Author Topic: Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!  (Read 213765 times)

dakhan

• View Profile
Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2005, 02:44:53 pm »
Hi!

I'm using KDE-PIM-PI on my Windows/Ubuntu Linux desktop and notebook mainly because it's great cross-system sync possibilities.

Recently my Linux distribution (Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy Badger) went into KDE 3.4.3 and replaced kdelibs4 with kdelibs4c2, while libqt3c102 and libqt3c102-mt are unavailable (there is libqt3-mt). These changes ruined kde-pim-pi dependencies and I have to stick to older Ubuntu version in order to use it.  

Maybe some of you has some ideas whether and when kde-pim-pi dependencies will allow for new libraries? Or maybe there is a method (without great deal of code-tampering) to modify it myself?  

Thank you for your time!

Andrzej Tomaszewski

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2005, 08:06:28 pm »
Maybe some of you has some ideas whether and when kde-pim-pi dependencies will allow for new libraries? Or maybe there is a method (without great deal of code-tampering) to modify it myself? 
Have you tried forcing the deps or are you building it locally?

dakhan

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2005, 04:29:24 am »
Have you tried forcing the deps or are you building it locally?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99788\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Errr....
In fact I'm rather newbie with Linux, so I just used prebuild SUSE package from sourceforge and alien it to .deb format.
I'm afraid I don't know how to "force the deps"...

--
Andrzej

dakhan

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2005, 12:26:15 pm »
Hi All,

My problem is solved.
The dependencies were corrected in KDE-Pim-PI 2.2.4.

Sorry for impatience,
--
Andrzej

ev1l

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2005, 05:35:16 am »
Sorry for impatience,
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100210\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Nah man, it's not your fault the deps were busted. Rather have you send in a report than 2 newbies quitting on it because it doesn't work, and not saying anything. We can only fix the stuff we know about.

zautrix

• View Profile
    • http://www.pi-sync.net
« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2005, 04:02:33 am »
I have changed to telephone number editing and management in KA/Pi.
That is need for the Outlook sync, which will be available soon.

Please test that new feature and give some feed back!

In particular:
Is in the SharpDTM sync the mapping of the phone numbers still working?
Please test!

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=112604

Release notes of version 2.2.6 - testing:

********** VERSION 2.2.6 ************

KO/Pi:
Made navigation in datepicker more userfriendly when using keyboard for scrolling.
KO/Pi Alarm applet:
Made font size for the two popup menus with larger font configurable:
Change size with menu:
Play Beeps->Font Size
Save settings such that it will be restored after next reboot with menu:
Play Beeps->Config->Save.
KA/Pi:
Big change! Needed for the upcoming Outlook sync:
(Outlook sync available appr. end of 2005)
Telephone number types are now fixed in KA/Pi
(but still compatible with the vCard standard, of cource)
and they are compatible with the types used by the evil empire.
That makes syncing with OL possible and make it possible to sync better with mobile devices.
NOTE:
All your telephone types will be converted automatically at loading/importing!
Such that it may be a good idea to make a backup of the data before starting KA/Pi.
But the editing of phone numbers and types has changed completely such that it is now much faster to edit/change types and numbers.
HINT:
To see whether there was some number for some contact not converted senseful, choose
Menu: View->Modify view
and add "Other Phone" ( in German "Sonst. Telefon") to the view.
If a type was not converted senseful to some of the 18 new, fixed types, it will get the "Other" type.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 04:04:38 am by zautrix »

boardboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2005, 01:42:13 pm »
Haven't tested new version, but have been running 2.2.4 on my 5500 using Cacko 1.22 ROM and rotate found on the Cacko feed.
My problem is whenever I rotate into landscape the kdelibs don't load and I can't run kopi/kapi/ompi/pwmpi.  Is there a way to manually load the libs so that it will work?

Oh error from terminal to load kopi is:
kopi: error while loading shared libaries: libmicrokdepim.so.2: cannot load shared object file:no such file or directory

Thanks
C3100 - pdaxii13 Sally - Running beatifully except no alarm atm
Linksys WCF12 WiFi
Kingmax 60x 256mb SD/NoName 1g CF/Noname 256mb CF
SL5500 - Cacko 1.22 *Retired

clofland

• View Profile
    • http://www.lofland.net/
« Reply #277 on: November 04, 2005, 11:49:16 am »
I have switched to pdaXrom, and I have noticed that we don't get regulary releases for pdaXrom.

Or am I just not looking in the right place?

Would it be possible to do that? Or should one of us take on the task and compile each new version for pdaXrom?

I wouldn't mind doing it, but I don't really know where to start. I do have a Linux box that I can use to cross-compile, but unless the code just compiles without ANY help, I'll be lost.  I've compiled some command line utils for the Z, but all of the GUI programs I tried to compile gave me too much grief for me to get anywhere.

If you think it is easy, let me know, and I'll pull down the source and give it a stab. I just don't want to waste the time if someone else is or has been doing it, or if it would be trivial for someone else to do it.

Thanks. I love this program!
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']C-760 pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3[/span]
- Sandisk UltraII 1GB SD card - Socket LP CF LAN card - Socket LP CF WLAN card - Socket CF Bluetooth Card Rev H -

rebski

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 04, 2005, 01:57:47 pm »
I have just installed v2.2.7 on to my C1000/Cacko 1.23ROM.

KorganizerAlarm seems to obliterate the Cacko applets – volume, battery, memory, etc.

It would be nice if they could coexist.

As it is I have to make a choice as which I prefer.

Ragnorok

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2005, 12:06:43 am »
- rebski: did you reboot?  Does the same to me each time I install KO/API, which I've done a lot during ROM testing.  (wink)  That should bring them all back.
- Additionally, if you use the "applet manager" built-in to Cacko, it will crash Qtopia, but that will restart itself.  Not a terrible tragedy, but disconcerting the first few times it happens, until one just stops using the applet.  (snicker)
- Hope this helps...
| I shed a tear for the passing of Hiroshi; he served me well
| Zaurus zealot since Nov 2002, PDA user since Oct 1991
| Replaced Z with UMID BZ February 2010

rebski

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2005, 05:54:25 pm »
I have installed again and this time restarted qtopia immediately after.

Did the trick, both applets coexist. Also I am now forwarned about possible crashes.

Thanks for the tip.

ev1l

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 06, 2005, 08:28:01 am »
I have switched to pdaXrom, and I have noticed that we don't get regulary releases for pdaXrom.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102283\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Windows and PDAX versions are not released because Z test on Linux and I do on Cacko, which takes standard Sharp rom binaries.
If I want a particular version for Windows I usually just ask with positive results. Z is in the US right now, so you might get answers as quickly as usual.
But yes, I'd be a good thing to see all version compiled for all targets as a rule.

Papadon

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2005, 09:54:15 am »
Hello,

I have a quick question....

This has been baffling me for the past couple of weeks now and I've searched everywhere I think, but cannot find the answer!

I have a Sharp Zaurus CL-3100 and I have installed EVERY version of KO/PI on it to test with.

The problem I have is the following:

With, or without the alarm applet installed...if I create an appointment/to do with an alarm set and then go to check the entry, it's flagged with the alarm correctly. EX. "30 Minutes Before". However, if I exit the program (with saving first), and go back into KO/PI, and check the entry the alarm says "!30(Disabled) Minutes Before". The alarms will not work at this point. I've tested everything! If I create the apts. in KO/PI on the Zaurus without exiting, it's OK. But if I sync from my Windows machine, which I usually do because of convenience, it comes across with the "(disabled)" stuff. This is happening in EVERY VERSION, with/without the alarm applet installed. Has anyone seen this and does anyone know the solution?

Thanks,

Mike

clofland

• View Profile
    • http://www.lofland.net/
« Reply #283 on: November 07, 2005, 09:03:32 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102283\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Windows and PDAX versions are not released because Z test on Linux and I do on Cacko, which takes standard Sharp rom binaries.
If I want a particular version for Windows I usually just ask with positive results. Z is in the US right now, so you might get answers as quickly as usual.
But yes, I'd be a good thing to see all version compiled for all targets as a rule.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102537\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Even just a pdaXrom release at each "stable" version would be enough I think.

Thanks.
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']C-760 pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3[/span]
- Sandisk UltraII 1GB SD card - Socket LP CF LAN card - Socket LP CF WLAN card - Socket CF Bluetooth Card Rev H -

chal

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #284 on: November 09, 2005, 01:30:11 pm »
Will KOPI work on Hybrid? If so, what deps are needed?

PDAs
2 SL5500s
tKc Rom
Lexar 1GB CF card
Viking 512GB  CF card
PC 1. Mandriva 2009
PC 2. Windows XP
[/font]