Author Topic: Ko/pi For Windows - Error Message  (Read 6573 times)

handheld-linux

• View Profile
    • http://www.handheld-linux.com
Ko/pi For Windows - Error Message
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:58:43 am »
One of our customers has tried and gets this error message:
I've tried to install KO/PI on the PC (running XP) having both copied qt-mt334.dll (www.dll-files.com) from the zip file and using qt-win-opensourse-4.2.3-mingw.exe from www.pyqwt.sourseforge.net and I still get the error message:

"The procedure entry point ? minimumSizeHint@Qwidget@@UBE?AVGSize could not be located in the dynamic link library qt-mt334.dll.".

The error message made no hits in google.
Any hints? Ideas?

Thank you very much,
Nikolaus Schaller
The Handheld-Linux Shop

Chero

• View Profile
    • http://users.telenet.be/zaurususer/Chero
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 12:16:56 pm »
I've tried to install KO/PI on the PC (running XP) having both copied qt-mt334.dll (www.dll-files.com) from the zip file and using qt-win-opensourse-4.2.3-mingw.exe from www.pyqwt.sourseforge.net and I still get the error message:

"The procedure entry point ? minimumSizeHint@Qwidget@@UBE?AVGSize could not be located in the dynamic link library qt-mt334.dll.".

Any hints? Ideas?

Thank you very much,
Nikolaus Schaller
The Handheld-Linux Shop
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167941\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Use these instead.
Place them in the dir where you have kopi.exe
HP-95LX -> HP Jornada 680 -> SL-C860 -> SL-C3100 -> Fuji u810 -> SL-C1000 -> HTC uni -> SL-C860 -> SL-C760.
March 12 2009 : Back because the Zaurus is one of a kind.
SL-C760 : pdaXrom
Pandora pre-ordered -> received and tested : great device but not my cup of tea -> sold.

tux

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 12:22:50 pm »

Any hints? Ideas?

Thank you very much,
Nikolaus Schaller
The Handheld-Linux Shop
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167941\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I get the impression that your customer is trying to provide the dll files required for kdepimpi to run on XP  by himself?  

He should be able to install the program on XP by following the instructions available in the notes at Sourceforge and using the dll files provided there.

There are, speaking from hazy memory, two sets of files. One is the zip file with the kdepimpi apps and there is another zip file which contains all the needed dll files for the apps to work with XP.

He would need to select the Sourceforge page option to see all the files released and look for the dll zip.

I'm pretty sure that is all he needs to do.  

There is more than one required dll file!

PS I posted in parallel: I'm sure that the attached files in the previous post by Chero will do the job.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:25:17 pm by tux »
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

Chero

• View Profile
    • http://users.telenet.be/zaurususer/Chero
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 02:07:49 pm »

Any hints? Ideas?

Thank you very much,
Nikolaus Schaller
The Handheld-Linux Shop
I get the impression that your customer is trying to provide the dll files required for kdepimpi to run on XP  by himself?  

He should be able to install the program on XP by following the instructions available in the notes at Sourceforge and using the dll files provided there.

There are, speaking from hazy memory, two sets of files. One is the zip file with the kdepimpi apps and there is another zip file which contains all the needed dll files for the apps to work with XP.

He would need to select the Sourceforge page option to see all the files released and look for the dll zip.

I'm pretty sure that is all he needs to do.  

There is more than one required dll file!

PS I posted in parallel: I'm sure that the attached files in the previous post by Chero will do the job.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167950\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Your comments are correct as well  
HP-95LX -> HP Jornada 680 -> SL-C860 -> SL-C3100 -> Fuji u810 -> SL-C1000 -> HTC uni -> SL-C860 -> SL-C760.
March 12 2009 : Back because the Zaurus is one of a kind.
SL-C760 : pdaXrom
Pandora pre-ordered -> received and tested : great device but not my cup of tea -> sold.