Author Topic: WEP problems with WLAN-cards on C860  (Read 1308 times)

wowo123

• View Profile
    • http://
WEP problems with WLAN-cards on C860
« on: September 08, 2004, 08:21:09 am »
When I'm trying to make a connection with my SMC-CF-WLAN card using WEP (64 or 128 bit, open or shared), my CL860 always reports WEP-errors and refuses to connect. Without WEP the connection always works fine. Same problems occur with other cards I tested (Socket, D-Link...). I use the cacko 1.21b (Qtopia) ROM. I did all entries with the network applet. Is it necessary to enable WEP within any hidden script or is it a known bug? Any solutions?

Swifthawk

• View Profile
WEP problems with WLAN-cards on C860
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 10:54:45 am »
I'm having the same problems with a wlan card from Simple mobility. Everything works fine when connecting to AP's that aren't using WEP. But on my wlan network in the office I can't connect with the right keys.

In my case I can't even put in the essid, because there is a space in the name itself. Editing the config-file manually didn't solve this either. I've been trying to solve this a few weeks with all the threads and documents I could find, but unfortunately to no avail. So I've given up on it and just use my laptop instead. It just took to much of my time to figure it all out.