Author Topic: SL-C7X0 Annoyances: Any Solutions?  (Read 2513 times)

nontrivial

• View Profile
    • http://james.nontrivial.org
SL-C7X0 Annoyances: Any Solutions?
« on: November 02, 2003, 11:37:03 am »
Howdy Folks,

I got my C750 from Ebay, and the previous owner got it from Dynamism. To make a long, sad story short, I was messing around with VNC and killed the little guy. I had to do a hard reset, but I found a nice website and I would say for the most part it is better than it was before. With three minor, annoying exceptions, and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas about how do deal with them. Dynamism wants $35 before they will even talk to me even though it is still under warranty.

1) In some lists (like install new package and open image file) all entries
     are listed twice, but everything seems to work OK.
 2) In some applications like the contact manager, when I start to type it
     does \"funky stuff\". But all I have to do is push the japanese labeled
     key next to the space key all is well, and the icon in the tray goes
     from some japanese symbol to the letter A.
 3) I can\'t get zmame to work anymore.

My number one feature request would be (after fixing #2 above) to be able to remap the two japanese labeled keys next to the space bar to CTRL and ALT. Does anybody have any ideas with that?

I will continue to look for answers, but I am hoping for some short cuts. :-)

James

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 03:05:45 pm »
1) You may have duplicate files on SD,CF and internal flash.  Those lists search all those mediums.

2) Moving to the Cacko ROM should ease your pain as it claims to be japanese language free (the button probably was to change to the different japanese fonts ie kanji)

3) can\'t help you

4) there is something called keyhelper from one of the japanese sites (there should should be mention of it on ZUG, devnet or the externe site).  I believe people have been mapping ctl and alt to those keys.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 01:05:35 pm »
Anyone know how to use keyhelper? I can\'t figure it out but I have keyhelperconf and keyhelper ipks both installed. I just don\'t know what to do with the xml config file... any help much appreciated thanks

zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 05:55:09 pm »
Is there any way to get the screen to automatically switch off after a certain amount of idle time, like in the X11 ROM?  I\'m using cacko 1.17 on SL750. I looked at the light & power app but it only has the option of a screensaver which seems to be broken, because I only get a blank grey screen when the screensaver starts.

Foxdie

• View Profile
    • http://trackmygps.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 05:20:44 am »
Zaphod do you find that your C750 with Cacko rom crashes (qtopia restarts and you\'re presented with the set date dialog) roughly about the same time your screensaver starts?
Jason "Foxdie" Gaunt
HTC Universal G4 with 2GB SD card running Debian Titchy Linux
[img]http://trackmygps.co.uk/signatures/foxdie.gif\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]
Click image to view my GPS tracker
Follow me on Twitter: @jasongaunt