 pm »
quake is bombing out, and the video is crappy..  the md5sums

d9bbf880cae1eaabe354d944c49a9599  qpe-quake-data_1.5.0-1_arm.ipk
50af233a894cbf8abefff7b11a09ae30     qpe-quake_1.5.0-2_arm.ipk

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 08:37:40 pm »
I haven't been playing much with the 3000 for the last few days. It has nothing to do with my new PSP and Untold Legends. Honest.**

I've been thinking on how to resolve the /home problem, without much luck yet. The next thing I'll be working on is repackaging LAMP (Apache, mysql, PHP)  and the Open Media Lending Database for the 3000.  

The OMLD (http://opendb.i-am-vegan.net/index.php) is a comprehensive media database - the last killer application I need for my Z. Unfortunately it is a PHP app, which involves more overhead than I was hoping for.

I've also got a USB CD-R drive I'll be playing with on the Z, as soon as I can find the A->A usb cable it came with.

---

**I am lying.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 08:41:29 pm by kahm »
Fujitsu U8240 "Stormtrooper" -  Zaurus Supplement
Libretto U100 | Sony Librie, Sony Reader
SL-C3100: Sharp 1.11JP (Kanji Dictionary/Translator) - LCD Top swap with C1000.
SL-C3000: pdaXii13 5.4.7, SL-C3000 5.4.9 - microdrive replaced with 8gb Sandisk
SL-C1000: PDAXRom Beta3 | SL-6000L: Sharp 1.12 | SL-5500: Cacko, 64-0 kernel | SL-5000D: OZ-Opie
Linksys WCF12; Sharp CE-AG06, CE-RH2, CE-170TS; iRiver USB OTG Host cable; Socket BT rev.E CF; Hitachi 6gb Microdrive