Author Topic: V23: eSim (and mobile network) not available anymore  (Read 449 times)

lokomoko

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
V23: eSim (and mobile network) not available anymore
« on: July 07, 2020, 12:14:32 pm »
After upgrading to V23 the eSim is not being detected and as result no mobile connection (phone, mobile data) can be established.
The eSIM wallet tells me to set SIM 2 as a default. All the SIM settings under Settings -> Network & Internet -> SIM cards : are disable, so no way to change.

Sofar the eSim survived upgrades to V20, V21 and V22 without problems. I assume it still there but not detected properly.

cam1965

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
    • View Profile
    • http://
V23: eSim (and mobile network) not available anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 03:20:35 pm »
Quote from: lokomoko
After upgrading to V23 the eSim is not being detected and as result no mobile connection (phone, mobile data) can be established.
The eSIM wallet tells me to set SIM 2 as a default. All the SIM settings under Settings -> Network & Internet -> SIM cards : are disable, so no way to change.

Sofar the eSim survived upgrades to V20, V21 and V22 without problems. I assume it still there but not detected properly.

In cosmo settings  just enable  use esim for sim slot 2.
And the esim will be available.

lokomoko

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
V23: eSim (and mobile network) not available anymore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 05:19:39 am »
Quote from: cam1965
In cosmo settings  just enable  use esim for sim slot 2.
And the esim will be available.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Actually the switch was already enabled to use eSIM for SIM slot 2. After disabling and enabling it again the eSim-wallet will start activating the eSIM and initiate the mobile connection. Unfortunately this has to be done after every reboot. Otherwise the eSIM wallet will show the error message "Preferred SIM for Calls should be switched to SIM slot 2" and has to be started manually. This behaviour is reproducible for non-rooted and rooted PC android.

cam1965

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
    • View Profile
    • http://
V23: eSim (and mobile network) not available anymore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 07:10:13 am »
Quote from: lokomoko
Quote from: cam1965
In cosmo settings  just enable  use esim for sim slot 2.
And the esim will be available.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Actually the switch was already enabled to use eSIM for SIM slot 2. After disabling and enabling it again the eSim-wallet will start activating the eSIM and initiate the mobile connection. Unfortunately this has to be done after every reboot. Otherwise the eSIM wallet will show the error message "Preferred SIM for Calls should be switched to SIM slot 2" and has to be started manually. This behaviour is reproducible for non-rooted and rooted PC android.

You can select the preferred sim card in settings ,network and internet , sim card,  preferred sim for data, calls and messages .

lokomoko

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
V23: eSim (and mobile network) not available anymore
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 07:55:59 am »
Quote from: cam1965
You can select the preferred sim card in settings ,network and internet , sim card,  preferred sim for data, calls and messages .
Thanks for the hint! Just tried that, but for my eSIM-only setup SIM slot 2 is activated and all other controls are disabled due to a lack of alternatives.

Fortunately I have not encountered any of those spurious restarts, that I observed with V22. So I do not have to fiddle with the eSIM in Cosmo settings too often.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:58:05 am by lokomoko »