Author Topic: Want Kernel Headers And Gcc For Opie 3.5.4 Aircrack-ng Use  (Read 11047 times)

Allelectrix

• View Profile
    • http://
Want Kernel Headers And Gcc For Opie 3.5.4 Aircrack-ng Use
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:20:19 pm »
Hi everyone,

Hope your all well ;-)

OK - want to do a few things with my collie:

a) want to run aircrack-ng with packet injection
 want kernel headers for kernel:  

2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix-3.5.4

c) need gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (or above) installed on 5500 to compile a required modification
    to hostap drivers, which involves compiling with the kernel.

this is why, this is what aircrack-ng say:

Nearly all drivers (that can support injection) needs to be patched to support injection in Monitor mode.
You will need the following to compile drivers:

Linux kernel headers that match your current running kernel.
      The same gcc version that was used to compile your kernel. At least make sure that the first two version numbers or the compiler are thesame (e.g. it's OK to use gcc 3.4.6 to compile the driver if the kernel was compiled by gcc 3.4.2). Ignoring this rule will cause Invalid module format errors during module load. That can be checked via /proc/version.

so, to recap, I need gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (or above) installed, and 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix-3.5.4 kernel headers.

If anyone has a working copy of the aircrack-ng suite working on a SL-5500, can I copy your installation ? - perhaps you would be
kind enough to make a zImage and an initrid.bin of your installation ? - this would save me a whole pile of problems, as I am
new to Linux. I would also like to learn how to make those 2 files.

If not, I need a feed source to download the needed software - does anyone have any links or recommendations ? do you have old copies
of that software ? - can you send me a copy ?

please feel free to email me here at: allelectrix2@yahoo.co.uk

I know gcc is a big installation, so, if you have cramfs files that will run gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (or above) from an SD Card
im definitely interested in that. if not, can someone teach me how to install gcc from a tarball and then make a cramfs of it ?

look forward to your replies ;-)

all the best to you all, allelectrix

'Electric Blue - Power of the Universe'
SL-C1000 running PdaXii13
Edimax EW-7318USg rt73 Chipset USB 802.11 g/b Wifi
ASPj Source Code rt73.o 2.4.20 kernel module with monitor + packet injection capability
Aircrack-ng 0.9
Miniature USB 2.0 Hub that attaches to rear of screen comfortably using velcro
2 x 500mA 12v DC - 5v DC Converters powering the USB Hub, WiFi Card and the Computer
12v DC 7Ah Sealed Lead Acid Rechargeable Cell powering the DC to DC Convertors

BarryW

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 05:06:37 pm »
Quote from: Allelectrix
Hi everyone,

Hope your all well ;-)

OK - want to do a few things with my collie:

a) want to run aircrack-ng with packet injection
 want kernel headers for kernel:  

2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix-3.5.4

c) need gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (or above) installed on 5500 to compile a required modification
    to hostap drivers, which involves compiling with the kernel.

this is why, this is what aircrack-ng say:

Nearly all drivers (that can support injection) needs to be patched to support injection in Monitor mode.
You will need the following to compile drivers:

Linux kernel headers that match your current running kernel.
      The same gcc version that was used to compile your kernel. At least make sure that the first two version numbers or the compiler are thesame (e.g. it's OK to use gcc 3.4.6 to compile the driver if the kernel was compiled by gcc 3.4.2). Ignoring this rule will cause Invalid module format errors during module load. That can be checked via /proc/version.

so, to recap, I need gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (or above) installed, and 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix-3.5.4 kernel headers.

If anyone has a working copy of the aircrack-ng suite working on a SL-5500, can I copy your installation ? - perhaps you would be
kind enough to make a zImage and an initrid.bin of your installation ? - this would save me a whole pile of problems, as I am
new to Linux. I would also like to learn how to make those 2 files.

If not, I need a feed source to download the needed software - does anyone have any links or recommendations ? do you have old copies
of that software ? - can you send me a copy ?

please feel free to email me here at: allelectrix2@yahoo.co.uk

I know gcc is a big installation, so, if you have cramfs files that will run gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (or above) from an SD Card
im definitely interested in that. if not, can someone teach me how to install gcc from a tarball and then make a cramfs of it ?

look forward to your replies ;-)

all the best to you all, allelectrix

'Electric Blue - Power of the Universe'

Uhh, Android really isn't working enough now as it is.
What's this button do??

C3100
Distro changes almost weekly...

C3200
Distro also changes almost weekly...  :)

Hardware hacks and stuff.

Allelectrix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:04:36 pm »
OOPS GUYS! beginners mistake! ... this post should not be in here! ... ADMIN: Please remove, Appologies everyone, Allelectrix
SL-C1000 running PdaXii13
Edimax EW-7318USg rt73 Chipset USB 802.11 g/b Wifi
ASPj Source Code rt73.o 2.4.20 kernel module with monitor + packet injection capability
Aircrack-ng 0.9
Miniature USB 2.0 Hub that attaches to rear of screen comfortably using velcro
2 x 500mA 12v DC - 5v DC Converters powering the USB Hub, WiFi Card and the Computer
12v DC 7Ah Sealed Lead Acid Rechargeable Cell powering the DC to DC Convertors