Author Topic: C1000 - Hw Pb With Touch Screen  (Read 9008 times)

randy11

• View Profile
C1000 - Hw Pb With Touch Screen
« on: February 28, 2010, 10:30:04 am »
Hello,
I've some troublshooting with my C1000. When I use the point to press in the screen, the action isn't recognized.

In "DEBUG MODE", there is  3 pages and in the page 3, the choice 7, there is "7. Extra Menu".
In "Extra menu" -> "1 Zaurus Test" -> "7. H Display". This option presents the character "H" or "h" on all the screen. When a place is touched, the screen commute between "H" and "h". This test is OK.

But, under Cacko, PdaXrom, the action isn't recognized. Isn't possible to make a new sceen's setup, where you press in the 4 coins of the screen.

Could you help me, to solve my problem ? A zaurus without touchscreen is too sad

Thanks a lot.

Randy
SL-C1000 / PdaXrom Beta3 - CF 2 GB PRETEC 80X  : 400MB (FAT16) & 1600MB (EXT2); SD KINGMAX Platinium : 512MB (EXT2); Cables USB HOST & PSP; Net card BUFFALO LPC-CF-CLT (10Mbit).

Jon_J

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 05:48:52 pm »
Quote from: randy11
Hello,
I've some troublshooting with my C1000. When I use the point to press in the screen, the action isn't recognized.

In "DEBUG MODE", there is  3 pages and in the page 3, the choice 7, there is "7. Extra Menu".
In "Extra menu" -> "1 Zaurus Test" -> "7. H Display". This option presents the character "H" or "h" on all the screen. When a place is touched, the screen commute between "H" and "h". This test is OK.

But, under Cacko, PdaXrom, the action isn't recognized. Isn't possible to make a new sceen's setup, where you press in the 4 coins of the screen.

Could you help me, to solve my problem ? A zaurus without touchscreen is too sad

Thanks a lot.

Randy
If you have Cacko loaded try to recalibrate the screen.
Navigate using the keyboard to the "Settings" screen. (Use the "Home" key to switch tabs to "Settings").
Next, using the arrow pad, navigate to "Recalibrate". It is self explanatory, as I just did it on my C3100.
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

randy11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 12:58:00 pm »
Hi Jon_J,

I've tried to install a Cacko, but you must "Tap" on the screen => No results.
I've also try with a PdaXrom, same result

Quote from: Jon_J
Navigate using the keyboard to the "Settings" screen. (Use the "Home" key to switch tabs to "Settings").
Next, using the arrow pad, navigate to "Recalibrate". It is self explanatory, as I just did it on my C3100.

Thanks for your reply
SL-C1000 / PdaXrom Beta3 - CF 2 GB PRETEC 80X  : 400MB (FAT16) & 1600MB (EXT2); SD KINGMAX Platinium : 512MB (EXT2); Cables USB HOST & PSP; Net card BUFFALO LPC-CF-CLT (10Mbit).

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 09:33:47 pm »
Hi Jon_J,

I've tried to install a Cacko, but you must "Tap" on the screen => No results.
I've also try with a PdaXrom, same result

Quote from: Jon_J

Thanks for your reply

From the command line, remove /etc/pointercal and run startx again.
or ts_calibrate should do the trick.

Late
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 and SL-6000L
pdaXrom Developer
Please visit pdaXrom.org for updates
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

randy11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 05:45:57 am »
Quote from: InSearchOf

Late
Hi  InSearchOf,

Under PdaXRom, I've allready remove /etc/pointercal  and run startx again : the display stay "off-line".

The screen is rougly working in DEBUG-MODE but not with an OS ...?

Thanks.

ptoki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 02:07:26 pm »
Quote from: InSearchOf

Late
Hi  InSearchOf,

Under PdaXRom, I've allready remove /etc/pointercal  and run startx again : the display stay "off-line".

The screen is rougly working in DEBUG-MODE but not with an OS ...?

Thanks.
The question is whether this test is showing good behavior of your TS.

Check if there is no sand/screen protector between screen and its bezel.
If something is there then it is constantly pressing touch screen and acting strangely.
Try to peek straight device for any data going from there when you touching TS. This will give you any idea if communication is working.

sunge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 10:55:21 pm »
My SL-C1000 has completely the same problem with randy11's.

The touch panel works fine under the GUI of debug mode(DM mode), however, it doesn't work under the PdaXrom and Sharp ROM. The problem suddenly occurred, I also don't know why.

This problem drives me crazy. I've been using my zaurus for six years, I just cannot abandon it. Please help me!

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:56:12 pm by sunge »

sunge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 09:51:12 am »
I found a solution accidentally. Just take out the battery, close the battery cover, wait for 5 minutes or more time, then re-install the battery, power on. (Sharp ROM)

But when the system suspended for hours, the touch screen will be disabled. So bad...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:06:28 pm by sunge »

ptoki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »
Quote from: sunge
I found a solution accidentally. Just take out the battery, close the battery cover, wait for 5 minutes or more time, then re-install the battery, power on. (Sharp ROM)

But when the system suspended for hours, the touch screen will be disabled. So bad...
This gives me idea that there might be an old electrolytic capacitor in there.
Electrolyte got old or leak and now it is not working proprely.
Soluion: replace it.
Problem: No idea which one it might be.

Second possibility:
There might be a broken path/solder.
Try to investigate it by giving zaurus a bit of heat before restore after some suspend period.
Just put it near raiator or under blanket with you
Or just launch it, put under load and check if touch panel will wake up.