Author Topic: Screen protectors  (Read 42646 times)

byzantium

• View Profile
    • http://
Screen protectors
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2004, 03:09:26 am »
@tehas: you're a star! -- I'll merge the other threads into this one later today
byz
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 03:10:07 am by byzantium »

smooth

• View Profile
Screen protectors
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2004, 04:02:27 pm »
I went do the download area and downloaded the pdf as you recommended but regardless how I setup the print settings on my HP 1220 LJ it printed about 2mm all the way around smaller than the viewable area was on the screen.  It wasn't a total loss however as it inspired me to keep trying my own hand and found a size myself that did work for me. (I have a terminal case of scissors hand cramp though.) The fault was probably was in my wifes Win2k printer setup as it acts as our home networks print server.

At any rate the end product does NOT float around the screen and has zero dust particles trapped underneath.  It is perfectly responsive to the stylus...seems to actually make tapping easier than before.  If anyone is interested I used a transparency sheet of Office Depot Black and White copier transparancies.  It was the best brand I could find that didn't have noticeable yellow or grey tinting or subtle streaks in the manufacturing finish. It also reduces glare a LOT, not sure if its an anti-glare component or if I was just lucky.  Either way I'm breathing a LOT easier knowing my screen is safe.

* A special thanks to Donna, my sister who aided me in this two hour long struggle - thanks sweets! *

-NeuroShock
I just used my school's laser printer and ended up with the same results.

oh well. I'll live with a line for now. If you have a copy of your solution, that would be much appreciated. Also, if someone does come up with a new template, it would be nice to have the lines be where the cuts are supposed to be made. Either that, or two lines (like an outer dotted line for the cuts).

smooth

• View Profile
Screen protectors
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2004, 04:25:48 pm »
I like NuShield.

In this instance, I don't.  Granted, it's not billed as being for the 6K, but it is billed as being for the Tosh e800.  Unlike the G2, the NuShields have a slight narrowing at top and bottom, with a wider area in the center.  The center area fits, but there are tiny, sliver-sized gaps along the lateral edges at the top and bottom--very bad for a non-adhesive SP that will trap dust underneath and sandpaper your screen! :x
So is the G2 for the tosh e800 the one to get?
How has the quality and feel been since you've been using it for months.

G2 still doesn't have 6K listed.

bgsfh

• View Profile
Screen protectors
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2004, 10:45:52 pm »
I ordered one of the JAVOScreen screen protectors from JAVOedge when I got my Javobud earphones.  I ordered the protector for the Toshiba e550G.  I works great after trimming about 1 mm from a short side.  I hope this helps someone.
Klaatu, Barada, nuuuuu.   necktie? nocturne? neptune?     Definitly an N word . . . .

SL-6000L stock rom,
Lexar 1GB SD, Hitichi 4GB Microdrive, Expansion sled,
Targus IR keyboard, Archos AV 340 w camcorder
SL-5500 cacko 0/64 rom, and a bunch of stuff I haven't
touched since I got the 6k

freshroastedpeanut

• View Profile
Screen protectors
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2004, 06:22:29 pm »
I took up the earlier advice and chopped up a clear overhead foil for the screen- making it 1-2mm larger than the screen real-estate lets it slip under the case nicely. I also chopped off a corner at 45 degrees so I could later get at the sucker easily, so far it is working great.

Not having had my fill of basic scissors usage for the day, I also chopped up a cover for the clear screen flip-cover and taped it on- so far I had left on the clear adhesive-backed protector that came on it, but it wasn't really that clear and was starting to peel...

Cheers, JJ

vputz

• View Profile
Screen protectors
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2004, 10:20:59 pm »
I'll add my name to the list of those who sacrificed a brave sheet of overhead projector acetate in the name of screen protection... a slightly-too-big rectangle with snips off each corner to ease installation (which was still a bit of a battle).  But now--clear, clean, cheap, and zero exposed screen (getting it OFF is a bit of a bother, I discovered, but it's doable if your fingertips are clean and slightly damp so they "grab" the acetate).

Good stuff.

-->VPutz

smooth

• View Profile
Screen protectors
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2005, 03:03:03 pm »
I like NuShield.

In this instance, I don't.  Granted, it's not billed as being for the 6K, but it is billed as being for the Tosh e800.  Unlike the G2, the NuShields have a slight narrowing at top and bottom, with a wider area in the center.  The center area fits, but there are tiny, sliver-sized gaps along the lateral edges at the top and bottom--very bad for a non-adhesive SP that will trap dust underneath and sandpaper your screen! :x
So is the G2 for the tosh e800 the one to get?
How has the quality and feel been since you've been using it for months.

G2 still doesn't have 6K listed.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=56565\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

So I went ahead and ordered the G2 for the e800.
Hopefully that will fit.

I forgot to come back and report my results: the G2 was a perfect fit. I like the surface's grip on the tip of the stylus and I feel more comfortable using the stylus than a bare screen.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 09:13:43 pm by smooth »

undrwater

• View Profile
Screen protectors
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2005, 01:42:25 pm »
I installed a G2 on my 5500 by opening the case and placing it directly on the screen. (I think the G2 i got was the wrong one...)

Has anyone attempted to open the hardware of their 6000?

seed

• View Profile
Screen protectors
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2005, 04:04:50 pm »
i am looking for the exim screen protector , they said to be very goog, anyone know i can get them , i am in canada ? is there a better screen protector for the sl6000l
contact me at souldadguy2@hotmail.com

telemetric_au

• View Profile
    • http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/contribs/telemetric/index.htm
Screen protectors
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2006, 10:20:44 pm »
just got a couple of the cheapest PSP 4 layer screen protectors off ebay for $2au each

they're great, except i didnt trim the first one small enough and apon removing it and trying to trim it again i got dust on the sticky silicone side (but not adhesive with these ones) and that was the end of that one.

so the second one was trimmed correctly now that i noticed a thin black strip on the left side of the 5500 lcd that i didnt notice before

got it on there ok, but got a couple of bits of dust that cause bubbles which you cant move...

so left it on, it'll do for now, so can get a feel for it, then if i like ill order some more, and this time do it in the bathroom after running the hot shower for some time to create steam and a dust free environment as recommended by someone in another thread...

peace.
Collie w/ pdaxrom & Puppy OS w/ cross-sdk
Hawking HCF686TX 10/100, Ambicom 802.11b (WL1100C-CF), Xircom 56K Global CF
Kingston CF Elite Pro & SD 1Gb & 128mb for flashing
$2 screen protector, collie.pdaxrom.feed : my collie pdaxrom site