Author Topic: Installing Zubuntu  (Read 4652 times)

cschafer

• View Profile
    • http://
Installing Zubuntu
« on: February 22, 2011, 02:07:50 pm »
Hello,

I have 3100 that I am  trying to install Zubunt.  Ihave tries numerous different SD cards and everytime I boot with them it states no SD card found.  Here is the process I followed:

Format 1 4gb SD ext2, install/extract the root and desktop files to it. No issues

Format another 4 gb SD as Fat and places the Zimage.bin  and updater.sh files to it.  I boot off this SD.

What am I missing.  I have read Omegamoon website thuroughly and cannot find what I am missing.

Thank you for any comments good or bad.

Cory
Sl-C3200
Cacko 1.23
Globalstat 307 GPS
Ambicom WIFI card

apink

• View Profile
Installing Zubuntu
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:51:35 pm »
Quote from: cschafer
Hello,

I have 3100 that I am  trying to install Zubunt.  Ihave tries numerous different SD cards and everytime I boot with them it states no SD card found.

It's been a while since I installed Zubuntu though I use it daily . . .

Have you tried putting the Fat stuff on a CF card?  I don't remember the SD being formatted fat.  I do vaguely remember that the sd card was a no go in a situation where the CF worked, and perhaps it was with this initial startup stuff.

Good luck.
--current use--
linux chroot on top of lineage  on cell phone

--past handhelds--
pandora
ben nanonote
zaurus sl-c1000

cschafer

• View Profile
    • http://
Installing Zubuntu
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:02 am »
Quote from: apink
Quote from: cschafer
Hello,

I have 3100 that I am  trying to install Zubunt.  Ihave tries numerous different SD cards and everytime I boot with them it states no SD card found.

It's been a while since I installed Zubuntu though I use it daily . . .

Have you tried putting the Fat stuff on a CF card?  I don't remember the SD being formatted fat.  I do vaguely remember that the sd card was a no go in a situation where the CF worked, and perhaps it was with this initial startup stuff.

Good luck.

I have a CF card but do not have way to read or write to it.  I don't have a universal card reader or port to read it.

Do you need the fat files if you don't want the multiboot function?  Can you just do 1 sd with the desktop/root extracted to a EXT2/3 SD

Thank you for your response and help.

Cory
Sl-C3200
Cacko 1.23
Globalstat 307 GPS
Ambicom WIFI card