Author Topic: Keyboards?  (Read 69019 times)

inode0

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2005, 03:49:42 pm »
One more vote for Pocketop IR keyboard. Got mine off eBay. It arrived today, and works great. No key mapping problems. I don't see a "tab" key though....
Other than that, I like it very much!
Hope you've found it by now but it is the esc key on mine.

John

ckblackm

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2005, 03:18:47 pm »
Has anyone gotten the "Portable Stowaway Keyboard" from Fellowes to work?
I just hooked it up and most of the keys, with the exception of those in the numeric keypad area seem to work... how do I make those letters that form the numeric keypad work?

thanks,
Christopher.

Tom61

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2005, 04:57:30 pm »
I just hooked it up and most of the keys, with the exception of those in the numeric keypad area seem to work... how do I make those letters that form the numeric keypad work?

thanks,
Christopher.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100536\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

You mean the USB one? Try turning off/on numlock a few times. If that doesn't work disconnect the dongle to the keyboard, check the contacts, and reconnect it.

ckblackm

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2005, 08:34:37 am »

thanks,
Christopher.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100536\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

You mean the USB one? Try turning off/on numlock a few times. If that doesn't work disconnect the dongle to the keyboard, check the contacts, and reconnect it.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100548\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Yes... the USB one.  If I hit the numlock key... the numeric keys work fine (ie. the "k" will come up as a "2".. but if the numlock is off, nothing happens when I hit the key.

guylhem

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2005, 01:15:30 pm »
hello

you should try with guylhem rom 1.0rc3 - i fixed such problems so that you can use the internal keyboard, a usb keyboard and a bluetooth keyboard at the same time without any additional app/driver.

guylhem

ckblackm

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2005, 01:37:00 pm »
Is there a way to make it work without having to flash the rom?

guylhem

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2005, 03:21:03 pm »
using patches, drivers and multiple hacks, yes.
and looks like you will still have problems as reported here.

is it easier, no

ckblackm

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2005, 01:39:53 pm »

is it easier, no
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100646\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Where do I get your rom?
Will I loose all my installed programs?  What about data/files?
Where do I find instructions on flashing/installing your rom?

thanks,
Christopher.

guylhem

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2005, 09:10:11 am »
you will loose everything - ie you must still have the .ipk here and reinstall them after a flash. Your datafiles are in your /home/zaurus - simply copy everything to a card and copy it back file by file later.

You can first try flashing the kernel only as explained in the "guylhem rom" forum. It will be enough to solve the keyboard problems. But you'll have more to care about (like installing the .tbl files in /opt/Qtopia/etc)

ckblackm

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2005, 11:04:11 am »

is it easier, no
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100646\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

What patches, drivers would I need to use?

mjb

• View Profile
Keyboards?
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2005, 02:00:18 pm »

is it easier, no
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

What patches, drivers would I need to use?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101131\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I tried using an IR keyoard - SK6688 - but was unable to get it to work properly with my 6000. Since I have the expansion sled, which makes my 6000 much thicker, I wouldn't be able to use it easily even if it had worked. It is easy for me to use a usb keyboard, but the mapping issues were a (minor) pain.

I fixed the mapping problems by installing keyhelper and putting the keyhelper.xml file provided earlier in this thread in my Settings directory. Then I ran khctl reload.  Wow! That was easy and almost worked. Somehow keyhelper messed up the < and > keys (shifted , and . respectively), but, with a bit of experimentation, I was able to fix that with two new mappings in the keyhelper.xml file. You can get a copy of mine at:

[a href=\"http://www.cs.unca.edu/~boyd/keyhelper.xml.txt]http://www.cs.unca.edu/~boyd/keyhelper.xml.txt[/url]

Finally, I added two aliases to my .bashrc file:

alias usb='khctl reload'
alias nusb='khctl disable'

Now I have all keys working on the usb keyboard(s) - I have several usb keyboards and they all map the same - and I enter usb at the bash prompt when I want to use a usb keyboard and nusb when I want to use the built-in keyboard. Using the built-in keyboard with the usb mapping isn't bad, but it screws up generating control keys by using shift and fn at the same time. It may have other problems that I haven't discovered, but, for causal use it is OK. It is so easy to switch back and forth that I haven't really tested using the built-in keyboard with the usb mapping

Although I look forward to using the Guyhelm ROM for other reasons, keyhelper has eliminated my need to use it to get the usb keyboard working fully.

cvmiller

• View Profile
    • http://
Keyboards?
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2007, 02:59:30 pm »
To pick up on an old thread.

I am using a Belkin F8U1500T with my SL-6000L. I am using an "updated" version of Craig's IRK driver (from: http://www.geocities.jp/bakkeo2004/) And everything works (almost).

What I can't get working is the QCOP commands (which can be mapped under command keys). In theory, one should be able to map a command like: "QPE/System:setBacklight(int):0"

This would turn off the backlight when the key is pressed. This worked with my old Pocketop keyboard (using an older verions of IRK), but doesn't work with this version which I need to support the Belkin keyboard.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get QCOP commands to work with this version of IRK (or another one supporting the F8U1500T)?

TIA,

Craig...
SL-6000
ROM v1.12 (Sharp)
Belkin F8U1500 IR Keyboard
1 GB SD Card by SanDisk (ext2)

sdjf

• View Profile
    • http://www.sdjf.wordpress.com and http://www.sdjf.esmartdesign.com
Keyboards?
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2007, 10:23:42 am »
It may be a syntax issue.  Your code:

"QPE/System:setBacklight(int):0"

is not a standard commandline qcop command.  It looks like qtopia program code.

Please forgive my naievete but shouldn't it have "qcop" in it?

On the commandline, the above would look like:

qcop QPE/System 'setBacklight(int)' '0'

You might want to see my writeup of qcoptest http://sdjf.esmartdesign.com/ipks/qcoptest.html and use it to monitor the system and see if your qcop messages are getting through.  IIRC, setBacklight may also require 2 integer values.

You could always as last resort run strace and see what the system does when you set the backlight.

I just found a command I was playing with and it may be a Taskbar, not a system message.  Play with the following from my notes:
qcop QPE/TaskBar "message(QString)" "backlight on"; qcop  QPE/TaskBar "setBacklight(int)" "255"

sdjf
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 10:30:32 am by sdjf »
http://www.sdjf.esmartdesign.com
http://www.sdjf.wordpress.com
-----------------
sl5500 running Sharp ROM 2.38 (dead batteries)
sl6000L running Sharp ROM 1.12 (still working)
Opera 7.25 and 7.30
Socket CF 56k modem
3Com USB Ethernet Adapter
Toshiba, Lexar and Kingston SD cards
Lexar, Kingston and Transcend CF cards