Author Topic: Google Search Bar  (Read 2628 times)

TheLonelyRunner

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« on: February 13, 2020, 09:40:07 am »
Has anyone been able to remove the Google Search Bar from the Desktop? I have gone through the process of removing it based on generic steps for most android devices without success. I am left with a black bar that says "search".
I would love to clean up the desktop and make room for apps and widgets, and enjoy my background.  

TheBruce

• View Profile
    • http://
Google Search Bar
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:36:38 am »
As far as I know, the only way of doing this is using a different launcher. I'm using Nova launcher, which has a free and a paid version. This comes with a lot of nifty extras as well. Recommended

TheLonelyRunner

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 11:06:47 am »
Quote from: TheBruce
As far as I know, the only way of doing this is using a different launcher. I'm using Nova launcher, which has a free and a paid version. This comes with a lot of nifty extras as well. Recommended

Thanks! i'll check that out.

Zarhan

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 12:08:49 pm »
Quote from: TheLonelyRunner

Nova launcher has worked for me. Initially I just worked around it by putting all my icons & stuff on screens 2-n, and left the screen 1 alone with it's ugly search bar and never took a look at it.

TheLonelyRunner

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 12:12:47 pm »
Quote from: Zarhan
Quote from: TheLonelyRunner

Nova launcher has worked for me. Initially I just worked around it by putting all my icons & stuff on screens 2-n, and left the screen 1 alone with it's ugly search bar and never took a look at it.

Same here, i really like a tidy desktop so i was using the second screen. Nova is working great, i've only played around for a few minutes with it. As a Cosmo owner for less than a month I can't convey enough how much a positive experience with the device relies on customizing to personal preference.

VAMM

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 12:14:01 pm »
Quote from: TheBruce

+1 For Nova Launcher

I also installed it initially just to get rid of the Google Search bar. As it turned out though, a nice side benefit is that it's a really nice piece of software and has made my Cosmo's home screen much more appealing and useful.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 12:14:47 pm by VAMM »

adfh

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 10:54:11 pm »
+1 for Nova Launcher!

Vistaus

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 05:47:56 am »
Yandex Launcher also works extremely well on the Cosmo, I'm loving it!

pavelh

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 07:23:01 am »
Thanks for a hint, Nova Launcher is excelent itself and what's more - it really helped me to get rid of enourmously large Google search line.  Another feature - I can have much more (and smaller) icons on just one screen. Thank you.  
( < :
Just by the way - isn't there some Czech Cosmo thread / backer that could help me with my Czech Cosmo keyboard ?

LinuxGuy

• View Profile
Google Search Bar
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 02:09:44 pm »
Quote from: pavelh
Thanks for a hint, Nova Launcher is excelent itself and what's more - it really helped me to get rid of enourmously large Google search line.  Another feature - I can have much more (and smaller) icons on just one screen.

Nova Launcher was  the solution, tried different launchers in f-droid.