Author Topic: Cacko3k Feedback  (Read 212704 times)

piku

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2005, 05:58:37 pm »
For all those playing with overclocking settings - remember that overclocking capabilities are very specific to each particular processor.  This means that whatever  options you find sutable for your own Zaurus may very likely not apply to another one! For example, all original overclocking options posted here by Andy worked for me (in fact I've sent them to Andy after testing on my Zaurus). But they don;t work for many other users here.
www.oesf.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=79586

Yeah I'm pretty stoked.. Mine works in turbo mode and barely gets warm at all.  I beat marioworld on snes9x overclocked to 624MHz (but in low rez).  Like the whole game....  Several multi-hour sittings.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:59:07 am by Varti »

socalluckdragon

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2005, 02:47:11 pm »
possible bug report

I get an occasional reset when using Beam Receive.  I haven't tried hard to reproduce it and it only seems to reset the Qt interface, not a full unit reboot.

Most recently, had just changed it to start receiving a file when it did it's trick.  I've also canceled the file transfer from the sending host before attempting to cancel from the receiving host.  That caused a Qt reset.

I'm also using the tetsu 18a kernel.

Other than that, I really dig this new rom.  Thanks for the awesome work!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 03:10:26 pm by socalluckdragon »

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2005, 04:45:12 pm »
I've duplicated that qtopia crash on alpha1.

1) Clear the Z, throught the Okay menu 3,1
2) On boot go through the calibration.
3) I cancelled the personal info boxes, but I doubt that affects it.
4) I put in a CF card, navigated to it, and clicked on an ipk to install. (In this case the qtopia memory applet)
5) After it installs, I correctly eject the CF card.
6) Go to the settings tab, click on network, click on add.
7) I specified my SSID, used 128bit encryption, and left the other settings alone.
8) Insert CF Network card.
9) Click on connect.
10) Boom! Back to console countdown.

I tried it 4 or 5 times. It didn't happen when I tried installing opera off of the SD card, but every time installing the memory applet off of CF. I'm not sure if it is the program being installed, or something to do with the CF, etc. (I don't think it occurs after just inserting then ejecting the CF flash card - I had to install the applet first.)

But in any case, that 10 steps does it for me every time.
www.oesf.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=7729

Well, guess what's back, this time on 3kbeta1. I had to reset the 3k a couple of days ago, due to that problem with ncurses. Since then the only things I've installed are kmicrokdelibs, korganizer, and korganizer-alarm, v1.2.1-1. I set my wireless options for the first time today and it crashed on the first connection attempt, exactly as before.

I haven't tried duplicating it yet - I'm swamped under this week - but the problem still seems to exist.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:59:57 am by Varti »
Fujitsu U8240 "Stormtrooper" -  Zaurus Supplement
Libretto U100 | Sony Librie, Sony Reader
SL-C3100: Sharp 1.11JP (Kanji Dictionary/Translator) - LCD Top swap with C1000.
SL-C3000: pdaXii13 5.4.7, SL-C3000 5.4.9 - microdrive replaced with 8gb Sandisk
SL-C1000: PDAXRom Beta3 | SL-6000L: Sharp 1.12 | SL-5500: Cacko, 64-0 kernel | SL-5000D: OZ-Opie
Linksys WCF12; Sharp CE-AG06, CE-RH2, CE-170TS; iRiver USB OTG Host cable; Socket BT rev.E CF; Hitachi 6gb Microdrive

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2005, 09:37:30 am »
i have had to reset my c3k several times because of the stupid home partion filling up and causing me all sorts of problems, then it hit me

why not in the next cacko use unionfs,  put all esential files in rom and allow users to install programs to home which transperently go to the hard drive, that way you can mount home as read only and not have to worry about anything bad happening to it

i could find refrences to it running under 2.4 online in some articles, ethier that or wait till the openzaurus guys get 2.6 working (we have serial console!)
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware

euroclie

• View Profile
    • http://
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2005, 04:42:42 am »
Hi,

Just a small post to let you know about a potential (small, cosmetic) bug using the Calendar application: when you are in any view (week, day) and tap on an entry, you get to a detailed view of that entry, with a description line, a Date line, a Time line, and on the bottom of the screen a Location line and the Note field. On my 3000, the first line (description) doesnt' display properly. It seems that the "Description:" label is a bit too long, so it is displayed on top of the actual content of the field, and this results in the first character usually missing from the text string  displayed right of the "Description:" label.

I'm not sure if this bugs would show as well on the original english-converted Sharp ROM, I suspect it's caused by Japanese labels being shorter than English ones. Not sure either how this can be corrected (basically, either the label is shortened or the data themselves are shifted a bit on the right).
Patrick

euroclie

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2005, 04:59:56 pm »
Yet another cosmetic bug report: in the Network application's main screen, just above the main table with the various connections, there's a label which reads: "Connection priority: Listing order (Set by curosr icons)". That should be "cursor" instead of "curosr", of course...
Patrick

Stilgar

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2005, 09:04:58 pm »
Okay, am I the only one missing libpcap (for kismet) and libcrypto 0.9.7 for tcpdump?

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2005, 09:18:50 pm »
Okay, am I the only one missing libpcap (for kismet) and libcrypto 0.9.7 for tcpdump?
www.oesf.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=83621

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, many cacko-specific enhancements are missing yet. They'll be added in to the CEFRNR release or the fusion release of 1.23 with Maslovsky.

Heh. Maybe we should skip calling it 1.23 and call it Cacko:Fusion
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:00:56 am by Varti »
SL-C1000: PDAXRom Beta3 | SL-6000L: Sharp 1.12 | SL-5500: Cacko, 64-0 kernel | SL-5000D: OZ-Opie
Linksys WCF12; Sharp CE-AG06, CE-RH2, CE-170TS; iRiver USB OTG Host cable; Socket BT rev.E CF; Hitachi 6gb Microdrive

russell

• View Profile
    • http://www.brittanycottage.org
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2005, 03:41:59 am »
Hi,
I seem to have encountered a problem since installing Cacko 1.23beta1, I've only just noticed it and am sure it wasn't always like it; but it seems several programs such as Kino2 and the Sharp MusicPlayer and VideoPlayer are unable to save their settings.
For example the Sharp MusicPlayer fails to recall which folder was open when it previously quit and Kino2 won't save any changes to its preferences.

Is there one folder where all these type of programs store their settings? It may have simply become read-only somehow. Eitherway I'm not entirely sure what is going on and would appreciate some assistance!

Thanks in advance!

Russell  
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Dynamism Sharp SL-C3000
Cacko 1.23 beta1 ROM - Although WLAN not functioning still!
Ambicom WL1100C Wireless Card
Kingston 256MB SD Card
[/span]

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2005, 09:52:43 am »
Hi,
I seem to have encountered a problem since installing Cacko 1.23beta1, I've only just noticed it and am sure it wasn't always like it; but it seems several programs such as Kino2 and the Sharp MusicPlayer and VideoPlayer are unable to save their settings.
For example the Sharp MusicPlayer fails to recall which folder was open when it previously quit and Kino2 won't save any changes to its preferences.

Is there one folder where all these type of programs store their settings? It may have simply become read-only somehow. Eitherway I'm not entirely sure what is going on and would appreciate some assistance!

Thanks in advance!

Russell
www.oesf.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=84024

I use the Sharp musicplayer extensively, and it almost always remembers the last folder played. It seems to lose it if it was on a CF card that was ejected and reinserted, but not always. I usually play stuff off of a 1gb CF card that's always in the 3000, and I don't have issues.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:03:25 am by Varti »

Jacknife

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #265 on: June 15, 2005, 05:25:36 am »
Okay, I've had a little time this week to play around with C3K 1.23b1, and wanted to report some of my findings...

I'm glad to say that my AmbiCom WL1100C-CF  is properly recognized and functional on C3K - I'm even able to utilize WEP encryption with my home network.  Although I did noticed that I needed to use infrastructure mode instead of Ad-Hoc when attempting to communicate with my home network.

I haven't been able to get the Music Player to work.  Once I click on an MP3 file,  the hourglass icon and the words "Please wait..." will remain on the screen for over an hour.  I get the same result if I attempt to launch the Music Player directly from the Multimedia tab.  When this happens, Music Player will become non-responsive, and will either need to be killed, or the Zaurus will need to be rebooted.  I haven't been able to find any errors logged within dmesg, but I think that I may have a configuration issue.  

The USB connectivity worked for most of my 1.0 and 2.0 thumb drives, however one "high speed" thumb drive from DELL wasn't properly recognized by the automounter and dmesg captured some (spammy) errors.  I'll try tweaking some settings and will report my findings on this later.  

I also attempted to host a Sony digital camera, as well as an ImageTank portable 40Gb photo storage device.  I wasn't really surprised that the Zaurus didn't recognize either of these devices, but I'll post my configuration settings once I get these devices to communicate properly.

So far I'm quite pleased with C3K 1.23b1.  I still have a lot more things that I'm wanting to test... Just need to find time to test them all.  Again, great work on C3K everyone!

russell

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #266 on: June 15, 2005, 06:00:43 am »
Okay, I've had a little time this week to play around with C3K 1.23b1, and wanted to report some of my findings...

I'm glad to say that my AmbiCom WL1100C-CF  is properly recognized and functional on C3K - I'm even able to utilize WEP encryption with my home network.  Although I did noticed that I needed to use infrastructure mode instead of Ad-Hoc when attempting to communicate with my home network.

I haven't been able to get the Music Player to work.  Once I click on an MP3 file,  the hourglass icon and the words "Please wait..." will remain on the screen for over an hour.  I get the same result if I attempt to launch the Music Player directly from the Multimedia tab.  When this happens, Music Player will become non-responsive, and will either need to be killed, or the Zaurus will need to be rebooted.  I haven't been able to find any errors logged within dmesg, but I think that I may have a configuration issue. 

The USB connectivity worked for most of my 1.0 and 2.0 thumb drives, however one "high speed" thumb drive from DELL wasn't properly recognized by the automounter and dmesg captured some (spammy) errors.  I'll try tweaking some settings and will report my findings on this later. 

I also attempted to host a Sony digital camera, as well as an ImageTank portable 40Gb photo storage device.  I wasn't really surprised that the Zaurus didn't recognize either of these devices, but I'll post my configuration settings once I get these devices to communicate properly.

So far I'm quite pleased with C3K 1.23b1.  I still have a lot more things that I'm wanting to test... Just need to find time to test them all.  Again, great work on C3K everyone!
www.oesf.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=84306

Are you sure you have an Ambicom WL1100C and not an Ambicom WL1100B? Several people, including myself, have not had much luck with the WL1100C and 1.23b, I'm very surprised that yours has just 'worked'!!! Any tips?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:05:03 am by Varti »
Kingston 256MB SD Card
[/span]

sriley

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2005, 09:06:25 am »
I'm running the beta on my 3k and my Ambicom WL1100C has always "just worked".  The only unusual requirement was to input the ESS-ID correctly in the network setup.

mulveyr

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2005, 09:27:10 am »
Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Russell 
www.oesf.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=84024

I've had more or less the same problem.  Occasionally the /hdd3 partition will become read-only.  I've had it happen immediately after performing a resume, but also sometimes when I'm in the middle of working on something, like typing a document in Hancom.  It's truly bizarre.  I can't find any consistent reason for it.

So I just remount the partition as r/w, and it works fine again, until the next time it happens.  ;-)

- Rich
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:07:02 am by Varti »

russell

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2005, 10:24:16 am »
Cheers mulveyr,
I'll have a look, it may also be related to another problem I've been having with 1.23b in that when I disconnect the USB from the PC after filesharing the Internal Disk (Documents Folder), it unmounts and I've been having to reboot the Zaurus to restore it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Russell  
Kingston 256MB SD Card
[/span]