Author Topic: Angstrom Status On Tosa  (Read 54491 times)

ant

• View Profile
    • http://
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 07:46:16 am »
>I replaced my copies of:
>the only notable difference appears to be not checking out the stable/2009 branch.

Yes...the fixes are only in .dev branch at the moment.

A patch for .stable branch is expected very soon.

Regards

Ant

AsLan^

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 04:44:16 am »
Okay, two more problems have arisen...

1. Building base-image or console-image fails at the wlan-ng packages. Here is the log for wlan-ng modules.

NOTE: make CC=ccache arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv5te -mtune=xscale -mno-thumb-interwork -mno-thumb LD=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld PARALLEL_MAKE= -C src all
make: Entering directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src'
set -e; for d in mkmeta shared p80211 prism2; do make WLAN_SRC=/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/ -C $d ; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/mkmeta'
mkdir -p obj
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/mkmeta'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/shared'
Nothing to do...
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/shared'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/p80211'
make -C /home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-2.6.29-r4/linux-2.6.29 M='/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/p80211' WLAN_SRC=/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/ modules
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** /home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-2.6.29-r4/linux-2.6.29: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src/p80211'
make: *** [all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/fredrick/oe/angstrom-dev/work/tosa-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/wlan-ng-modules-0.2.8+svnr1859-r0/trunk/src'
FATAL: oe_runmake failed

It appears to be a file not found error but I haven't modified the tree at all and I did a "git pull" before building.

2. Two kernels were built (2.6.24-r13 and 2.6.29-r5) as well as updater.sh.tosa. Only 2.6.24-r13 can be flashed using updater.sh.tosa, 2.6.29-r5 gives the error message that the file is too big. This is a problem because as you know, the reason I am trying to get this all up and running is so I can take a shot at installing Android and I believe Android requires a 2.6.25 or higher kernel to work.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:47:20 am by AsLan^ »
doublethink.

undrwater

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2009, 02:13:30 pm »
I asked on the mailing list, but didn't get a reply so I thought I'd ask here.

All of the 2008.x images in the autobuild dir are gone, and only kexec images are there.  I have used the narcissus images in the past successfully to boot Angstrom with either Opie or x11 for Tosa (via SD w/ kexec kernel).  Lately the images have not been completing the configuration of kernel modules.  In particular, kernel-module-zlib-inflate gets stuck (can't get past it - Tosa requires a reset).

I'm curious if anyone is still doing kernel dev for the tosa (it was lumaq {letic?}).  Is there any way to follow development if it is still going on?  I love the device, and I'd love to continue using it if I can.

Thanks,

Russell Dwiggins

cortez

• View Profile
    • http://www.omegamoon.com
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2009, 04:43:48 pm »
Kernel development is still actively done, and can be followed on the linux-arm-kernel mailing list.
I'll try to build 2.6.31 for Tosa tomorrow... promise made!
My Tosa has been sitting in the drawer for much too long. let's see how this works out  

Cheers,
cortez

Quote from: undrwater
I asked on the mailing list, but didn't get a reply so I thought I'd ask here.

All of the 2008.x images in the autobuild dir are gone, and only kexec images are there.  I have used the narcissus images in the past successfully to boot Angstrom with either Opie or x11 for Tosa (via SD w/ kexec kernel).  Lately the images have not been completing the configuration of kernel modules.  In particular, kernel-module-zlib-inflate gets stuck (can't get past it - Tosa requires a reset).

I'm curious if anyone is still doing kernel dev for the tosa (it was lumaq {letic?}).  Is there any way to follow development if it is still going on?  I love the device, and I'd love to continue using it if I can.

Thanks,

Russell Dwiggins
[div align=\"center\"]== == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
www.omegamoon.com
Zaurus SL-C750 - Died in a dreadful coffee experiment, has a second life somewhere in the Czech Republic
Zaurus SL-C1000 - Multiboot Zubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Poky, Android and others
Zaurus SL-C3100 - Development device, currently Zubuntu 2.0
Zaurus SL-6000L - The fridge is running Zubuntu 1.0
Zaurus SL-C860 - Cacko, untouched since kindly donated, waiting for Zubuntu
== == == == == == == == == == == == == ==[/div]

undrwater

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2009, 07:08:31 pm »
Thanks Cortez, you're a major asset to this community!

Does this mean Zubuntu might follow shortly?? *nudge*

cortez

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 02:06:30 am »
Small update: the multiboot kernel is working, but starting the 2.6.31-rc3 kernel results in a black screen on startup. I'll check the kernel configuration again later to see if I mis-configured something, and give it another try.
www.omegamoon.com
Zaurus SL-C750 - Died in a dreadful coffee experiment, has a second life somewhere in the Czech Republic

cortez

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2009, 12:31:32 pm »
Another small update: somehow the 2.6.31 kernel still doesn't work, so I tried 2.6.29. I now have Zubuntu working... at least partly. Fonts are displayed scrambled, and touchscreen doesn't seem to work. So a beginning is made, but there's still work to do.
www.omegamoon.com

cortez

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2009, 10:12:32 am »
A bigger update and a request for help to all off you can be found on my blog here.
www.omegamoon.com

undrwater

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2009, 05:04:09 pm »
I'm on my way to trying it, but just a quick note on extracting the rootfs onto an SD:
A lot of
Code: [Select]
Cannot create symlink to `': Operation not permittedtype errors.

More later...

cortez

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2009, 05:07:53 pm »
I'm on my way to trying it, but just a quick note on extracting the rootfs onto an SD:
A lot of
Code: [Select]
Cannot create symlink to `': Operation not permittedtype errors.

More later...
Make sure you use "sudo tar -zxpf achive.tar.gz" to make sure you have the right permissions. This is important!
www.omegamoon.com

undrwater

• View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2009, 06:42:41 pm »
Turned out to be a bad mount.  Created new topic (Zubuntu isn't angstrom, is it?)

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Angstrom Status On Tosa
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2009, 07:01:47 pm »
Thanks Cortez, you're a major asset to this community!

Does this mean Zubuntu might follow shortly?? *nudge*

I agree 100%. I might be somewhat quiet of late due to busyness, but I still read the updates avidly. I've bought a dremel in the hope I can grind off the broken ram chip in one of my tosas and solder a fresh one on!
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.