Author Topic: Gcc  (Read 5642 times)

AeroSigma

• View Profile
Gcc
« on: August 07, 2008, 07:30:58 pm »
I've got an SL-6000 running the Sharp ROM on Tetsu's Kernel, and I need gcc.  I've tried installing zgcc2 I've followed directions for zgcc elswhere, I've tried zgcc from pdaXrom, none of them have worked.  Can anyone point me to a simple way to get a c compiler on my zaurus?  I'm not trying to compile big awsome applications to run on my Z, I don't need make or ./configure, I just want to be able to compile and run simple self-coded programs while I'm learning C. Can anyone help me out here?

-AeroSigma
SL-6000L - Sharp ROM
Tetsu's Kernel

jfv

• View Profile
Gcc
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:57:55 pm »
Maybe somebody could compile tcc. Unfortunately I can't at the moment.
SL 5000 D  and C860 Sharp ROM
Too many accessories...

AeroSigma

• View Profile
Gcc
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 10:51:15 am »
That would be nice, but thier website seems to indeicate that tcc "generates x86 code" and I would need ARM code to run on my Zaurus, right?
SL-6000L - Sharp ROM
Tetsu's Kernel

jfv

• View Profile
Gcc
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:24:45 pm »
You are probably right. I didn't read the whole thing.
Too many accessories...

jfv

• View Profile
Gcc
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 05:49:45 pm »
Here is something else that might work tinycc but the README seems seems to be missing some essential info.
Too many accessories...

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
    • http://
Gcc
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 11:26:37 pm »
Well, if you're using pdaXrom, the ZGCC squash-/cramfs should work fine, provided you followed the instructions for setting it up.

Just mounting it under Cacko/Sharp SHOULD work, but you'd need to edit your PATH with whatever additional stuff pdaX has (maybe somebody with a beta 1 setup could post it...). I thought there was a Cacko GCC image floating around a long time ago, but that may have been cross-compiling stuff.

If you're using Angstrom, as your sig suggests, you should be able to just install all of the necessary stuff (ipkg install gcc ...).

HTH
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo