Author Topic: Best bluetooth card?  (Read 7919 times)

grey_moon

• View Profile
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2004, 09:57:08 am »
Sigh sigh so unlucky am I!
Heh got a 250 chip in my 5600, but that wasn\'t a problem.  Now the Ambicom BT2000 I got sent was a C series
I\'ve trawled the web looking for answers but I guess there is\'nt a solution for the C, anyone able to put me out of my misery?
SL_5600 with Sharp ROM 1.32 - Windows XP Pro
AmbiCom 802.11b CF WL1100C, Pretec CompactBT Bluetooth CF, Hagiwara 256MB SD Card
Expansys Black Chairmans Case, ShirtPocket Battery Extender, ShirtPocket Retractable USB Sync/Charger

Zuber

• View Profile
    • http://www.shirtpocket.co.uk
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2004, 10:23:53 am »
Sold a few Bluemokey cards with the Zaurus C7/8xx models.

Not had much feedback from buyers, which can only mean they are working  

Also use it myself.

They work well with the bluez drivers for dial up access. Power consumption looks very good as well, though not compared with anything else.

They are class 3 so would expect power consumption to be good, but range is short...
Zuber
ShirtPocket Ltd.
www.shirtpocket.co.uk

Ethereal

• View Profile
    • http://
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2004, 10:49:31 am »
On top of that, the card is the same size as CF memory, so it doesn\'t stick out or advertise that it is on (I prefer no blinking).

Seriously, at ~ $82, I\'d have to say it\'s hard to beat.  Just my .02...

Except for the flush top (which is nice) Amazon\'s $55 Ambicom cards ARE the BT2000E (as pictured on their site, and as I received within the last month) model, and works perfectly with tumnus\' Bluez package.  Be sure to pick up Maslovsky\'s high-speed drivers, suspend-resume, sudo, and suspend-resume-bluez, too.
SL-6000L, Sharp ROM 1.12;
Socket Rev 2.5 CF Bluetooth::SE T608;
Sandisk 512MB SD, formatted ext2;
Pocketop IR Keyboard

Anonymous

Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2004, 12:10:09 pm »
On top of that, the card is the same size as CF memory, so it doesn\'t stick out or advertise that it is on (I prefer no blinking).

Seriously, at ~ $82, I\'d have to say it\'s hard to beat.  Just my .02...

Except for the flush top (which is nice) Amazon\'s $55 Ambicom cards ARE the BT2000E (as pictured on their site, and as I received within the last month) model, and works perfectly with tumnus\' Bluez package.  Be sure to pick up Maslovsky\'s high-speed drivers, suspend-resume, sudo, and suspend-resume-bluez, too.

Do you know why the 2000C is so hard to support?  Is it a matter of the chipset itself being proprietary and undocumented, or does it work on Linux in general, and just nobody\'s bothered to make it work on the Zaurus?

grey_moon

• View Profile
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2004, 02:08:12 pm »
Could someone confirm if the bt2000c chipset csr please?
Cheers
Moon
AmbiCom 802.11b CF WL1100C, Pretec CompactBT Bluetooth CF, Hagiwara 256MB SD Card
Expansys Black Chairmans Case, ShirtPocket Battery Extender, ShirtPocket Retractable USB Sync/Charger

grey_moon

• View Profile
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 02:24:59 pm »
opps just found it is...

Anonymous

Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 02:27:57 pm »
Is the connection strong enough to stream shoutcast over gprs using a bluetooth phone?

grey_moon

• View Profile
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 08:50:46 am »
sniffle after bumbling away the past weekend trying to get th bt2000c card working I gave in and ordered a card that hopefully will defiently work.  wouldnt be suprised if a fix came out tomorrow

tumnus

• View Profile
    • http://www.cpinkney.org.uk
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 05:43:21 pm »
grey_moon, The BT2000C uses a CSR chipset. I am very slowly working on a driver for it... very slowly...

guest, yes you can play low bitrate shoutcast streams over GPRS via a bluetooth phone. I\'ve done it with my phone just to prove it works, but unless you have an unlimited GPRS plan, it could get very expensive.
# Search the Zaurus Howtos ## Search the Zaurus FAQs ## Find Z software at ELSI #
--------------------
UK SL5500 with Sharp ROM 3.13, SL5600 with Sharp ROM 1.32 - SuSE 9.0 Pro, Windows XP Home
Qualendar for Calendar and Todo
Socket Bluetooth CF Card (Rev F), Kingmax 512MB MMC Card, Palm Tungsten T Stylus,
Pretec CF->Smartmedia Adapter, Semsons Universal Battery Extender

grey_moon

• View Profile
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2004, 06:03:43 pm »
it would have hurt if you said \"bt2000c driver cracked\" and i have just ordered a different card
gosh i hate waiting for a new toy, please hurry mr postman
but seriously, thank you for all the work u have done tumnus

albertr

• View Profile
    • http://
Best bluetooth card?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2004, 12:55:53 pm »
Do you know why the 2000C is so hard to support?  Is it a matter of the chipset itself being proprietary and undocumented, or does it work on Linux in general, and just nobody\'s bothered to make it work on the Zaurus?

It\'s known that BT2000C uses OXCF950 and CSR BlueCore2 chips, these are well-documented parts. I think the problem is not to figure out how do they iteract (flow control, H4 or BCSP, etc), but that no linux developers are using this card at the moment... that\'s why there\'s no linux driver is written for it.
Manufacturers generally don\'t care about supporting linux, since market share is very small comparing to PPC. For instance, when I wrote a driver for BT2000E I got no support at all, save for the card itself.
-albertr