Author Topic: Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!  (Read 218535 times)

zautrix

• View Profile
    • http://www.pi-sync.net
Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2005, 06:33:33 pm »
Just wondered if any major changes were/are planned for the next release. It has been almost a month since the last release and they normally come faster than that? Or it could be that people are busy with there real jobs.    Thanks
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105478\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Yes, I am currently very busy.

I am working on making it possible to sync in pi-sync mode specific resources.
It looks quite well in KO/Pi but it needs more testing.

And I tried to find a solution for Kx/Pi syncing with Outlook.
It seems so that there are all problems resolved with the KA/Pi Outlook syncing.
But it still needs to be implemented...

I will make some testing versions available next weekend (probably).

But do not expect a stable version before Christmas.

z.

zautrix

• View Profile
    • http://www.pi-sync.net
« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2005, 06:38:48 pm »
With, or without the alarm applet installed...if I create an appointment/to do with an alarm set and then go to check the entry, it's flagged with the alarm correctly. EX. "30 Minutes Before". However, if I exit the program (with saving first), and go back into KO/PI, and check the entry the alarm says "!30(Disabled) Minutes Before". The alarms will not work at this point. I've tested everything! If I create the apts. in KO/PI on the Zaurus without exiting, it's OK. But if I sync from my Windows machine, which I usually do because of convenience, it comes across with the "(disabled)" stuff. This is happening in EVERY VERSION, with/without the alarm applet installed. Has anyone seen this and does anyone know the solution?

"!30(Disabled) Minutes" does mean that the alarm is disabled in the resource settings.

There may be a bug with that  "disable alarm" resource settings.

I will look at this.

z.

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
« Reply #302 on: December 01, 2005, 03:22:09 pm »
Hmmm. I do have the pim apps running from flash, but I also have them configured to save to my CF card. And unless I'm mistaken, the automatic backups are saving the data to the std.vcf file. Where that file is should not be an issue, or so I would assume. But then, what I know about these Apps and what I assume may just be at opposite ends of reality.
The advantage of setting auto backups on your CF card is that you have 2 places to wipe before you start losing data.

Sorry, didn't know it was a breach of web etiquette to sign a post. Just shows my age I suppose. When I compose a Business letter, my name is at the top and the bottom...   
Ah, don't sweat it, it's just redundant here.

wpchan

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2005, 09:43:13 pm »
I have a question about sync and I am just too stupid to figure it out.  I sync from XP using a local file profile with my Z connected via USB in "Storage" mode.  The box for addressbook file used by Ka/pi is checked.  When I sync in Ko/pi, only mycalendar.ics is updated but not std.vcf, even if I have both calender and addressbook checked in the multiple sync options of the profile configuration.  I also tried Synchornize | Multiple sync and I got the same result.  The only way that I can update both file is to do the sync in Ka/pi and Ko/pi separately.

I was expecting that the sync will update both files when it is done in either ko/pi or ka/pi.  Did I get this wrong?  Thanks.
C3K, Sharp ROM 1.11 JP, Tetsu v18h kernel
ka/pi and ko/pi 2.2.7 on C3K and winXP

ashikase

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #304 on: January 09, 2006, 01:39:52 am »
I ran into a couple of problems when trying to compile the latest CVS (as of 2006-01-09) for desktop use. I am running Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy), which uses gcc version 4.0.2 20050808.

They are both very simple issues, and I was able to easily correct them myself. I have included diffs of the changes below (made using 'diff -rup oldfile newfile').

First, a template error:
Code: [Select]
--- koeditordetails.cpp.orig    2005-07-30 02:41:39.000000000 +0900
+++ koeditordetails.cpp    2006-01-09 14:04:27.000000000 +0900
@@ -54,13 +54,13 @@
 #include "koeditordetails.h"

template <>
-CustomListViewItem::~CustomListViewItem()
+CustomListViewItem::~CustomListViewItem()
 {
   delete mData;
 }

template <>
-void CustomListViewItem::updateItem()
+void CustomListViewItem::updateItem()
 {
   setText(0,mData->name());
   setText(1,mData->email());
Second, Ubuntu's Qt lib doesn't include styles; I personally don't think it's necessary, anyways, as the program looks and runs fine without it.
Code: [Select]
--- main.cpp.orig    2005-09-25 11:28:24.000000000 +0900
+++ main.cpp    2006-01-09 14:08:22.000000000 +0900
@@ -31,7 +31,7 @@ int main( int argc, char **argv )
   a.setKeepRunning ();
 #else
   QApplication a( argc, argv );
-  QApplication::setStyle( new QPlatinumStyle ());
+  //QApplication::setStyle( new QPlatinumStyle ());
 #ifdef _WIN32_
   QString hdir ( getenv( "HOME") );
   if ( hdir.isEmpty() ) {
One other thing... I have found that gcc/g++ 4.0 is much more strict than earlier versions. While compiling kdepim, it spat out multiple warnings about base classes that have virtual methods but non-virtual destructors. While this might not currently be a problem, it could lead to memory leaks if any subclasses use dynamic allocation, and so it might be worth fixing.

- ashikase
- anpachi, gifu, japan
SL-C3100 & SL-C760

rogerbowering

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2006, 05:24:27 am »
I may have found a bug (was using 2.2.3, but moved up to 2.2.7 and still happens) or I may have a dodgy phone.

In KA/Pi, when I elect to Beam Selected contact to my phone there's no problem, ie the "Sending..." thing happens on the Zaurus and my phone asks, "Receive Contact Blah, Blah?"

In KO/Pi when I tap and hold an appointment and select beam, the Zaurus says it's sending the data (and completes) but there's no response at the phone.

Just to check, the phone receives any kind of beamed document/data from the Documents or Files tab without problem

Just in case it's a localised phone problem it's one of those HTC Jam Phones.

clofland

• View Profile
    • http://www.lofland.net/
« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2006, 05:37:32 pm »
Any chance of removing the restriction to no ore than 150 calendar entries when importing from Outlook?

If you get more than 150, ko crashes when it goes to save the file.

Thanks.
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']C-760 pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3[/span]
- Sandisk UltraII 1GB SD card - Socket LP CF LAN card - Socket LP CF WLAN card - Socket CF Bluetooth Card Rev H -

zhaven444

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2006, 09:41:35 am »
I installed Korganize 2.1.5 but cannot start it. I tried in terminal with the following error, any idea?

kopi: error while loading shared libraries: kopi: undefined symbol: __9KListViewP7QWidgetPCcb

how can i solve it?

raybert

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2006, 12:23:14 pm »
You need to install kmicrokdelibs as well.

~ray

xamindar

• View Profile
    • http://www.radnimax.com
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2006, 03:23:10 pm »
how do i change locality to say city and region to say state like it should in my country?  i'd like to be able just hand my zaurus over to someone and have them fill their info out without having to ask me which is which.
SL-C3100 happily Dualbooting Japanese Rom 1.02 and Debian Eabi
Replaced internal CF with 8gb seagate cf hard drive
Ambicom CF GPS
CyberPower battery powered USB hub
D-link DCF-650W (MAN THIS THING IS HUGE!!)

zhaven444

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2006, 08:23:11 pm »

~ray
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113748\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Installed it already and lib are available, OPMail is okay....maybe I remove and install it again to have a try

raybert

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2006, 03:01:50 pm »

~ray
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113748\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Installed it already and lib are available, OPMail is okay....maybe I remove and install it again to have a try
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113786\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hmm... I don't what's going on then.  Which ROM are you running?

Re reinstall: If you didn't get any errors when you installed it that probably won't make any difference.  But it doesn't hurt to try.

~ray

cramit

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2006, 11:38:40 am »
I am using KO/pi and I have found that my events become read-only after I exit and re-open KO/pi.  Is this normal?  I would like to be able to modify the details of an event after the fact; is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks!

Magellan

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2006, 05:57:33 pm »
Hello everyone, I am new to Linux and have some potentially dumb questions.  I have a C750, and I just installed the latest Cracko ROM I could find.  Will this work on my device??  Also, does this replace the PIM included in Cracko's ROM, or does it install it in addition, so I have different PIM apps I need to choose?  Thanks for your help.

Mark

Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 04, 2006, 03:26:22 am »
I think I found a bug;  when exporting my contacts to a container vcf file (1 vcf file containing multiple adresses) on my computer, and try to import them in KA/Pi it freezes the zaurus, I'm running 2.2.7...
C3000 Sharp ROM
Dlink wifi - Belkin usb2lan
Billionton cf ethernet
512 mb SD

www.dinozaurus.com