Author Topic: Titchy On All Clamshell-models  (Read 16564 times)

snk4ever

• View Profile
Titchy On All Clamshell-models
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2007, 06:24:03 am »
Quote from: ZDevil
I am going to put the bits in this thread together into one coherent howto (installation procedure for all C-series models) during the weekend.

Thanks   , this is what I miss to be able to try on my C760. Then I'll report the results !

dsteuer

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2007, 09:06:58 am »
I am going to put the bits in this thread together into one coherent howto (installation procedure for all C-series models) during the weekend.

Ahh, what an announcement! I'll keep re-checking here every few hours!
BIG 'Thank you!'

detlef

apink

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2007, 09:02:53 pm »

Beta 3 has been working and stable for me for over a year now.  But this may just be the thing to get me to update my os.  Much appreciated.
--current use--
linux chroot on top of lineage  on cell phone

--past handhelds--
pandora
ben nanonote
zaurus sl-c1000

citro

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2007, 12:18:09 am »
Hi,

Reporting success installing on a C700    , but I'm having trouble connecting my my wireless card Dlink DCF-660W on debian. It was working while in Angstrom.  

Can somebody tell me how to configure the network card?

Thanks...
SL-C700 = Altbooting Angstrom 2.6.21 on nand and Debian EABI Filesystem on SD with 178MB Swap on second SD partition.
SL-C3200 = Running debian EABI from the microdrive / kernel Angstrom 2.6.23 / Sid
D-Link DCF-660W Wireless card
Linksys WCF12 wireless card (working issues)
1GB CF Microdrive
1GB Lexar SD Card
128MB Lexar SD Card

ZDevil

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2007, 04:19:57 am »
Have you installed the udev package? Also make sure that you have the correct settings in: /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/resolv.conf.
What does dmesg say when you plug in the card?

Life is too precious for hacking *too much*
Visit my Z screencap gallery[/color]
My EeePC 701 Black = Debian (Lenny) on IceRocks + Transcend SDHC Class6 8GB + 2GB RAM
My Zaurus SL-C3200 = Debian EABI (kernel 2.6.24.3-yonggun) on a swapped internal Sandisk Extreme III CF 16gb
My Debian EABI feed: http://matrixmen.free.fr/zaurus/debian/
My OpenBSD/Zaurus feeds:  Link1, Link2
[/i][/font][/color][/size]

citro

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2007, 08:35:47 pm »
Have you installed the udev package? Also make sure that you have the correct settings in: /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/resolv.conf.
What does dmesg say when you plug in the card?

Wireless connection is working now !!!!       I was missing configuration lines on interfaces.

Installed titchy-desktop however the touchscreen is rotated 90 degrees. If I move the pen on "X" the cursor moves on "Y" and viceversa.  

When I ran exec /etc/init.d/xdm start I noticed that just before opening the X server the text terminal rotates 90 degrees. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the problem and how to fix it. Any ideas?

Regards....

Citro
SL-C700 = Altbooting Angstrom 2.6.21 on nand and Debian EABI Filesystem on SD with 178MB Swap on second SD partition.
SL-C3200 = Running debian EABI from the microdrive / kernel Angstrom 2.6.23 / Sid
1GB CF Microdrive
1GB Lexar SD Card
128MB Lexar SD Card

ZDevil

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2007, 10:56:15 pm »
@citro: My C860 also ran into the same problem with the stylus pointer when running of titchy-desktop (xfce4) for the first time. Just delete /etc/ts.conf and restart X to recalibrate the pointer. That works for me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:57:20 pm by ZDevil »

Life is too precious for hacking *too much*
Visit my Z screencap gallery[/color]
My EeePC 701 Black = Debian (Lenny) on IceRocks + Transcend SDHC Class6 8GB + 2GB RAM
My Zaurus SL-C3200 = Debian EABI (kernel 2.6.24.3-yonggun) on a swapped internal Sandisk Extreme III CF 16gb
My Debian EABI feed: http://matrixmen.free.fr/zaurus/debian/
My OpenBSD/Zaurus feeds:  Link1, Link2
[/i][/font][/color][/size]

citro

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2007, 01:53:41 pm »
@citro: My C860 also ran into the same problem with the stylus pointer when running of titchy-desktop (xfce4) for the first time. Just delete /etc/ts.conf and restart X to recalibrate the pointer. That works for me.

I deleted ts.conf, then did Ctrl+Alt+Del and once X restarted automatically the problem self corrected.    Thanks a lot ZDevil for all your help.

On a diffeent subject.... the zaurus-hardware-support.deb file for the debian Titchy webpage... that one is suposed to be for C3x00 right? and I think Kuro's C3x00 image that we used for C7x0/C860 on SD has them already installed. If so, would there be some hardware issues. At least I remember seeing an error message while booting about the spitz sound module not loading succesfully however I know sound doesn't work 100% on C3x00 either so I'm not sure if the error is unique to my C700. What else is different between the 3 digit (C7x0/C860) and 4 digit (C1000/C3x00) zaurus with regards to hardware and how can I get the appropiate hardware support, if really applicable?

thanks....

Citro
1GB CF Microdrive
1GB Lexar SD Card
128MB Lexar SD Card

Chero

• View Profile
    • http://users.telenet.be/zaurususer/Chero
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2007, 03:04:56 pm »
Quote from: citro

I deleted ts.conf, then did Ctrl+Alt+Del and once X restarted automatically the problem self corrected.    Thanks a lot ZDevil for all your help.

On a diffeent subject.... the zaurus-hardware-support.deb file for the debian Titchy webpage... that one is suposed to be for C3x00 right? and I think Kuro's C3x00 image that we used for C7x0/C860 on SD has them already installed. If so, would there be some hardware issues. At least I remember seeing an error message while booting about the spitz sound module not loading succesfully however I know sound doesn't work 100% on C3x00 either so I'm not sure if the error is unique to my C700. What else is different between the 3 digit (C7x0/C860) and 4 digit (C1000/C3x00) zaurus with regards to hardware and how can I get the appropiate hardware support, if really applicable?

thanks....

Citro

If you copy the /lib/modules/2.6.xx from angstrom (nand) to debian (sd) then there shouldn't be any issues.
(replace xx with the right number according to the kernel you are using, when you don't know that : use "uname -a" and it will be listed).

Chero.
HP-95LX -> HP Jornada 680 -> SL-C860 -> SL-C3100 -> Fuji u810 -> SL-C1000 -> HTC uni -> SL-C860 -> SL-C760.
March 12 2009 : Back because the Zaurus is one of a kind.
SL-C760 : pdaXrom
Pandora pre-ordered -> received and tested : great device but not my cup of tea -> sold.

sjaglin

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2007, 05:25:18 am »
Hi,

I am the proud owner of a SL-C860 and a Collie , I currently run cacko roms (1.23). I would like to try some newer distros and am amazed by what you lot are up to. It seems quite complicated though and I would like to try a bit before investing time into changing distro altogether, I use my z for work quite a bit and I want it to deliver what I need fairly quickly (impatient consummer!).

So, is there a beginners guide to Angstrom or Debian on z, all I can find is stuff which seems quite hairy to me! Or, even better, is there somewhere a NAND od either these distros that I could load on my Z to give it a go?

Thanks, I realise it's a bit cheeky to ask a quick solution but I ve been googling for an hour and nothing seems quite like an A to Z to recent Z distros,

Stef
Asus M2NPV-VM // HD SATA 160Gb + SATA 320Gb // 1Gb DDRII Ram // Gigabyte 6800GT 256MB
Multi boot Mandriva 2006//2007.1// Winxp
Zaurus SL-5500 with sharp 3.13 ROM 1Gb sdcard and wifi// SL-C860 Cacko 1.23 WiFI 1Gb SD and 512MB CF
Interest : Quake4, X2 and X3, Oblivion, Dark Star One,Photography...

jpmatrix

• View Profile
    • http://matrixmen.free.fr
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2007, 05:30:58 am »
Quote from: sjaglin
Hi,

I am the proud owner of a SL-C860 and a Collie , I currently run cacko roms (1.23). I would like to try some newer distros and am amazed by what you lot are up to. It seems quite complicated though and I would like to try a bit before investing time into changing distro altogether, I use my z for work quite a bit and I want it to deliver what I need fairly quickly (impatient consummer!).

So, is there a beginners guide to Angstrom or Debian on z, all I can find is stuff which seems quite hairy to me! Or, even better, is there somewhere a NAND od either these distros that I could load on my Z to give it a go?

Thanks, I realise it's a bit cheeky to ask a quick solution but I ve been googling for an hour and nothing seems quite like an A to Z to recent Z distros,

Stef

best starting place to install Debian on you Zaurus is the wiki :

https://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Debian...eries_models%29

this forum is debian specific
for angstrom have a look on www.angstrom-distribution.org
**Fujitsu U1010 !!!  
**ex-Zaurus SL-C3000 owner with Debian kernel 2.6.24-yonggun