Author Topic: Opera Keeps Crashing  (Read 4684 times)

xamindar

• View Profile
    • http://www.radnimax.com
Opera Keeps Crashing
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:10:39 am »
Lately I can not get Opera (7.30) to stay open on just about any web page. It will just randomly die on me. Sometimes while loading a page, and sometimes while I am scrolling a page. It is to the point it is unusable. I have also tried opera 7.25 and I think a 7.55 version but all have this crashing problem on my c3100.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is here? Are websites using something that causes it to crash? Is opera looking for something on my Zaurus that isn't there anymore?
SL-C3100 happily Dualbooting Japanese Rom 1.02 and Debian Eabi
Replaced internal CF with 8gb seagate cf hard drive
Ambicom CF GPS
CyberPower battery powered USB hub
D-link DCF-650W (MAN THIS THING IS HUGE!!)

deluxe

• View Profile
Opera Keeps Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:00:04 pm »
Quote from: xamindar
Lately I can not get Opera (7.30) to stay open on just about any web page. It will just randomly die on me. Sometimes while loading a page, and sometimes while I am scrolling a page. It is to the point it is unusable. I have also tried opera 7.25 and I think a 7.55 version but all have this crashing problem on my c3100.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is here? Are websites using something that causes it to crash? Is opera looking for something on my Zaurus that isn't there anymore?

My c1000 with Cacko and Opera was messing up webpages. After a reflash of the ROM it's fine again. Worth a try??
Neill Currie
Hillsborough
Nh, USA.
---------
SL-C3100, Cacko "heavy" ROM.
SL-C1000, Cacko "heavy" ROM.
A SL-5500 with TKrom.
Ambicom and Symbol CF wifi, 8gb Seagate Microdrive, <4gb Transcend SD. Assorted other digital detritus.
---------
Owner of a Nokia n810 Internet Tablet.
Also a Nokia n800, and a 4th generation iPod Touch.
---------

xamindar

• View Profile
    • http://www.radnimax.com
Opera Keeps Crashing
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:12:56 pm »
Quote from: deluxe
Quote from: xamindar

My c1000 with Cacko and Opera was messing up webpages. After a reflash of the ROM it's fine again. Worth a try??

Bleh, thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to go through reinstalling everything again and then trying to remember all the customizations that need to be done. There must be a reason for opera being so unstable. Oh well. For now I have just been using netfront and firefox despite how slow the latter is.

Maybe someday there will be a device that does all that the zaurus did. One can hope.
SL-C3100 happily Dualbooting Japanese Rom 1.02 and Debian Eabi
Replaced internal CF with 8gb seagate cf hard drive
Ambicom CF GPS
CyberPower battery powered USB hub
D-link DCF-650W (MAN THIS THING IS HUGE!!)

agosine

• View Profile
Opera Keeps Crashing
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:54:51 am »
Are there any new browsers available or that could be compiled?
SL5500 running nothing.  Will not hold a charge.  =(
C1000 running Sharp ROM