Author Topic: Question - Make Bootable Image Of Tiny Linux  (Read 1787 times)

scottlfa

• View Profile
    • http://
Question - Make Bootable Image Of Tiny Linux
« on: December 29, 2007, 09:56:14 pm »
Is it possible to make a bootable image of this for the flash (nand)?  If it could boot from the same kernel as 2ro0's then it would make the perfect companion too the distro.  With tweaking it would make a grand emergency recovery option for those Z's running debian.

Ideally if it could be the rootfs, flashed along with 2ro0's kernel.  Bootable from the mtd like pdaxrom etc ... I ramble

May require kernel tweaking ... its 2.4.20 as it present base.

Just an idea
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 06:24:52 pm by speculatrix »
"So there I was, spitting on my goldfish trying to keep it alive ..."
---------------------------------------------------------------< O >-------------------------------------------------------
Viliv N5 [Debian]
Acer One Running OSX 10.5.7 [Dell 3190 & Ram Upgraded]
SL-C1000 [ZUbuntu], JasJar [WM 6.5], Nokia N900, and Samsung Galaxy S 4G.
Sony Ux280P [Kbuntu 10.4 Lucid], PsP Go and DSi

judecn

• View Profile
Question - Make Bootable Image Of Tiny Linux
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 12:44:08 am »
I think it's theoretically possible, but the software for that distro seems...dated (2005-ish).  I think you could install OpenZaurus or Angstrom or Debian and get the same software packages (or equivalent replacements--I'm not sure any of them still have Netscape as a package, for example ).  Angstrom is close to producing a stable release, and its default install is pretty small (~20 MB?) if you get the console image.

Personally, I run Debian EABI off of a 4 GB SDHC card, but I boot Angstrom on internal Flash as a backup.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 12:45:40 am by judecn »