Author Topic: Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)  (Read 19205 times)

SimonL

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2018, 10:33:31 am »
Quote from: jutleys
OK for uk you should start getting shipping emails soon if anyone gets one please post here thank you all and goodluck.

Yes, please do let us know when you get a dispatch notification, UK backers!

depscribe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2018, 12:47:01 pm »
Quote from: Carl Johnson
Got mine 3 days ago and am typing this reply with it.

Flashed rooted image immediately after I got the unit, and used magisk as root manager as recommended by Planet C.

Then flashed TWRP and Installed systemless xposed framework from there.

Later installed the force immersive module to get rid of the status bar and soft keys.

This device is smaller than I imagined in a good way and I learnt to touch type on the keyboard in 3 days.

This device is just amazing, so please be patient guys, it's well worth the wait.
Pretty remarkable gadget, isn't it.

As I was setting mine up -- an ongoing process, but I'm spending all my time in Linux -- I glanced over at my expensive and much larger ThinkPad that's just a few years old and realized the Gemini is much more of a computer than the ThinkPad is. (Though I would give a great deal for Gemini to have a TrackPoint mouse nubbins.) This thing is one cool little 'puter.
dep

Atari Portfolio (yes, it still works and yes, I bought it new)
Libretto 110 CT (with docking station and all kinds of PCMCIA stuff)
And, now, a Gemini and, fortunately, a GPD Pocket

Carl Johnson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2018, 01:59:48 pm »
Quote from: depscribe
Quote from: Carl Johnson
Got mine 3 days ago and am typing this reply with it.

Flashed rooted image immediately after I got the unit, and used magisk as root manager as recommended by Planet C.

Then flashed TWRP and Installed systemless xposed framework from there.

Later installed the force immersive module to get rid of the status bar and soft keys.

This device is smaller than I imagined in a good way and I learnt to touch type on the keyboard in 3 days.

This device is just amazing, so please be patient guys, it's well worth the wait.
Pretty remarkable gadget, isn't it.

As I was setting mine up -- an ongoing process, but I'm spending all my time in Linux -- I glanced over at my expensive and much larger ThinkPad that's just a few years old and realized the Gemini is much more of a computer than the ThinkPad is. (Though I would give a great deal for Gemini to have a TrackPoint mouse nubbins.) This thing is one cool little 'puter.
A must have gadget. Design wise even better than my nmb12 in some aspect, like the 2nd USBC port, decent amount of key travel, and the best part it's pocketable. It's one of a kind.
I know the android with gms is not FOSS but I've chose convenience over freedom. Hope someday I could be capable of making the leap.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:03:55 pm by Carl Johnson »

galodoido

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2018, 11:12:27 am »
Hi.
Is there an invoice inside the box of your GEMINI you received ? Because it is a gift to a friend and I will resend to him. If there is an invoice I will have to open and remove invoice. Thank you again

----

edited by moderator to remove excessive irrelevant quoted text
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 12:14:20 pm by speculatrix »

Carl Johnson

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2018, 05:40:54 am »
Quote from: galodoido
Hi.
Is there an invoice inside the box of your GEMINI you received ? Because it is a gift to a friend and I will resend to him. If there is an invoice I will have to open and remove invoice. Thank you again
Mine doesn't. Don't know about the others.



----

edited by moderator to remove excessive irrelevant quoted text
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 12:15:11 pm by speculatrix »

SimonM

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2018, 11:00:54 am »
Quote from: jutleys
So i guess we are not to far from products shipping. I have created this topic for those who get a shipping notification first please post here and pictures of the device once received.

Hope a mod can sticky this topic on top.

Just got my UK device. Order ID in the 760s. Happily exploring the device!

DJO

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 80
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2018, 02:28:03 pm »
Quote from: SimonM
Just got my UK device. Order ID in the 760s. Happily exploring the device!

Me too, #2312. Now comes weeks of setting & resetting.

Primitive Person

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2018, 06:09:51 am »
Hello! First post here.

Mine arrived yesterday - UK spec, based in Scotland, order 13xx. Had to sit in the office all day knowing it was waiting for me at home!

Impressed so far, although I had a couple of minor frustrations - more to do with my terrible wifi than anything else!

PP
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 06:10:22 am by Primitive Person »

DJO

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 80
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2018, 06:35:02 am »
Quote from: Primitive Person
Had to sit in the office all day knowing it was waiting for me at home!

I think I might have had it worse, I had it sitting on my desk all day at work where we are not allowed to connect personal kit to the network (and no micro SIM available, getting that today). Now that was really frustrating :-)

greguu

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 396
    • View Profile
    • http://github.com/greguu
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2018, 05:54:21 am »
Confirmation email was received one the 1st of June.

(Order ID #6XXX - Placed in January 2018)

Courier is DHL Express from Hong Kong to New Zealand.

ETA:  6th of June.

(Includes 4G upgrade perk, camera and sleeve.)
Gemini-PDA (Stock Android) / LG Nexus 5 (Sailfish OS) / Nokia N9 (MeeGo/Harmattan)
Sharp Zaurus C3100 (Borzoi) - Void Linux (voidz) Kernel 5.0.0 - Hardware (Buffalo CF LAN, DLink 660 CF WiFi, ASIX AX88772 USB Ethernet)

AP756

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2018, 03:00:50 pm »
Order ID #21xx arrived at my doorstep today (Germany).

Bye for now  Fred

hk135

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2018, 04:27:13 am »
Order ID UK1170 from the Planetcom store successfully delievered today, would have been last Friday but for Royal Mail issues.

Time to install Linux, squeee!

scops

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
    • http://
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2018, 04:32:49 am »
Order 1707 (Germany, german keyboard) was successfully delivered yesterday
OpenPandora, Jolla C, BQ M10 fHD (ubports), MacBook Pro Retina (mid-2012), Zaurus SL-5500, OpenMoko Freerunner, Geeksphone Keon (ffOS 2.x), a few Raspberries, too many game consoles and Android devices,...

... and soon: Dragonbox Pyra, Librem 5

Varti

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1172
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2018, 05:34:30 am »
Order #3926, delivered last Wednesday (but due to family and important work obligations I have managed to open the package and setup it only yesterday...). It's the perfect device for OESF admin on the road, as I wished

 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

Charlie Stross

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2018, 10:50:46 am »
Order #6455 is locked. This order was placed the day before the indiegogo campaign price went up $200, so it's probably one of the last outstanding device orders.

(I have an x25 machine, one of the first batch -- order #46 -- but decided I wanted an x27. Will probably switch to using the new one as a daily PDA and dedicate the old one to experimenting with debian and/or sailfish.)