Author Topic: 1.1.0beta1 Is Out!  (Read 52012 times)

mjotad

• View Profile
    • http://
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2006, 12:28:15 pm »
What's the best way of getting Kapi working in this release?  There are various threads about it.  I got it going in the previous one, but I don't remember how!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109769\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I've got the kapi that comes with kdepimpi 2.2.3 working with Beta1 (on my C760). You need to symlink all the libmicrokabc*.so files in /usr/lib/ to /opt/kdepimpi. Then it will work ok, but once you start it you need to press ALT+Tab to get the window to appear as it seems to start up minimised.

Hope this helps

mjotad

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2006, 12:37:12 pm »
Has anyone else noticed worse wifi performance with Beta1? I have a CF wifi card which under beta1 is identified as a Senao SL-2011CD. Under rc12 it showed up as a Farallon Skyline. Now using the hostap drivers the sensitivity is way way down. If I'm not next to the access point it barely detects it. Also power management no longer works. I've tried setting the sensitivity to maximum but it makes no difference.

Is there any way to revert to using the orinoco drivers? I'm using a C760.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

cal

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2006, 03:08:06 pm »
mjotad, I have had the smae problem with my SMC card.  RC12 delivered even throughput, but beta1 seems to go up and down and stall.  I have tried with other computers and had no problems, so its not a router/server issue.

MONVMENTVM

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2006, 05:42:05 pm »
support for the d-link dcf-660w would be really nice... i will stick to rc12 until d-link wlan card is working. but i am looking forward to test beta1
Device: Zaurus C3100
OS: testing pda[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']X[/span]rom beta4
Window Manager: Xfce4 + ROX Desktop and Filer
WLAN: D-Link DCF-660W
Memory: Kingston 512MB SD
Creative Wired Remote modified to work as CE-RH2

takuan

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2006, 11:15:31 pm »
i have one pro and one con that i noticed about beta1

pro:
upgrading from rc12 i can now use my bluetooth gps.. all the previous versions bt wouldn't allow me to connect unless i was really really lucky.. (and i'm not a very lucky person).. so now i can use bt (hopefully! need to test a little more..)!! =]

con:
beta1 has a terrible problem with suspending and never coming back.. i notice this especially when i leave a CF wifi card in.. however, i just did a cardctl eject removed it and hit suspend and the screen turned darker but hung.. so i think theres some problems with the suspend script.... i had to hard reset about 10 times in the past 10 minutes.. =(

Deviant25

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2006, 12:46:51 am »

pro:
upgrading from rc12 i can now use my bluetooth gps.. all the previous versions bt wouldn't allow me to connect unless i was really really lucky.. (and i'm not a very lucky person).. so now i can use bt (hopefully! need to test a little more..)!! =]

con:
beta1 has a terrible problem with suspending and never coming back.. i notice this especially when i leave a CF wifi card in.. however, i just did a cardctl eject removed it and hit suspend and the screen turned darker but hung.. so i think theres some problems with the suspend script.... i had to hard reset about 10 times in the past 10 minutes.. =(
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109872\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

with the suspend thing... ive noticed this, (pdax1.10beta1 was the first rom i tried on my new cl3100 so not sure if its different in other versions) .. the key to this problem that i've found out is making sure not the press the on/off button multiple times to try to suspend, at first i would try to unsuspend it and it woudlent come up for liek few secs, and i woudl try it again the screen woudl blink then baclighting would die but u could still see stuff.... Now i suspend/unsuspend with one sold press for each holding down for 2-3 sec

migth not work for u, but, this seems to be what i kept doing wrong

ant

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2006, 11:24:30 am »
support for the d-link dcf-660w would be really nice... i will stick to rc12 until d-link wlan card is working. but i am looking forward to test beta1
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I'm investigating the issue...trying to get WPA-PSK like with Cacko.

I've already found some "omissions" in the file /etc/pcmcia/wireless so that it comes out with an error.
I've googled for the full version and i found it.
Then I've patched like described on wpa_supplicant homepage.

..but sadly it doesn't work.

If I test with a Socket CF Low Power Wlan card the wpa_supplicant runs (but the card doesn't support wpa...)

If I stick the D-Link DCF-660W the wpa_supplicant is not called...why???

The next step will be to change the card description in the files:
/etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf
/etc/pcmcia/config
/etc/pcmcia/hermes.conf

like they are in the Cacko ROM.

I'll let you know.

Ant

MONVMENTVM

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2006, 06:15:14 am »

pro:

con:
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109872\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

What works for me EVERYTIME: after the suspend doesnt work wait for about 5 seconds (if it doesnt work again: wait 10 or something) and then press the "home" button. this is everything and it should work everytime (on rc11 and rc12 it also worked).

for the next time you suspend: after the suspend do not press the on/off button again in the next few seconds. because while suspending the zaurus blackens the screen first and after some seconds REALLY suspends.
Device: Zaurus C3100
OS: testing pda[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']X[/span]rom beta4
Window Manager: Xfce4 + ROX Desktop and Filer
WLAN: D-Link DCF-660W
Memory: Kingston 512MB SD
Creative Wired Remote modified to work as CE-RH2

benplaut

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2006, 03:36:53 pm »
what, no quake 3?  

Congrats... as soon as my sis gets all the pictures off my SD card, i'm getting rid of this ol' rc11

clofland

• View Profile
    • http://www.lofland.net/
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2006, 11:28:33 am »
Sometimes my whole screen goes blank, and then if i hit a key (like shift) it comes up entirely white. Usually I can get it to come up properly by hitting ALT-Tab a few times.

Has anyone else seen this? I didn't have this with RC12, so I thought maybe it was a ROM problem.

If no one else sees it though, then I'll assume I mucked something up myself.
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']C-760 pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3[/span]
- Sandisk UltraII 1GB SD card - Socket LP CF LAN card - Socket LP CF WLAN card - Socket CF Bluetooth Card Rev H -

omega

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2006, 11:36:55 am »
I've had this before with earlier releases. Haven't seen it on RC12... which seems to be suspending on its own account. Changing to beta1 in a few minutes will let you know if it happens. Is it related to the screen saver?
Gorgeous C860, 256 Sandisk SD, 1Gig Pretec 40x CF, PDAIR leather case & the really cool retractable iPDA USB sync/charge cable. Powered by PDAXROM BETA 1.

My wish - to have a Command & Conquer style game on my Z! (FREECNC!!!) Simcity 2000 would also be great.

omega

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2006, 11:53:37 am »
Just installed and saw an error of note

"depmod: *** unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix/net/hostap.o"

maybe that's why the Dlink card stopped working?
Gorgeous C860, 256 Sandisk SD, 1Gig Pretec 40x CF, PDAIR leather case & the really cool retractable iPDA USB sync/charge cable. Powered by PDAXROM BETA 1.

My wish - to have a Command & Conquer style game on my Z! (FREECNC!!!) Simcity 2000 would also be great.

omega

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2006, 01:01:13 pm »
Hi again,

I have a little problem... Can't seem to figure out how to drag windows in beta 1... it used to be something like holding down shift or function while dragging but this doesn't seem to work any more?

gromituk

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2006, 01:33:31 pm »
Can't seem to figure out how to drag windows in beta 1... it used to be something like holding down shift or function while dragging but this doesn't seem to work any more?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=110307\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hold down Alt (Address).  Still works for me on my 860.  

omega

• View Profile
1.1.0beta1 Is Out!
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2006, 01:45:21 pm »
thanking you! ;-)