Author Topic: Transcend Ultra Speed 4gb Sd - Us$43  (Read 9851 times)

Drake01

• View Profile
Transcend Ultra Speed 4gb Sd - Us$43
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:09:00 pm »
Newegg has the Transcend Ultra Speed 4GB SD Card for US$42.99.

From the Transcend site:

Features
- Amazing data transfer rates: Up to 150X speeds (22.5MB/sec)
- Supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) to detect and correct errors
- Supports In System Programming (ISP) to load firmware
- Support power down and sleep modes
- Mechanical Write Protection Switch
requirements
- Lifetime Warranty.

Not a bad price.  I'm kicking myself for recently picking up a slower 4GB card for about the same price.
Device: SL-C3200 running pdaXii13v2 build 5.5.0
Networking: Symbol Spectrum24 WLAN card; Kingston CIO10T CF NIC
Storage: 4GB Transcend 150x SD; 16GB Transcend 133x CF; 4GB Seagate CF HDD; 4GB Patriot SD
HID: Logitech V450 Laser Mouse; generic silicone USB keyboard; 2 generic optical mice; stock plastic stylus
GPS: generic "UT-41" USB GPS Receiver
Case: neoprene case from my old Palm foldable keyboard

Jon_J

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 11:19:01 pm »
I went there, but couldn't find a store locater.
Are there any walk-in stores for newegg?
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

Drake01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:28:04 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I've always ordered online and had my orders shipped.  I'm not aware of any brick-n-mortar stores in my area and I always had the impression that they were strictly an online retailer.  

Shipping cost me $5 which, considering the price of gas lately, is not too bad.  Of course, they seem to be located in OH, which isn't too far from me.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:28:31 pm by Drake01 »
Storage: 4GB Transcend 150x SD; 16GB Transcend 133x CF; 4GB Seagate CF HDD; 4GB Patriot SD
HID: Logitech V450 Laser Mouse; generic silicone USB keyboard; 2 generic optical mice; stock plastic stylus

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 09:25:55 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I've always ordered online and had my orders shipped.  I'm not aware of any brick-n-mortar stores in my area and I always had the impression that they were strictly an online retailer.  

Shipping cost me $5 which, considering the price of gas lately, is not too bad.  Of course, they seem to be located in OH, which isn't too far from me.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153443\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

wasn't the idea of not having a brick and mortar based store that the consumer does not need to pay the state tax and thus gets things cheaper?
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

Drake01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 09:45:15 pm »
wasn't the idea of not having a brick and mortar based store that the consumer does not need to pay the state tax and thus gets things cheaper?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Pretty much.  If the store has a physical presence in my state, they charge me sales tax.  The sales tax on this item (which I did not have to pay) would probably have been around $3.50.  

I ordered this from the comfort of my ergonomic computer chair.  I didn't have to waste time and fuel driving to a store.  I didn't have to wrap myself in several layers of clothing before braving the weather (my thermometer was reading -10F recently).  I consider this a good deal.

Jon_J

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:23:34 am »
Since they don't have a physical address, I cannot buy anything from them.
StreamlineCPUs accepts money orders sent through the postal system.
This is why I always end up buying my stuff at Staples, best buy, radio shack or other stores in my area.
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

Snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 03:53:10 am »
This is why I always end up buying my stuff at Staples, best buy, radio shack or other stores in my area.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I guess it's everyone's choice. I've been getting stuffs from them since 2003 without a hitch.

My last notebook ram from them was in Jan 2006 and it died on me a month or two ago. I sent in for RMA last month (Jan07) since it got lifetime warranty. Reached them in 2 days via Priority Mail. They updated the status online within a day.

Within about a week to 10 days after I posted the ram for RMA, I was told that they will be giving me a full refund minus original shipping as they do not have stock of it and are not carrying it anymore.

Today, the full refund had been updated in my credit card account. Sweet.
Snappy!
------------------------
Akita (Daily use)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>SL-C1000 with Cacko 1.23 full
Accessories: Wifi XI-825 CF  |  16GB (6) SDHC (Transcend) | 1GB 80x CF (RiDATA PRO-2) </span>

Collie (Sandbox)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>SL-5500 with OZ/GPE 3.5.4.1 alpha3 build 2006-04-27
Accessories: 512MB A-Data SD | 64MB Toshiba SD</span>

Cyberdoc1971

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 11:22:49 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I guess it's everyone's choice. I've been getting stuffs from them since 2003 without a hitch.

My last notebook ram from them was in Jan 2006 and it died on me a month or two ago. I sent in for RMA last month (Jan07) since it got lifetime warranty. Reached them in 2 days via Priority Mail. They updated the status online within a day.

Within about a week to 10 days after I posted the ram for RMA, I was told that they will be giving me a full refund minus original shipping as they do not have stock of it and are not carrying it anymore.

Today, the full refund had been updated in my credit card account. Sweet.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153461\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I agree that Newegg is one of the better online retailers, been using them for the past 2 years and have never had a problem with their products, shipping, or service.

However one to watch out for is Tigerdirect, From the past 2 times I have used them the products arrived defective, and when I have called their customer service...they gave me the runaround, and treated me like I did not know anything.
"Whatever happens...Happens." - Spike Spiegel (My personal motto)
Archos PMA400 with Archos 1.14-2 Rom, & my own custom theme!
KA/Pi & KO/Pi (Best Address & Calander out there)
TKC Gallery (Best Viewer out there)
No Need For Memory Cards With a 30GB Drive
Nice to have the Built-In 802.11b Wi-Fi
Custom Leather Case
Custom Metal Stylus

Drake01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 07:18:05 pm »
I purchase from Newegg relatively frequently and have never had a problem.  I know a few friends and coworkers who also purchase from them and I have never heard of a complaint.  

You could try contacting them and asking if they would take a phone order or mail order.  I've never looked into that, myself.